April 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Sheer Temptation Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by a_la_gamine

I got six of these in a lot on eBay for $3.95. The shades I got were Flirt, Foxy, Desire, Heat, Naughty, and Femme Fatale. Of these, so far my favourites are Flirt, which is a dusky rose, and Desire, a rich burgundy. They go on sheer enough so that I can comfortably wear any of these shades out without looking clownishly made up, but dark enough that you can tell still tell I'm wearing some sort of lip colour, but natural enough that you wouldn't notice it right away. My biggest complaint is the packaging -- they are packaged in cheap-looking, pink and silver plastic that does not twist smoothly at all. But, for the price, I can hardly expect gold trim, can I?

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2004 8:11:00 AM More reviews by sha110w

My shade is Naughty (Hi Ever!)... it's a perfect, soft pink for my lips and watermelon scent is a bonus. I've never repurchased any lippy but this, I would definitely!

*UPDATE*: Nice colour but it dries out my lips. A sign of synthetic quality. I haven't repurchased and never will.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2004 6:31:00 PM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Picked one of these up a few days ago and I'm luvin' in! I wanted something that would give me a sheer glossy look, similar to the Clinique Almost Lipsticks. But I wasn't really in the mood to cough up almost 20$ for one so I thought I'd try one of these as they were onsale at my local drugstore for 5$. I am very impressed! The formula glides on smoothly and gives me the exact sheer shiny look I was hoping for! :) Plus I found that they lasted much better than some other low-end sheer lippies that I've tried. I'm not crazy about the glittery pink tube or the phony watermelon scent. It kinda makes me feel like I'm using a product designed for kids! :(
But that won't stop me from buying again. These are fab everyday lippies-thanks Rimmel! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2004 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Ever

I got this in NAUGHTY, it's the best shade ever! A pinky orange in the tube that goes on quite sheer with a hint of colour that brightens up your lips. Love the watermelon scent!
Will buy over and over and over...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Sashayy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I figured that since I liked the longer wearing Lasting Finish lipsticks from Rimmel, I'd like these too.

Well, while the colour I bought, Naughty, is a simply gorgeous sheer warm duochrome pale pink with blue/violet flashes, (think MAC's Skew but more sheer), the taste here is not of orange creamsicle like the Lasting Finish but rather instead of watermelon - a huge turnoff for me (I hate melons generally and watermelons in particular!). It also gives that chemically tang to the back of your throat like a lot of drugstore lipsticks.

On the plus side, these are more moisturizing than MAC's Lustre format and they wear a bit longer too. The colour choices are pretty good and they aren't all shimmery or frosty like many low-end lipsticks, so they're quite wearable for the over 35 crowd or to conservative offices. The packaging is so-so baby pink with a tight silver ring around the centre, a bit cheesy IMO and not as nice as the packaging on their Lasting Finish lipsticks. The lid does stay on in your purse though.

Overall, a decent product for the $6CDN price tag but despite the pros and the colour choices, I probably wouldn't buy it again because of the smell/taste/bad lingering throat tang. I'll stick to Rimmel's Lasting Finish lippies instead. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2004 12:21:00 AM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got two of these (goddess and naked) upon a rec from a great MUAer and I love it! It's so pretty, natural and sheer. Moisturizers and looks good! Smells like cucumber melon! I think I have to get more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2004 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a lipstick emergency and had no choice but to get a lipstick from a drugstore. I quickly picked up Rimmel's Sheer Temptation in Goddess, a fleshy-browny pink with a very slight hint of mauve in it.

I was not expecting much but found the lipstick very creamy and moisturizing while depositing rich shiny color onto my lips. The finish looked a bit glossy without the help of LipGlass. The shade lasted for hours on my lips, even without lipliner! How about that!!!

When I finally did need a minor touch up much later, I simply swiped my finger across the top of the lipstick and patted it on my lips. It was so easy. I like this so much better than MAC's Hug Me lipstick which goes for three times the price.

The lipstick itself smells like watermelon candy but you can easily get over it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2004 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Alegrias

This sheer lipstick is really sheer and not sparkly.. It basically pumps up my natural lip colour without making it look like I have flesh coloured lipstick. The smell is not the greatest, but it's not nauseating either. It's supposed to be glossy, but I found it turned out pretty dull on me, so I wear it with some Lancome JT on top which gives it a great glossy finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

(Updated 03/06/04)I have this in Temptress, Untamed, and Entice. Untamed looks yucky on me because it's warm and I'm cool. Temptress, however, is a nice berry shade which can vary between MLBB-mauve and intense pink-berry, depending on heaviness of application. Entice is also MLBB, in a lighter pink shade, and very very sheer. The scent has been described as watermelon, but I smell sweet cucumber, which I like. I don't notice much taste. This lipstick is smooth and moisturizing at first, but can dry out the lips a little over time; it's not waxy, and it feels lighter than a balm. Has above-average shine and average staying power. The tube will NOT come open in a purse or pocket, like some brands' tubes will. It's a cheap-looking and cheap-feeling tube, in light pink & silver plastic. Also average amount of product in tube. The sheerness and shine of this lipstick is excellent, better than any other drugstore brand. This is definately a lipstick that's an almost-Holy-Grail for me. Less than $4 a pop at Wal-Mart.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2004 8:29:00 PM More reviews by snotlet

I own 2 of these lipsticks - Bright Spark and Take a Shine. These 2 have very heavy glitter on them but I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! I love them over Lancome's Juicy Rouge. They are the best low end sheer lipstick around. This is the first l/s that doesn't feather on me. I've tried so many high end sheer l/s and none of them even comes close to this. These lippies are very high in shine, they're cheap, natural looking and you don't even need to reapply after 30 min. And they feel so comfortable too. They have that cheap raspberry scent/taste which I hate. If you love sheer l/s like me, you must try these lippies and if you're in for a bit of 'high shimmer' (glitter), then try the sheer ones with the glitter. This is definately one of the best discovery I've made in sheer l/s.