October 22, 2014 | 1138 users online

Highlighters - Illamasqua - Solstice

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Honey87

Good product but comes out too greeny on me. So, I use Christian Dior Crystal White eyeshadow underneath and then apply this - and it looks MUCH better. I don't know why people are using this as a highlighter - it is too green for that. Use any silvery-white eyeshadow on your lid and then apply this. It is an eyeshadow, don't use on cheeks lol

The pigments for this company are great too - Alluvium on top of blue eyeshadow is STUNNING!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by rowanlallen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Liquid Metal in Solstice is a treasured piece of my Illamasqua collection. The colour is balanced by the right amount of yellow and green which creates a true gold. If one is to go by the shade name, Solstice, it is definitely the colour that I would wear for the summer solstice (it would be at it's best when watching the sun).The pigment is intense. Alter-egos wearing Solstice could be the free spirit, the mysterious, the social animal: the list goes on. What it always adds is a bit of intrigue. It takes an obvious look and makes it interesting and creates another dimension. It is so versatile and can be a part of many looks.

I have not experienced any creasing but I have only tried the product in the following ways: always applied with finger and either on top of Illamasqua's Cream Eyeshadow in Touch or MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly (typically the latter).

Have yet to try this on the body yet. So far it has been a full lid colour, an inner eye corner colour, a liner, a cheek highlight and a lip colour. Using Solstice on the lips is really fun. I love highlighting the cupids bow with it or wearing it over the full lip. Illamasqua's Medium Pencil in Debonair looks awesome with a bit of Solstice in the centre of the lower lip!

I have used it a good number of times and there is still a lot of product left. You do not need much as it is highly pigmented: although when hovering over the "Checkout" button it seems expensive, you are getting a lot of use. As I write at the top of this review it is a true gold, a real treasure chest find, and albeit being easily worked into many looks it is not an item used regularly by myself but an item and shade I bring out whenever I want to add that extra depth and intrigue. Solstice is like precious jewellery for the eyes, lips and face... I will repurchase when I have run out.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by melanie1784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, i just wish i ould wear it all over my eyes, but it creases really bad. Works great as a liner or highlighter though. Amazing colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by bebeflamand

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very unique product and my first introduction to the Illamasqua brand. The packaging is quite cute and consistent for all their products.
I have used this as a highlight, eyeliner and all over the lid and it's gorgeous in every way. Some have reported creasing, but so far it hasn't creased on me. It really shows up as the perfect gold for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

Solstice! wow, this is really bright liquid metal looking like gold. not the average gold like UD half baked, but more yellow and just a bit of greenish.
I'm NC30 with brown eyes for reference. When i first tried it, i thought I'm going to be very discriminating with this because it is not cheap and I don' need another gold in my collex, so, yeah, it better be unique and worth it.
Well it was amazing! so wonderful and will make your eyes the most beautiful among other golds.
Texture is creamy, smooth and color is very pigmented.
I use it all over the lid, note: it's best applied with the finger over a base for long lasting power; for my crease i use a matte brown like Handwritten to give dimension to the whole look. To make the color pop even more I wore my bronzer all over, lightly. and since I'm not afraid of drama, I use red lipstick, but just to stain my lips and top with gloss.
Turn heads? you bet.
Well, all I'm saying is that this Illamasqua Solstice it's a very special product. It inspires me for a summer goddess sexy siren, lol just sayin'

Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Giannina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It tends to crease so beware and use a primer underneath, very pigmented, love the color, is pure gold. My first Illamasqua product and I'm very happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

This is truly a liquid metal on the eyes. The color is amazingly bright and I love it with my brown/hazel eyes. I do think it can crease a little more than most so I would recommend using a primer under it - but it is unique and gorgeous!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 3:44:00 PM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i dont have solstice, i have enrapture which is the bronze shade. maybe i am using it wrong, but it creases terribly on my lids. so terribly, as in a few minutes after i apply. i have tried using a base, and that just made it crease even faster. also, when i apply it over my entire lid, it doesnt show up very pigmented on me. so far the only good use i have had with it is using it on the innermost portion of my lower lashline. when used in small spaces like that, its fine. i am very disappointed with this liquid metal product, especially for the price i paid. i'll just have to try and work with it by using it on other parts of my body besides just my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by waterbb

Yes, it is a very pretty product. Probably just because I don't know how to use it. It creases really bad on my eyes, and I have UDPP underneath?? I ended up return it to Sephora, too bad thou.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by titty1113

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very rich metallic colour, WOW!
I love the texture, it is neither a cream nor a powder, but it is somewhere in between. Could not find any brush or other tools to apply it with, so I just use my finger. Not too hygenic, I know, so if you have a solution for this, please let me know. For me this has to be the only downside.
I use it on my lids only, and you need a primer of some kind otherwise it will crease.
Great staying power as well.
I had to buy Enrapture and will get the new silver one soon.