July 23, 2014 | 1269 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Eye

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Negative. I've used this before & got NO RESULTS WHATSOEVER from it. The only reason I've been using it again is because I got a generous trial size with some other PTR products I bought. No. If anything, my under eye area is more crepey & lined than when I started using this again 4 weeks ago. Also, whatever it is supposed to do (firm & tighten), it definitely does not moisturize, so it's not even good for that.

I can't even be bothered to use up the rest of this trial size. Would not repurchase, would not recommend. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a huge fan of PTR products, but this one isn't my favorite. I prefer a creamy, more long lasting eye cream and this one has a more watery consistency. I also didn't notice any difference or reduction in fine lines. The only upside I can see is that a little goes a long way with this product. I have the .3 fl oz size that came in the Un-Wrinkle kit and it has lasted me nearly three months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by gbetzold

I've never left a product review before, but this product impressed me enough that I feel like it deserved a review. I'm 29, but living in Phoenix has wrecked my skin. A year ago, I was mistaken for a 32 year old! Anyway, I don't have any crow's feet, however, I do have DARK under eye circles and two lines under each eye that are probably medium depth. I bought a sample size of this product by accident (I wanted to buy a kit that had the Unwrinkle Balm and the PTR Mascara, and this product happened to also be in the kit). In any case, I thought nothing of it and decided to try it so it wouldn't go to waste. After a week, I was blown away! My dark circles were completely gone. My dermatologist told me they would never go away because it's hereditary. After another week of use, my lines faded and the skin under my eyes smoothed out. In fact, the skin smoothed out enough that now the comedones under my eyes are pretty apparent! I have very sensitive eyes (chemical sunscreens turn my eyes bright red and cause my eyes to water all day) but it hasn't hurt my eyes at all. My only criticism is that the price is outrageous! On the one hand, it's an effective cream and it does last a long time, even with twice daily applications. But, $100 just seems crazy. So, I tried to find other creams with the same results and nothing has worked as well. Consequently, I've continued buying it. Interestingly, after the first two weeks, the dramatic improvements didn't seem to continue; it appears the cream's results plateau after a certain period of time. This can be good, if you have mild issues and want to prevent further damage, but if you have deep lines, Fraxel laser may be your best bet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first tried this Peter Thomas Roth product in a sample from a Sephora associate. However, a sample does not do it justice at all. You must use a decent amount to see any types of results at all. Should you be lucky to get a sample, it will show the consistency of Un-Wrinkle Eye. It is a firmer type cream, full of peptides and other good ingredients. I've been using it for over two months now and honestly say I do see a difference in the fine lines on my face. As far as my crow's feet, it has lessened them, yes, but as I always say, they are here to stay. I'm not going to get rid of them permanently. However, I do see a difference in the overall appearance of my lines. The packaging is both good and bad. Pump container that is coated to protect the integrity of the ingredients. That's good. They should stay stable longer. The pump dispenses a small amount at a time. Even tho this is Un-Wrinkle Eye I do use it on my upper lip, and the "11's", etc. What I didn't like about the container is that you have absolutely no idea what amount is left inside. There is no level indicator and that isn't good.I don't like knowing if there is something left in the container and there doesn't appear to be any way of opening it to see what's left short of breaking it open. Yes, I will repurchase. Ingredients include: SYNAKE; SNAP-8; ARGIRELINE; SYN-COLL; MATRIXYL; SWEET ALMOND OIL; VITAMIN E; VITAMIN A.
Just when I thought the pump was empty, I took a plier to it out of curiosity. As I said, there is no level indicator on this. After literally wrenching it open, there was a good two weeks left in this container. Go figure.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by badb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not impressed. I have used other PTR products & had noticeable results, not so with this eye treatment. I don't even find it particularly moisturizing. Will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by agmack324

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for all of four or five days now and I can already see the difference in the fine lines under my eyes. Works great under concealer and really smooths out that area. It's not as moisturizing as I'd like in a night cream so at night I put something on top of it at night, but I've tried a lot of expensive eye creams and I've never been this impressed. Coming off of $160 Sisley, this feels like a bargain too :-) Compared this to Perricone, Clarins, Ole Henrickson, and others before buying, and I know I chose the best one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahalthea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hmmm.... I like that this isn't a rich eye cream so it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I can wear makeup over it without worrying about it moving. I have noticed a difference, in that over the last 6 months of use, my wrinkles haven't really grown. It is light enough that I use it on the lid to prevent creping, without having my eyes get irritated.

However, I'm actually not a fan of the packaging. Given that this is so expensive, it seems like a waste of product to use a pump. I only use a little bit, so what gets lost in the pump is enough for at least 5 additional applications. That's nearly a week of milage!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by NoelleF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my latest go-to eye cream. I'm on my 3rd bottle. Much more noticeable results than Dr. Perricone High Potency Eye Lift. Bought that and noticed NO change at all. I do also use Shiseido's Benefiance gently patted on top (under eye) after I'm done with my makeup. The PTR is not that moisturizing, but I'm fine with that b/c I layer the Shiseido on top. What I'm interested in is peptides and firming and the PTR does keep my crinkles away. I have moderate under-eye wrinkles and slight loss of firmness that Botox can't help! :-) I'm always on the lookout for something better, however, so I might try Dr. Patricia Wexler's or La Roche-Posay next time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a thicker emollient type of eye lotion and it does absorb pretty quickly. I awoke daily with a few crusties around my eyes from using it. Overall, it is just a little above average for me. I'd give this 3.5 lippies if that was an option!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by daniella

Seems to work well at moisturizing and preventing and helping those tiny wrinkles that occur from dryness or environment. It comes in a nice pump style, hygenic packaging, which is great.

It is on the expensive side, though!