August 28, 2014 | 1762 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Excite

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by maashi

I'm big on pigmented mattes so this goes right up my alley...
This looks really orange in the pan, but it does look pinker on the face. A little goes a veeeeeeery long way, so layer it, don't just pick too much up in the pan. It gives an awesome pop of colour that lasts 8 hours for me. I feel NARS Exhibit A pulls a little orange than this, and is slightly more forgiving, but both are in the same territory, and both are mattes.
I have 5 Illamasqua blushes, 4 of which are powders - they're at a good price point and the quality is fantastic, just don't drop them they are very prone to shattering.
For reference I am East Asian, roughly NC35 I think (I don't use MAC much).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by cbk821

I've been using this exact blush for over a year now. Ever since I first found it, I haven't been able to find another blush that quite 'does it' for me (color and brightness, wise). For me, however, the blush color ONLY looks awesome when my skin is fully covered in a foundation. So that means, unless I have gone through a complete makeup routine (concealer, foundation, etc.), I don't use the blush at all, because it just looks orangey on my naturally oily, imperfect complexion. But not to take away from the awesomeness of this product: whenever I go out, especially to a party, this is my go-to blush. It's vibrant, stays on pretty well (eventually fades after a sweaty night, but that can't be helped...), and stands out. With a fully makeup-ed face, this is absolutely the best blush out there. Makes you look like a porcelain doll.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this blush earlier this year & was "Excited" to try it & add another Orange to my collection. I was very disapointed. This blush is described as "Vibrant Coral" and is a matte. When I first swatched it,it seems to be dry & ashy feeling and the color was anything but Vibrant. For reference I'm Nc45-50 & now summer I can swing a Nw43. Once applied it wasn't anything special,you could tell I slighty had on blush...but it wasn't giving me the lit from within,or natural glow as my other Oranges. It did wear a times & had some staying power though,but did fade. Like Mac,Nars & although these are very pigmented this blush was not and did nothing for me.I actually won't call this one pigmented at all! I'm not sure if it was this color or if this particular one came from a bad batch. So as of now no bueno to a repurchase,unless I can actually swatch irl!.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Poofers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with Illamasqua blushes! Excite was my second one (Panic being my first). What phenomenal quality! Incredible pigmentation, I literally tap my stipling brush ONCE onto the product and that's all I need. Excite gives my cheeks a soft warmth of tangerine. Looks great when I have cool tones on my eyes (like dark purples). Go easy on application, apply in layers because it can get clownish quick! But so perfect when applied right. Worth every penny, so little product is used it will last.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks alarmingly orange in the pan and you have to be very careful with application or it will look alarmingly organgey on your face. For a matte blush its not too powdery and layers/blends very smoothly. With careful application the colour becomes a rich deep peach on my NC43 skin. It looks just perfect - its not at all ashy, brightens my entire face but is not too bright to wear to the office or in winter. It lasts all day on my oily skin without oxidising or needing to touch up which are both major pluses.

Considering the cost (18) the packaging feels cheap and there is very little product only 4.5 grams. But few brands do such rich matte blushes that aren't ashy so this still gets 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by efkeller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first Illamasqua product and I am very pleased with it. I was looking for a peachy/apricot blush and was going back and forth between this and NARS Gilda. This came in a little bit cheaper than NARS and I read so many great reviews that I decided to go with this.

I find that this blush is SUPER pigmented and I have to lightly tap my brush into the product, tap off excess, and then brush some off on my hand before I can apply it to my cheeks. It's a lot of work for a blush, and I imagine it would be less work for darker skin tones, but I really love the touch of peach that I can achieve if I work the product right! Too much, however, can give a sunburnt look. I'm a neutral leaning NW20 btw.

