April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Lips - Nivea - A Kiss Of Shine Natural Glossy Lip Care

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by laluna82

I really wanted to give this product a good rating, because it's such a nice, wearable nude shade and the texture isn't too sticky. But the scent/flavor is nearly unbearable. It tastes and smells like rose-scented potpourri, not something I'm looking for in a lip product! Also, this gloss isn't moisturizing at all. If I wear it all day, I wake up the next morning with dry, cracked lips that look like they belong to an 80-year-old (I am in my late 20's). So I have to layer lip balm underneath it to keep my lips from drying out. That kind of defeats the purpose of using moisturizing lip gloss in the first place. If the company changes the formula to eliminate the noxious odor and moisture-thieving SPF, then I would try the gloss again, but until then I do not plan to re-purchase. Thankfully, I didn't actually have to pay for this product because I had a really great coupon.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

LOVE this lip gloss I personally use it as a lip balm before I go to bed to moisterize my lips while I sleep. This is a nice lip balm and is light and has a bit of shimmer it has a faint smell but you can't smell it on the lips. It comes in a tube which is great. It is sold in most drugstores at about 3-4$ it took me FOREVER to finish it so it should last you quit a bit I already bought a backup :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There used to be a similar product in a shorter, wider container. This product is good as well, though. I like that it applies smoothly, but the formula is still thick, so that it lasts on the lips. The taste and smell is a little too strong, however, and I wish there was more of a pink tint. Otherwise, convenient and effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Blueplastic's description of this product's scent/smell made me laugh!!! The scent is particularly unpleasant; my first thought at its notes is "grapefruit", some kind of citrus note, however it's not a crisp clean fragrance. I don't like it, and it's the top reason I would be inclined not to repurchase this product. Otherwise, the formula is nice (not too slippery and oily, and not too sticky/thick). It is nice over more matte lip colors. Note to NIVEA: Please bring NIVEA Beaute to the USA. It'd be well-received here in the USA where we buy lipsticks like candy~*~*~

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by BluePlastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works well as a lip balm. My lips feel moisturized during wear and still feel soft when it's worn off. It doesn't stay on long if you eat or drink, but it's a balm so I wouldn't expect anything else. It has just a slight pink color with a little shimmer and looks fine on, just don't expect a lot of color.

If applied lightly (sort of hard to control because of the squeeze tube packaging), it doesn't feel sticky. If you apply too much, it will probably feel a little sticky.

I took a lippie off because what the heck is that smell/taste? It took me the longest time to identify it, but I think I've nailed it down - roses and musty books. Seriously! The scent isn't bad per se, but it's kind of strong when first applied and roses+musty books is not a taste/smell I'm going for when applying a lip product!

The important thing is to apply as thin a layer as possible so you get less stickiness and less weird taste/smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really sensitive lips and this product does not irritate them at all. My only complaint is taste, but it's not to be eaten. LOL. I find that it's mildly sticky, but not bad at all. I like to use it before bed. Good night time lip product unless you sleep face down

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by mjo42

i like it. its alright. i like the color though because i feel its a really light subtle color that can be layered over any color or it can be worn alone for a natural look.

This claims to have "brilliant clear glossy shine", "no-sticky residue", and "long lasting moisturization".
The "brilliant clear glossy shine is true. it gives a beautiful shine.
The "no-sticky residue" is false. There is a slight sticky residue.
The "long lasting moisturization" is ummm well its so-so.It give a little bit of moisturization.

Very nice packaging. squeezy tube. controlable.

Smells nice. a little bit sweet and fruity.

Overall, i wouldn't repurchase this only because i fee like there's better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by CupCakeEllie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally found a lip moisturizing product that works. I love that this products stays on for quite a while. The texture is not sticky considering it is a thick gloss. I love it, my lips love it. I'd definitely buy this again. No color, no taste.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Emilyy513

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is really moisturizing. it's not sticky like the tube says, and you can wash it off with water if necessary. It's shiny, which is good. If i were to buy this product again, i'd buy it in Pink Glossy Lip Care instead, for more color.I got this at Walmart at the aisle next to the cashier. it was very affordable, about $2.00. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm! For me, there are so many pluses to it. First off, its affordable and can be found practically in any drugstore. There are several varieties of balm to choose from. They are frequently sold in two packs (where you pay for one, but you get a bonus stick!) And I think the packaging is cute. I always pick these up if I see them on sale or if I'm running low.