April 18, 2014 | 1375 users online

Lip Gloss - Stila - Lip glaze

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by blackattire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good lip glaze.
I kind of like the paintbrush-style applicator but it's not really something you'd want to do in public if you need a quick retouch.
It lasts for a good amount of time, but it is on the thicker side so it might take an extra few moments to apply it right and smooth it.

Overally not bad at all and a nice alternative to lipstick if you want something there, but not as bold.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My review is bitter sweet because I do really like these glosses. They're thick and slightly sticky which is something I love. They last fairly long, for a gloss. However, I hate the applicator. It's just a pain, and slightly embarrassing, to have to click the product out, and than proceed to paint my lips in public. The worst part about these, though, is the price. I understand it's more common to buy them on sale, or in little sets (that's how I buy mine. I just bought 3 for $15 at Ulta), but let's look at what Stila is charging for one full sized product... $22 for .08 oz. Just to put it into perspective, MAC charges $15 for their basic tinted lipglass of .17 oz. And, Revlon charges around $8 for .2 oz. of their gloss. Even getting into the same price range as Stila (though, I don't consider what they offer to be high end) NARS charges $25 for .28 oz.
It's borderline insulting that they charge as much as they do. If they changed the packaging to a doe foot, and either dropped the price, or gave us $22 worth of product, than this would be my favorite line. They offer a few shades that I love. But, it's lip gloss and I can find similar shades elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a ton of these lip glazes, and keep buying more! They're not the best lip gloss I've ever used, a bit thick and sticky. But they stay on for quite awhile compared to other glosses and have a shade selection that can't be matched! Ulta often has the .05 size tubes for only around $8, which is what a drug store gloss would cost anyway. Some of them have great nearly opaque color pay off, some are more sheer and great for layering over lipsticks to give them a glossy finish or a bit of shimmer. So while Lip Glazes aren't the best glosses ever, I will continue to buy them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I've tried several Stila lip glazes over the years, and unfortunately I still can't sell myself on it. The main problem I have with this glaze is the texture. It's heavy, sticky and not very moisturizing.

On the positive side, if you don't mind the texture or don't find it as annoying as I do, there's a wide selection of colors and finishes, from sheer to (fairly) opaque, from shimmer to clean. The applicator does make for an easy, even application.

This product is not poor quality at all. It just doesn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the color range of this product, so much variety! However, I have several gripes with the packaging. I do not like the twist product out method, it is messy and product gets all over the lid. Come on, Stila. The lipglazes all look beautiful on, mind you they are somewhat sticky (don't mind it too much) Will repurchase them at if at super afforadble prices. Still slighty iffy...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are good glosses in general. They have a variety of colours and I like the texture- a medium stickiness that enables it to stay on decently but not so sticky it feels like glue.
The SA at Mecca Cosmetica in Myer Melbourne city mentioned that these had been reformulated from the gluey formula they once were to something more smooth, and she's right, remembering the last one a few years ago I picked up.

I picked up the Color Me Glossy set for 2013 holidays. It contains 9 'mini' lip glazes (which aren't too far from full size. These minis are .05oz and the full sizes are .08oz).
The colours are as follows:

Wildberry- a sheer pinky red with no shimmer that gives the slightest hint of pinky red with a glossy shine. smells sort of like berryish candy

Dazzleberry- a gorgeous deep berry wine colour with pink, purple and red shimmer. good for someone who wants a shimmery vampy lip without going full bold colour. smells like plum candy.

Persimmon- a bold pinkish red, no shimmer. definately the most pigmented of the set. smells like sour worms.

Strawberry Cream- a light cool baby pink cream, that goes on semi sheer. smells like synthetic strawberry candy.

Kaleidoscope- the sheerest of the set, this is a peach tinted clear gloss with multicoloured shimmer. good for layering. smells like peach candy.

Melon- a bright pinky coral with no shimmer.just as pigmented as Persimmon. can't put my finger on the scent but its pleasant.

