September 2, 2014 | 1896 users online

Lip Gloss - Stila - Lip glaze

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by ShortAndProud

I have tons of these from a gift and I am not impressed. There is barely any product and they are really thick and sticky. They don't last long on my lips at all. The only good thing is the pigmentation, but they still go on very streaky. Definitely not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by seeka2000

I have about a dozen of these. They leave a nice wash of color and just the right amount of shine to wear to work. I can make it several hours without having to reapply, if I don't eat a heavy lunch.

These are a glaze. Sticky, not full on color opaque, and not moisturizing. So if those are turn offs to a lippy, no matter how beautiful they are in the store they will be a huge let down for you. If you don't mind the sticky and a more muted look these are fantastic, perfect for the office where a bright bold lip is frowned upon. It's not to say that these are not pigmented, they are. They just won't be as bold as say MAC or Too Faced.

My only complaint about the packaging is how much you have to twist the first time you use it. I got annoyed after a few moments and went hog wild. So much mess :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by RedAngelWings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this gloss. All the stila lip glazes smell like their names. I think this is really cool! Haha, anyway I got a whole pack of these lip glazes for Christmas and I love them! They all apply nicely because they have brush tips, and they smell amazing of course. I just wish these could be a little more pigmented and not be so expensive because you aren't getting that much in one tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in spiced ginger. Though the colour is very nice inside the pen but need to apply many layers to get to that colour. So it works out an expensive lipgloss. The texture is very sticky and always get caught up with my long hair.

Lipgloss in a pen is interesting. It's easier to apply when you don't have a mirror with you. Otherwise, I don't see the fuss of it. I would prefer the traditional one with a wand.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I bought this in the colour "blood orange" (which is self-explanatory) and I am IN LOVE with the colour, since I find that red glosses are a nice way to still go red on days when I just don't feel like keeping up with a red lip. The gloss is a bit sticky, but I don't mind the way it feels. It smells like strawberries, and the product is generally good -- and for $8? Not too bad.

That being said, the only word I can describe the packaging with is, "embarrassing." I really hate having to reapply this, because you have to click the stupid pen thirty times, and the "paintbrush" sort of configuration is just generically stupid.

Love love love the gloss, hate hate hate the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE stila!, But this product was just a miss for me, I had liked the ELF Hypeershine glosses so much I wanted to go and grab one of these,so I got the one in apricot, Nice color, scent. However It is soooooo Sticky!!! I mean I couldn't stand it, I wiped it off and it now sits waaaayy in the back.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by blackattire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good lip glaze.
I kind of like the paintbrush-style applicator but it's not really something you'd want to do in public if you need a quick retouch.
It lasts for a good amount of time, but it is on the thicker side so it might take an extra few moments to apply it right and smooth it.

Overally not bad at all and a nice alternative to lipstick if you want something there, but not as bold.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Fancee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My review is bitter sweet because I do really like these glosses. They're thick and slightly sticky which is something I love. They last fairly long, for a gloss. However, I hate the applicator. It's just a pain, and slightly embarrassing, to have to click the product out, and than proceed to paint my lips in public. The worst part about these, though, is the price. I understand it's more common to buy them on sale, or in little sets (that's how I buy mine. I just bought 3 for $15 at Ulta), but let's look at what Stila is charging for one full sized product... $22 for .08 oz. Just to put it into perspective, MAC charges $15 for their basic tinted lipglass of .17 oz. And, Revlon charges around $8 for .2 oz. of their gloss. Even getting into the same price range as Stila (though, I don't consider what they offer to be high end) NARS charges $25 for .28 oz.
It's borderline insulting that they charge as much as they do. If they changed the packaging to a doe foot, and either dropped the price, or gave us $22 worth of product, than this would be my favorite line. They offer a few shades that I love. But, it's lip gloss and I can find similar shades elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have a ton of these lip glazes, and keep buying more! They're not the best lip gloss I've ever used, a bit thick and sticky. But they stay on for quite awhile compared to other glosses and have a shade selection that can't be matched! Ulta often has the .05 size tubes for only around $8, which is what a drug store gloss would cost anyway. Some of them have great nearly opaque color pay off, some are more sheer and great for layering over lipsticks to give them a glossy finish or a bit of shimmer. So while Lip Glazes aren't the best glosses ever, I will continue to buy them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I've tried several Stila lip glazes over the years, and unfortunately I still can't sell myself on it. The main problem I have with this glaze is the texture. It's heavy, sticky and not very moisturizing.

On the positive side, if you don't mind the texture or don't find it as annoying as I do, there's a wide selection of colors and finishes, from sheer to (fairly) opaque, from shimmer to clean. The applicator does make for an easy, even application.

This product is not poor quality at all. It just doesn't work for me.