April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Lip Gloss - Illamasqua - Sheer in Lily-Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by oxymora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite sheerer lip glosses! A gorgeous pink-red which is still produces quite a bit of colour even though it is meant to be sheer. The formula is not sticky or greasy, and I find it stays put very well for a lipgloss.

It seems Illamasqua has changed the tubes recently, my other glosses are a squeeze tube but this one arrived today with a wand.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by peppermintpolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was my intro to Illamasqua. I love the color, and the fact that it's not sticky. I'm not too fond of the tube...it is a little hard to squeeze, without squeezing too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by ichigo9180

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lipgloss is so necessary. I was reluctant to purchase it because in the tube the color looks like this radioactive scarlet. However, the color that Illamasqua swatches for Lily-rose online was really nice, so I decided to give it a shot. Luckily, Illamasqua was being real- the color was exactly what they said it would be and it's perfect. A sweet, reddish pink that makes a real difference without being overwhelming. Also, the staying power is great and it feels good on the lips. My one complaint is that the tube itself was a little weird to use. You basically just squeeze the lipgloss out like toothpaste, which I wasn't a fan of, especially the first time, but I'm hoping I'll get more used to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AQuestionofLust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lily Rose appears to be an almost violent shade of fluorescent red-pink in the tube, but applies as a beautiful, gentle popsicle-pink stained hue on the lips. If you apply a thicker than normal layer, Lily Rose(named after Johnny Depp's daughter, I'm fairly sure given Illamasqua's penchant for names) is a face brightening sheer cherry shade on my pale mauve lips. It's perfect for a subtle pop of color for the more timid, or a great perky spring shade.

I really, really like Illamasqua's gloss tube. It's a squeeze tube, but narrow with a slant tip. The slim package allows for easy and accurate application on the fly, which makes my life easier... and also makes me more inclined to actually use this product(makeup hoarder I am!). It's also more sanitary than a wand applicator, which I typically prefer to squeeze tubes simply for ease of application. The plastic used is also firm, which is great because I don't feel like it's going to explode in the abyss of my purse or in my pocket while I'm out dancing.

The formula is what causes my less than stellar rating. It provides excellent gloss and wear without being too sticky, however, my lips are always horribly dry whenever I remove this gloss or it wears off naturally. My lips aren't prone to dryness, even with matte lipsticks, so I find this odd-- and annoying! I always have a lip balm on hand, but even with that, my lips are sensitised from being so dry and so after using Illamasqua gloss I may go a whole day with sore lips.

This isn't the end of the world and I enjoy the look of the product as well as the excellent and minimalistic packaging, so I will probably buy again for the way the product performs. Lily Rose is a particularly nice hue and I enjoy wearing it, I just wish it wouldn't dry out my lips so!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this was one of my first illamasqua products that i purchased when they started in london:)) i have to admit i am on my second tube and i do not like dark or too reddish lipcolours :)) but this one..oh boy!!!! just amazing!!!!! it can be sheered to intense pink ot worn as its own cherry red transparent colour.. soo amazing, and soo long lasting.. and if i may suggest something ladies- try out the illamasqua nail varnish in Brigitte.. the Lily rose on nails:)))) absolute winning combo:)))

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by fashiongal

Lovely color - a pinkish, cherry red. Actually has pretty good pigmentation for a "sheer" lipgloss. Leaves behind a nice stain when it wears off - looks like you've been eating a cherry popsicle. Not overly sticky, but lasts pretty well. My main complaint is I hate the applicator. I know it's more sanitary to have a squeeze top applicator, but I miss my doe foot or brush. You don't get as nice of an application if you apply from the tube (requires a mirror) and it's a pain to carry a lipgloss brush around with you. Makes those quick touchups not so quick, and not so convenient. This product would have received a much higher rating from me if the packaging had been different.