Amaretto- a nude pink/mauve cream, no shimmer. a very neutral colour good for day wear. smells very plasticky unfortunately.

Passionfruit- a mid toned pink with fine gold microglitter. also very nice for day wear. smells similar to melon.

Overall I am very happy with this set. I paid $50AU for this (standard Australian pricing).
There is a gloss for every occasion in this set, and it is set up so you can gift them in sets of 3.

I find them moisturising, and much better value compared to buying them individually (they are about $32 each)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by veelui

picked up the set of 9 for $28 at sephora, which is pretty cheap; its the holiday season so they were meant to be sold as stocking stuffers. yes, as some say, it is on the sticky side, but i love the way you twist the barrel to get the gloss onto the brush, as theres less risk for contamination like most lipglosses are packaged. i kept this pack but ill pick up another pack for my friends' xmas gifts :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by beautygurl011

My Ulta was having a 3 for $15 deal on the smaller lip glazes from Stila, so my mom picked one (Shortcake) and I picked two (Banana Berry and Peaches&Cream). They are a good price I think, and the packaging is so so. Too much can come out if you're not REALLY careful when twisting it, which gets annoying. Also, they're pretty sticky on my lips, which I hate. But the color is so nice that to me it's sort of worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

ok so I used my bestfriends a few times before and I found them REDICULOUSLY sticky like gross. But when I was at Murale they had the special edition one in "xoxo murale" for 5$ so I thought "why not get one to have in my makeup collection" I felt like an idiot because it took me forever to get it working, but I am glad I bought it. I don't know if it is just this one but it is not sticky AT ALL which is weird because everyother one i have had or tried was like sticky tack on my lips. I think it may be a hit or miss product. They look very nice on the lips though especially over a nude lipstick. I wouldnt pay more than 8$ for them (drugstore lipgloss price) because of the size) I wouldn't buy them unless they were on a good sale either. Not worth the full price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by joneschick114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Review on the Fiesta Set lip glaze trio

Last year there was a summer themed lip glaze trio which featured the shades Kitten, Maraca and Pinata. The set was 12 dollars at Sephora near the register, and I had already planned on getting it, since these have been so hyped over the years. I have a Stila shadow palette which is great so I figured the glosses would also be great! The click pen is OK- it does get a little gloopy on the brush which will transfer to the cap, but that's easy enough to clean if it gets too messy. I feel like it takes a little while to crank the product up and you usually will get more than a lip application's worth, but that's OK. You also don't get a ton of product in these pens- only .05 fl. ounces. To me, that's OK since I only use these occasionally. Texture wise they are thick and sticky but that a good thing because it insures your gloss won't simply evaporate off your lips or fade away, as most cheap glosses do. The plastic brush head works well enough for application but I can't guarantee it is sanitary- its really meant for personal use, although you could sanitize it if you needed to. Cons aside, I don't mind a little goopiness if it serves the purpose of lengthening wear time!

Color wise Kitten is probably my fave of the trio (I realized she is missing and am a wee bit panicky). Its a color that is in the permanent line if you will, and I assume its included in their other sets- possibly the holiday ones? Its a gorgeous pinky/nude/beige color with golden micro-glitter if I can recall accurately. I love it over nude lipstick, its an excellent companion. Maraca is a light, sort of medium pink, no glitter but high shine and has a fruity smell. It also would work great over a nude or light pink lippie. Pinata is a fun one- bright, juicy pink with gold micro-glitter and a fake peach/fruity smell. I like pairing this will purple on the eyes.

The package these came in was also cute- little colorful polka dots all over! So, all in all I really like these, but they are not 100% fuss-free. They all provide tremendous shine and great, durable, color pay off. They are very pigmented glosses, but not as much as a liquid lipstick. If you're tired of your lip glosses fading, losing shine or appearing pigmented in the package but wear only clear on, I've got the answer for you! These are one of those products that is more worth the hype it receives and maintains!