July 30, 2014 | 1744 users online

Top/Base Coats - Nailene - Acrylic Strong Protectng Topcoat

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by xxFebruaryxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It worked fine as a top coat but I found that it dried out quickly and the brush wasn't long enough to get more than halfway down the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Teenitinytina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am so torn with this product. It sometime works wonders with the nail polish that I use and made my polish last forever but sometimes it melts my nail polish and i ended up having to remove everything and reapply again. I am not sure what is up with this but I feel that it is best applied after your nail polish completely dries because if it is not it will melt off your polish like no tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by vanna98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the product is pretty good does what it says but it takes forever to dry and im the type of person who is impacient.... but i guess thats okay its really thin and when its dry its super shiny sometimes i would add two coats for more shine and less bumps

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Regina086

I use this mostly as a top coat and it works great!!! I enjoy doing nail art with glitter, gems, and acrylic powder and this really helps seal everything in. Normally nail art is done with gel however since I don't have those supplies readily available, I really depend on the top coat to protect my time and effort.

I recently just ran out of this and used a generic top coat and got to see what an amazing product this really is. Unlike the generic brand this product lasts along time, it does not chip, and helps me grow my nails. I used to have really short and brittle nails, but nailene has given them that extra protection and now my nails are not only long but have actually gotten stronger. I definitely will be purchasing more and this is an item I have already recommended to my family and friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by edenholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am actually really happy with this product. I bought it because I enjoy doing some nail art and hate having chipped nail polish, which tends to happen almost immediately with me because I am quite rough with my hands (scientist, so I'm always washing off chemicals or picking at things). I also tend to buy cheap nail polish so anything that helps it last longer is fine with me!

It lasts almost indefinitely on my toenails, and has pretty good wear for at least a couple of days on my fingernails. If I top up the coat every day (I do this for my own peace of mind, I'm not sure if it's really necessary to do it so often) it usually lasts at least a week. As someone else said, it loses the high gloss after a day or two but a new coat easily fixes that. It is pretty expensive but it's the only top coat I have found that does what it's supposed to, looks great and the bottle lasts a fairly long time too! I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This isn't that great a product. I have chips by day 3 which is better than most products I've tried. It does not dry fast which bugs me because I always accidentally end up smudging one nail after 20 mins. If the price weren't so high ($15 a bottle) I'd probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ShiShiPooPoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This beats them all hands-down. I wash my hands alot and deal with paper all day (teacher) and my polish lasts at least 5 days at a time. I can make it last longer than that if I refresh with a coat around day 3. I buy two at a time because it is hard to find. love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this topcoat because I really needed one and I just cannot buy anymore Sally Hansen products. They just don't do anything for my nails.
This is just a so-so top coat. I've been using it for about 2 months now and the most it lasts is >2 days without chipping. In its defense, it is quite strengthening, but not enough for my weak, peeling nails. Okay for now, but I think I will go back to Seche Vite when it's gone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

This is an okay topcoat. It does the job. Its not amazing, its not horrible either.

It goes on a little thick... well not exactly. Its more like, the brush just grabs onto a lot of product.

It first particially dries, and becomes this nice shiny gel-like look of a finish, and then, after about a day, it just looks... normal. like regular clear nail polish.

I dont notice the difference between using this, and just a regular clear nail polish.