September 24, 2014 | 1543 users online

Dry Shampoo - Sexy Hair Concepts - Volumizing Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ladies, if you want volume look elsewhere! I have tried many other brands like Pantene that don't even claim to give any body that do a much better job than this. Other than that, this stuff comes out clear and tacky like hairspray but if you spray it anywhere you're oily and let it sit and dry for a few minutes before brushing that will go away (which is a must to let any dry shampoo do it's job). I reserve this only for super, super and I mean HORRIBLE greasy hair days. If you plan on making this your daily dry shampoo eventually you will be left with such a build up that makes brushing any other style than left down, especially up does, a nightmare. The build up is exactly like hairspray & holds the hair together so a paddle brush is a must if you're willing to work with it & actually like this formula. I will keep this around & probably repurchase so I know I'm good to go if I'm ever just having a horrible hair day (I don't wash my hair every day, more like every four days) but I still need to play around in the department for a staple daily dry shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by junkyardromance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually like this stuff, the bad reviews don't surprise me though. It does take a lot of getting used to. What I actually like about this product is that it adds texture to my hair, which the other girls don't like. I don't find it hard to work with once its in my hair at all, you just have to only use it near your roots. I have fine hair, spray it at my roots in sections and carefully comb it out. It adds volume to my limp hair, as well as texture so i can play with it how I like, as well as remove the oil. Typically I use this stuff the day after I wash my hair, right before it gets really oily and I can extend my wash another few days!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by MarilynLeigh

Okay, so this will make your hair look less greasy. The trade-off is that it feels exactly like spraying a ton of hairspray into your hair (this product is almost exactly like hairspray). This is annoying in itself, but the worst part is that you have to brush the product out after two minutes according to the packaging. Since your hair is stiff, sticky, and matted together, your hair breaks off if you try to brush it out. I lost a ton of hair this way. It's also expensive and contains very little product for the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by lovelybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst dry shampoo I have ever purchase. It left my hair stiff and couldn't even get my fingers through. Will never purchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by NTran06

This is the best dry shampoo I've used so far. I keep trying to find cheaper alternatives (tresemme, herbal essences, and not your mothers), but this has def been the best. It gives my hair lots of volume and texture. It's best to spray it in your hair before going to bed, and then in the morning do another spritz and comb it through. I hate sleek hair. I love the "just had sex, voluminous" look. It's freakin' expensive, but I guess it's worth it since it's performed the best out of all the other ones I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this dry shampoo! I can honestly say, though, that I'm not surprised by the many negative reviews. This stuff takes some getting used to. My hair is long, thick, wavy with very dry ends and greasy roots. It's also so long and heavy that it can look quite flat at the roots. This dry shampoo makes my hair look amazing! It really does soak up oil and doesn't leave a nasty white residue (I'm looking at you Psssttt, Batiste, Tresseme, Dove, Suave, etc.) It does, however, leave a slightly gritty residue I can feel. But at least I can't see it! I try not to touch my styled hair too often, which just makes the greasies worse, so the grittiness doesn't bother me. I don't recommend spraying this throughout your hair, that will just make your whole head feel dry and rough. Just a couple quick bursts right at the roots will do the job. Not only does it soak up oil, it volumizes my roots like crazy and gives hair amazing grip for updos. It is pretty pricey though, $18 for a 3.4 oz can. But it does seem to last a long time. I use it almost daily and go through 1 can every 2 months All in all, this is a HG product for me. I always have at least one back up can in my bathroom!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by moonlight0401

This is literally the WORST dry shampoo I have ever used (and I've tried several different brands). My scalp gets pretty greasy if I don't wash my hair every other day, but since I color it, I try to wash it every 2-3 days. Yes, this product gets rid of the oiliness, but it makes my hair feel like straw. It feels like I put a ton of hairspray in my hair- you can't run your fingers through your hair at all. I think I paid $18 for this, which is a total ripoff... I wish I could return it. If you do use this product I would suggest staying very near the scalp (don't go anywhere near the ends); otherwise, don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I have been using a lot of dry shampoos lately. Tresemme has the absolute worst dry shampoo closely followed by this.
It leaves a filmy residue you can't brush out and doesn't absorb much oil.
Suave dry shampoo runs circles around this in all arenas for a fraction of the cost.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I made the mistake of picking this up when I couldn't find my usual choice of dry shampoo (Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo). This is the worst dry shampoo I've every tried. Apart from the cute-as-ever BigSexyHair packaging, there's nothing at all I like about this product. Not only did it not really do much to make my hair look less oily and didn't do much on its own to volumize it, it made my hair feel dirtier after using it. It feels more like an strong hold hair spray on my hair (I had to check the bottle to make sure that I hadn't in fact bought hair spray by accident) than a dry shampoo. It's sticky and trying to brush it out is awful as after using it I had to fight to get a brush or comb through it. I was not at all pleased.

I'm guessing this product is meant to be used more for styling than as a dry shampoo. I can see it being used to give texture to hair and to hold in teasing, but as an ordinary dry shampoo it's useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Miisssyy

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this and it is the only dry shampoo that I LOVE. I have long hair and i try only to wash it twice a week and this dry shampoo is what makes my hair look great on the days that I need a pick me up with out washing all my hair. Yes, it does make your hair feel "dirty" but I like that. I spray just a tad on my roots and where I see my hair is greasy, let it sit for about a min and then rub my hands in a back and forth motion to make sure it picked up all the oils from my hair. I would say you only need a little bit of it.. the more your spray the more you hair will have that dirty textured feeling to it, you just need a little bit and shake it up before you spray. Also, it gives volume at the roots which i love.. sometimes i'll go in a tease to add more volume.
If you don't like the dirty feel then this isn't for you. I don't even notice it because i don't run my fingers through my hair at the top of my head.. normally I just let it be and the rest of my hair still feels great... it saves me tons of time and my hair is healthier from not washing it everyday and using curling irons or flat irons all the time.
I used this after my half - marathon when I didnt have time to wash my hair in the shower and my hair still looked awesome.. no one would have ever guessed I ran 13 miles.. this product has saved my life countless times!