August 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Blush - By Terry - Blush Veloute

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an utterly gorgeous blush (and it should be for the price). I have it in Apple Glow, which is a gorgeous matte (but definitely not flat) cool-to-neutral pink. It applies like silk and gives an incredibly natural rosy glow, or just a hint of color if that's what you're after. It comes in a screw-top pot which is a little small (about 1/4 times bigger than a quarter)--I'd prefer it to be a bit bigger to avoid sticking one of my nails in it, but it's pretty and functional. It has that gawdawful By Terry rose scent which so puts me off her products, but since it's going on my cheeks and not under my nose I can deal with it. Beautiful product and shade, even for the price. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

You can trust By Terry to always deliver the classiest, chicest colors - both Apple and Nude are basically the only colors you need if you are fair/medium skinned and like to have a polished look - no shimmers, no flashiness..just perfect polished smooth creamy blush that sets perfectly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by reneeg323

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought Apple Glow sight unseen after reading reviews online so I was a little skeptical since I am fair skinned. But, I love this blush. It comes in a tiny pot, which makes it great for traveling. It is smooth as silk and blends like a dream. I use my fingers to blend along my cheekbones and I can easily blend away any mistakes. The color is very natural looking so I don't look like Raggedy Ann and it is long lasting. Like all By Terry products, it never irritates my skin and I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by weefi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I read on Millie mackintosh blog that she recommended these. I adore her make up so decided to get as a birthday present. I got both apple glow and ginger glaze. These feel very luxurious and blend immaculately. Only criticism I have with any cream blush is that it does need a top up in the afternoon. Beautiful finish and looks like a glow from within.
Stunning product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by gcpecor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a cream blush that wasn't thick and hard to move into place. I didnt want " bumps" either. Some products are like Vaseline with color. By Terry was recommended to me by my esthetician in her boutique. I was hesitant when she mentioned "by Terry". That means "big bucks" in my ears! She applied it to my hand to experience the consistancy. I liked it. Still a skeptic, I asked her to apply it to my checks. I never do this, but I wanted to give her a reason to say no thank you. I loved it. Apple Glow is the color. I bought it. No doubt in my mind. It reminds me of a discontined blush called Pomette made by Lancome years ago. It was my all time favorite, as with much of the Lancome line still is. And by Terry adds extra good for your skin ingrdients. Something to consider when you rationalize the price. And best of all NO BUMPS!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by plrg

I have this in Apple Glow as well. It's a rosey color with mauve undertones and I think it would suit a large range of skin shades, from light to dark. Unlike tons and tons of cream blushes that I have tried, this one is incredibly soft and blends incredibly well. It doesn't have that silicone-y slippery texture to it that makes it hard to rub onto your cheek. Using your fingertips, this applies really easily - just like velvet. It's a great everyday blush with good staying power, and since it is matte, it imparts a very natural blush to the face. The packaging is also great because it's incredibly small and compact - if you're on the run, you can just throw it into your bag and apply it in the car!

Edit: This blush does have a rose scent to it. I don't like heavily fragranced products, but the scent is tolerable to me and it wears off very quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in apple glow and I love it, its the best blush i have ever tried. Its easy to use and the colour gives a very natural healthy flush to my cheeks giving an instant healthy glow. Just fantastic!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by miumew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Apple Glow, a sort of reddish colour which blends into the skin for a really natural flush. Even though I have pink in my skin, this blush does not emphasize the pinkness, just brings my skin more to life. It has quite a solid texture, it's not creamy like Becca & not sticky like MAC...it's almost powdery so I find it has a good lasting power and works with your skin.

It comes in a silver, screw cap pot like the eyeshadows. If you find it's a little dry after not using it a while, just swirl your finger tip on top to warm it up and it should be fine.

I would repurchase and plan to get Ginger Glaze.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by syasya83

I bought this blush coz the sales person recommended me to try cream blush. I tried nars and bobbi brown but it gives me rashes and itch when i test them on my hand. I have very sensitive skin so i test this one on my hand and had no reaction ever since. I bought this and apply on my cheeks it looks so natural with very nice rose frangrance that makes me feel million dollar lady hahah. I have in shade 1 apple glow. Still have lots of it eventhough i use it for 7 months already. SO happy to find a perfect blush that is matte and natural looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I went to Holt & see what the rave about this line is all about. The first visit was disappointing, I had to phone first & return for the second time. Initially I had the Rose de Rose blush in mind, but the SA was not too keen in selling it to me and she was right. It was way too shiny, much like the Maybelline mousse blush. I then turn to the Blush Veloute, it is a cream formula in a 0.1 oz twist top pot. My selection was #3 Apple Glow, on my NC35 (summer) skin, it looks very naturally (pinky-peachy), and can be layered without looking clownish.
I remember it was a little under Cad$50, the price is too crazy as a lot of cream blush can substitute this product. I just need to satisfy my shopping yearn.