July 24, 2014 | 994 users online

Fragrances - Jessica Simpson - Fancy Love

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sillage

A soft dreamy peaches-and-cream fragrance. I'm wearing it now, and it's *very* nice, feminine, sweet, innocent, and delicious. Vanilla, soft and smooth -- with soft florals and a peach note. Not as blatantly foody as CSP Vanille Abricot, but of the same ilk. A bit on the order of BS Fantasy as well.

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Bergamot, Champagne, Goji leaf, Peach blossom
Heart Notes: Frangipani, Jasmine, Lotus, Peony, Rose
Base Notes: Amber, Woods, Musk, Patchouli

I own JS Fancy (caramelly vanilla), Fancy Love (peachy floral vanilla), and Fancy Nights (ambery & woody, much like Prada). All are wonderful, and it's hard to pick a favorite, but I think it would have to be Fancy Love.

I used to own JS I Fancy You, which was clean & fresh and a bit too sharp for me -- sort of smelled like Pleasures or Romance -- and I gave it away. I also have her JS Vintage Bloom -- her last fragrance -- which is a sweet light fruity floral, on the order of MJ Dot -- and I do like that one, much moreso than I Fancy You. .

A packaging lippie off of Fancy Love due to the opaque white bottle, since I always want to be able to see how much I have left.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by TrueSugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance!!! It is so soft smelling and not too sweet!! I feel very feminine when I where thisI always get compliments on it to!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

I bought this "blind" from Amazon. I just received it and I'm pleasantly surprised. What a nice delicate vanilla scent. I sort of smell peaches or apricots or whatever is supposed to be in it, but barely. I don't think it smells like any Burberry product. This is simply a vanilla scent that has a sweetness to it but without it smelling like food. I don't want to go around smelling like a cupcake so this suits me just fine. It's very long lasting one me. BTW, the lotion smells good all by itself.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Playmate143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first came across this perfume back in 2009 when I was shopping in Burlington Coat Factory, the first time I smelled it I immediately fell in love and had to have it. A few weeks later I began to get severe migraines and started to wonder why because it was all of a sudden, well I learned very quickly that this perfume was the reason for my migraines. I tested it a few more times, as I really enjoyed the perfume, I'm horrible at describing scents of perfumes so I'm not even going to try but it was long lasting and smelled divine, but it just wasn't worth the migraines(people who get migraines know what I mean, there no joke) so I ended up swapping it, none the less I enjoyed the smell but if I smell it on someone, a migraine is sure to sneak up on me. Too bad, oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loooooove this fragrance. goes well with my body chemistry, always getting compliments everytime i wear it. the smell is 'office friendly' and not offensive or strong. lovely everyday scent. i got mine at target online for 18.99 for a 3.4 oz. BAM!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by schristi2800

One of my favorite scents! It is impossible to hate this perfume. It smells really light, and beautiful! I received many compliments.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

Wow, this scent is truly amazing however being a person that I am, I am not able to explain scents and this is one of those times. This is a musky vanilla sugary smell with a hint of peach and something else. Overall is just an amazing scent and very unique. I took a lippie off due to its staying power that is lacking, however I went out and bought a second bottle :) is just that good!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a mix of fake fruit and plastic. Smells like those cheap animal-shaped pencil erasers from China.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Soie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was looking for the creamy peach scent this is so often described as having. Well, it's there...sort of. Mostly, what I is get a bright, ambery - musky fragrance with hints of peach, a sour note similar apple cider (I'm guessing it's the champagne note that's supposed to be in Fancy Love) and lots of clean / breezy florals all being underpinned by sandalwood and quite a bit of patchouli. The sweet peach blossom and clean florals together with the creamy white amber is very lovely; if only the Nose who created it had left this part as the basic scent it would be a favorite scent for me....

That said, what puts me off about this fragrance is its aroma similar to that of iodine mixed together with band aids. I'm thinking it's probably a combination of the sour champagne note mixed with warm notes of amber and slightly camphorous patchouli. After a few minutes of wearing this fragrance, that iodine and band aid smell is all I'm picking up, which pretty much makes this one a no-go for me despite how much I enjoyed its beautiful floral opening notes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I don't know why some people say Fancy Love smells like Burberry. I cannot stomach any of the Burberry line perfumes. They all give me a head ache. I didn't get a head ache from this perfume at all. Of all of Jessica Simpson's fragrances, I love this one the most. Fancy Love is sweet, milky ,gentle ,whipped cream rich ,warm ,non cloying, soft like you're on a puffy cloud. There are no rough edges. It is not a sweet tooth gourmand, but it is as close to a hybrid between warm rich comforting sweet milk candy and floral. I find this fragrant very unique. On me it lasts all day. I only use one spray on my sleeves. The endurance is amazing. Although this is a cute fluffy sweet youthful fragrant, there is something that opens my senses to detect a more refined sophistication with Fancy Love without being obnoxious, desperate , or pure head ache in a bottle like many Burberry perfumes. It can be either a day time fragrant or evening . I wore this fragrant in the 90 + degree heat and no head ache at all.