Sexy Hair Concepts Volumizing Dry Shampoo

3.1

Isobutane, SD Alcohol 40-B, Propane, Zeolite, PPG-12-Buteth-16, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Sunflower Extract, Glycerin, Tetrahexyldecyl, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Trideceth-12, Polyquaternium-59, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, BHT, Triclosan, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Lilial, Linalool

on 8/6/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Smells like Bubble-Yum watermelon gum. It does do a good job to remove oil and odor, but as a lot of other reviewers mentioned, it leaves this hairspray residue on your hair. Your hair doesn't feel like hair anymore. It feels coated. Not ideal and the odor it contains can be rather annoying after awhile. There are a lot better dry shampoos out there for cheaper that work much better. Wasn't impressed at all.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I'm sad to say but I'm super disappointed with this dry shampoo.
It will make your hair look less greasy, give it volume and texture but if you're using this to put off washing your hair then I have bad news for you. It comes out like a sticky, thick hairspray and on the plus side it's clear. Whatever shape/part/form your hair is in when you spray it on is the way your hair will stay.
I've tried spraying it and leaving it, spraying it and spreading it, spraying it and brushing it, but it basically stayed where it had been sprayed giving that area volume (and horrible texture) and leaving the rest of my hair limp and lifeless. Brushing my hair afterwards was a struggle and I could hear my brush struggling against the texture and struggling to style it. So basically I had to wash my hair by the end of the day anyway.

To me it's really more of a mattefying hair spray. Even though I bought mine with a huge discount I'm still holding on it because of the price. At least it looks pretty in the bathroom!

on 9/6/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ladies, if you want volume look elsewhere! I have tried many other brands like Pantene that don't even claim to give any body that do a much better job than this. Other than that, this stuff comes out clear and tacky like hairspray but if you spray it anywhere you're oily and let it sit and dry for a few minutes before brushing that will go away (which is a must to let any dry shampoo do it's job). I reserve this only for super, super and I mean HORRIBLE greasy hair days. If you plan on making this your daily dry shampoo eventually you will be left with such a build up that makes brushing any other style than left down, especially up does, a nightmare. The build up is exactly like hairspray & holds the hair together so a paddle brush is a must if you're willing to work with it & actually like this formula. I will keep this around & probably repurchase so I know I'm good to go if I'm ever just having a horrible hair day (I don't wash my hair every day, more like every four days) but I still need to play around in the department for a staple daily dry shampoo.

I actually like this stuff, the bad reviews don't surprise me though. It does take a lot of getting used to. What I actually like about this product is that it adds texture to my hair, which the other girls don't like. I don't find it hard to work with once its in my hair at all, you just have to only use it near your roots. I have fine hair, spray it at my roots in sections and carefully comb it out. It adds volume to my limp hair, as well as texture so i can play with it how I like, as well as remove the oil. Typically I use this stuff the day after I wash my hair, right before it gets really oily and I can extend my wash another few days!

on 4/18/2014 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so this will make your hair look less greasy. The trade-off is that it feels exactly like spraying a ton of hairspray into your hair (this product is almost exactly like hairspray). This is annoying in itself, but the worst part is that you have to brush the product out after two minutes according to the packaging. Since your hair is stiff, sticky, and matted together, your hair breaks off if you try to brush it out. I lost a ton of hair this way. It's also expensive and contains very little product for the money.

on 3/4/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the worst dry shampoo I have ever purchase. It left my hair stiff and couldn't even get my fingers through. Will never purchase again

on 2/5/2014 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best dry shampoo I've used so far. I keep trying to find cheaper alternatives (tresemme, herbal essences, and not your mothers), but this has def been the best. It gives my hair lots of volume and texture. It's best to spray it in your hair before going to bed, and then in the morning do another spritz and comb it through. I hate sleek hair. I love the "just had sex, voluminous" look. It's freakin' expensive, but I guess it's worth it since it's performed the best out of all the other ones I've tried.

on 12/31/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this dry shampoo! I can honestly say, though, that I'm not surprised by the many negative reviews. This stuff takes some getting used to. My hair is long, thick, wavy with very dry ends and greasy roots. It's also so long and heavy that it can look quite flat at the roots. This dry shampoo makes my hair look amazing! It really does soak up oil and doesn't leave a nasty white residue (I'm looking at you Psssttt, Batiste, Tresseme, Dove, Suave, etc.) It does, however, leave a slightly gritty residue I can feel. But at least I can't see it! I try not to touch my styled hair too often, which just makes the greasies worse, so the grittiness doesn't bother me. I don't recommend spraying this throughout your hair, that will just make your whole head feel dry and rough. Just a couple quick bursts right at the roots will do the job. Not only does it soak up oil, it volumizes my roots like crazy and gives hair amazing grip for updos. It is pretty pricey though, $18 for a 3.4 oz can. But it does seem to last a long time. I use it almost daily and go through 1 can every 2 months All in all, this is a HG product for me. I always have at least one back up can in my bathroom!

on 10/1/2013 12:39:00 AM

This is literally the WORST dry shampoo I have ever used (and I've tried several different brands). My scalp gets pretty greasy if I don't wash my hair every other day, but since I color it, I try to wash it every 2-3 days. Yes, this product gets rid of the oiliness, but it makes my hair feel like straw. It feels like I put a ton of hairspray in my hair- you can't run your fingers through your hair at all. I think I paid $18 for this, which is a total ripoff... I wish I could return it. If you do use this product I would suggest staying very near the scalp (don't go anywhere near the ends); otherwise, don't waste your money.

I have been using a lot of dry shampoos lately. Tresemme has the absolute worst dry shampoo closely followed by this.
It leaves a filmy residue you can't brush out and doesn't absorb much oil.
Suave dry shampoo runs circles around this in all arenas for a fraction of the cost.

Top Rated Sexy Hair Concepts Products