TheBalm BalmShelter SPF 17 Tinted Gloss - Pin-Up Girl

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Avobenzone (3.0%). Other Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Polybutene, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Esters, Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Flavors. May Contain: Iron Oxides CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499, Red 6 Lake CI 15850:2, Red 7 Lake CI 15850:1, Titanium Dioxide CI 7789, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Mica CI 77019, Red 27 Lake CI 45410, Carmine CI 75470.

This is pretty close to my ideal lip gloss. Very natural and glossy, medium neutral red color. Not too dark, but definitely noticeable. Think Dr. Pepper lipsmacker but a bit more color and more shine. Feels light, no stickiness. Wears about as well as a lighter consistency lipgloss can be expected to wear. If it lasted just a little longer, it would be perfect. Fades very evenly, no weird lip lines or patches. Tried another shade in the same product but wasn't as thrilled. This one is where it's at for me.

on 3/22/2011 2:32:00 PM

This is my favorite lip gloss, but since I used up (entirely!) Dream Girl I'd been hesitant to repurchase because of the cost. Well, I caved on this and I'm glad I did. It has all the qualities I remember about the gloss - not sticky, lovely strawberry-banana smell, moisturizing, spf - but Pin-up Girl is a lovely berry red that doesn't come on too strong, since it's a sheer gloss. It's like my lip color but a shade darker. Just the color I have been looking for.

on 8/26/2009 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I can't say how much I'm in love with basically everything by "The Balm". I started buying shyly - only one gloss and one eyeshadow and ever since my collection has been rapidly growing. I got this gloss because I wanted something sheer - more like a lip stain rather - and this delivers perfectly. Pin-up Girl is a beautiful, berry red gloss with a delicious strawberry/banana-scent that brings out your natural lip colour in the prettiest way. It doesn't leave an awful lot of colour (if you're looking for bright red lips, this is not for you), just that kind of flushed look like after you were kissed rather passionately. It's not sticky, but feels more like a balm once applied and leaves the lips not just looking pretty but also wonderfully moisturized. Hence it deserves its name "The Shelter". Great product, will totally repurchase (and get some others as well ;)).

on 8/3/2009 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

If you like non-sticky glosses, this one is for you: a deep cherry red, strawberry taste and zero stickyness. It comes in a slim, rather longish container but the cap closes firmly (like Dior glosses, with a little snap) so you can be sure it's not leaking a single bit. It also colours your lips well so just a few taps of it is enough to keep your lips looking great and moisturised.

Recommended for Medium Skin