I don't think I will ever need to repurchase this shade, since I use so little at a time. But I am definitely interested in trying more Illamasqua products! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this blush. I went into Sephora looking for a coral or orangey blush for my olive toned skin. To sum it up, it's gourgeous. Its color is very unique, I had a hard time finding exactly what I wanted, but this fits the bill. You have to apply it ever so lightly or you will look rather clownish. But when applied right, it looks perfect. I love the texture, it is soft but not so soft that when you put your brush to the pan you loose a bunch of the powder. This will last forever, I have had it for three months using it daily and it looks almost new. I also love the fact that it is matte with no shimmer, yet not flat either.Though note that I have very warm toned skin, I'm not sure how this would work for those with cooler tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by journeyisthejoy1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pout Blossom Belle was my HG blush until it was discontinued. I got Excite and Lover in hopes that it would be a replacement. Cargo Laguna was close (traffic cone orange), but without the shimmer and tad of milkiness Blossom Belle has. At the very least, based on reviews, I thought Excite would be a dupe for Laguna. Unfortunately, Excite pulls more hot pink/red than orange IMHO. In fact, it reminds me much more of Pout Apricot Totty and NARS Exhibit A than Blossom Belle.

Lasting power wise, lasted full 8 hours layered over a cream blush (Stila Rouge Pot in Dahlia: another discontinued HG milky creamy orange). This is also how I wore Pout Blossom Belle, so I would venture to say the lasting power is the same.

However, I have broken out with about 4 pimples in the cheek area. Not sure if this is the culprit. Also for those also searching for a Pout Blossom Belle / Stila Dahlia dupe: Illmasqua Lover is close but a tad more pink...more of a milky peach pink instead of the milky peach orange I am looking for. BUT, it may be the closest I can get, provided it is not causing breakouts (which I have read on the boards, has been an issue).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by shel21282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just got this blush at Sephora- had waited a few weeks as I would go to Sephora and look at it, put it on with the mini tester applicators and think it was too bright. I have tan skin (I'm half white & half black). Finally I bought it and I LOVE IT! The color is beautiful and once applied looks much more toned down than in the pan. I would caution fair skinned ladies that this color may be too bright and look clownish on them. However, the very first time I applied it with a brush I only lightly tapped my brush in the pan and it went on way to heavy. You only need a light (VERY LIGHT) dusting to get good color application. You need a good brush to apply this with as well- the spongy applicators pick up too much color and make it difficult to apply and blend. Price is high for a blush ($24) but no more than NARS blush. The pigmentation is much better than NARS blushes (and I love them too!). The color is so unique (no dupes that I can think of) that its worth trying if you have tan/golden/dark skin tone. Doubt I'll hit pan anytime soon but I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mycatsagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Excite is my HG blush. An amazing product and such a beautiful colour! Looking at it, you'd think it would only work on darker-skinned ladies since it's such an intense colour, but I'm pretty much as pale as they come and it's the nicest shade I've ever worn.

The colour is absolutely gorgeous. It doesn't look quite as orangey on as it does in the case, but it is still a VERY bright shade, not for the timid! It's extremely highly pigmented, so i literally just barely touch it with my blush brush and then blow off the excess before applying and it's still incredibly bright. This is awesome because it means it lasts AGES, since you barely have to use any. The brightness you get upon application will not last all day, but as it is such a beautiful, intense colour, you'll still have a gorgeous flush at the end of the day, and obviously, re-application is easy.

I also really like the packaging for this product. Unfortunately, I dropped the blush pretty hard, and the packaging broke a little but the blush did not crumble at all (a huge problem I've had with other powder blushes from other brands... I'm clumsy and drop everything!).

I've only tried one other Illamasqua blush before - "Chased". I only wore it once because the colour didn't work on me, but the formula was the exact same as the formula for Excite. Same pigmentation, though Excite is much brighter. So if you've enjoyed other Illamasqua blushes and would like an exciting, amazing peachy colour, DEFINITELY TRY THIS OUT!!!

It's a beautiful colour that leaves me looking flushed, like I just had an amazing work out, or like I've just had some great sex (haha). Somehow makes my whole face look brighter and healthier.

Anyway, to sum up - a-flippin-mazing! Have already bought twice and will 100% purchase again.