September 16, 2014 | 1956 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Indian Summer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love using this duo for a natural, work-friendly day look or paired with a red lip for a night out. It suits my blue eyes beautifully. The shadows are easy to blend and have good pigmentation. I have used the champagne shade in the inner corner and on the lower lash line with other shadows and it looks fantastic. This is one of my favorite duos.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by kellieliza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would be tempted to buy this again. Both shades are interesting and I've not found dupes for them. The cold grey/champagne shimmer is a lovely color but somehow makes my lids appear dry and almost feels scratchy. If it were the same buttery formulation as LMdB I would LOVE it. The other, mustard shade is better quality, reminding me of the texture of Portobello. Again, gorgeous, sophisticated color. I like to wear it was Mac's ornamental lipglass for a rich, wintry look.

In summary, this could be a great duo, but it's just good due to slightly iffy quality. LMdB has spoiled me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by faciem2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the matte mustard seed color much better on my skin. It looks very pretty in photos when you shade the crease.

The color itself is rather light (have to pile it on to get good color) and I was wondering if anyone knew of another mustard-shade eyeshadow that is more pigmented?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

NARS Indian Summer, I really like this shadows it is shimmer and matte both are in the sand tone family so it is great for many skin tone. Especially perfect for light skin, but I have just this on darker skin tone, such as if one’s skin tone is NC40-NC45, it looks great, but a little too light; I will use a darker tone such as coconut grove. It would’ve been nicer if the color is combining. But getting back, just on the shadows itself, it is great to have, I like the color payoff and the shades are easy to work with, great for work, or school girls because it is not too busy on the eyes, or tacky.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by orangetammy

I would never be interested in this duo if i didn't saw it featured in a Japanese magazine.

This duo has interesting effect on my skintone. I'm NC20-ish , Asian with olive undertone and the mustard shade surprisingly looks very natural on my eyes and make them look more deep-set in a really subtle way.. It's very good for natural look. The shimmery champagne side is simply lovely.. it is shimmery but not glittery and gives a very eye brightening effect and makes me look glowy and awake. so pretty. This duo is great for brown eyes.

The way I wear it - mustard shade all over the lid concentrate on outer corner, shimmery champagne shade from the 2/3rd of my lid up to my inner corner, and high light the inner corner up to the 1/2 of my lower eye lid.. I wear it with a brown eyeliner pencil and voila a natural beautiful glowy look for summer, but I think it'd work all year around too. Also, just mixing the two color alone and layer it on your lid gives a simple shimmery golden eye look... love it !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic duo for my coloring. I am NC15 with freckles, dark red hair and brown eye. The golden mustardy hues in this palette bring out the gold flecks in my eyes and really compliment my overall coloring. I know some reviewers have stated that it doesn't seem to be a good palette for medium skin tones but on me it is fantastic. I will definitely be keeping this in my eyeshadow wardrobe.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For my tan skin this was nothing special. At sephora the colors looked more unique, the champagne color looked more like a khaki grey color (that is why I bought it). However when I got home it was like the million other champagne type colors I own. The mustard color is pretty but it does really do anything for me. This one will be going back. I did not even find the textures that special, they were sheer and chalky (I tried it over my Laura Mercier base). Standard neutrals, if you are lighter/fair skinned, this is a very nice duo. But I don't rec this for medium tan skin tones at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Perfect yellow/mustard color for the eyes - especially my dark brown ones! This is a duo with one light shimmery color for highlight ( although I use it on my lids, too.) Nars has great color combos and this one is no exception. Had been looking for a great yellow and this is well worth it. I use a soft brown in the crease and sometimes line my eyes with blue with this. Really makes them pop Highly recommend this!

After several months I STILL love this eyeshadow and have been using the lighter color on the inner lid, the mustard color over the rest of the lid and Vex in the crease. Looks great with black eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by pricep2399

Wow. What a pretty duo. I have green eyes with lots of gold in them and this really brings the gold out. I don't use it all by itself, but combine it with NARS blondie (medium warm brown) in the outer v. Lovely warm neutral eye. Also goes well with Bobbi Brown camel - a hard color for me to wear as it is SO pigmented and orangey-yellow-brown - but it really makes this duo pop. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by helaina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I thought the mustard seed brown color was unique. The other shade in the duo looked silver to me, and I thought it would clash with the warm toned mustard seed. I applied the "silver" anyway and was very pleasantly surprised to see that it is actually a warm toned silver. You know how true silver spoons tarnish slightly and get a slightly warm toned hue? That's what this color looks like. It is very sheer and very subtle. I have medium brown eyes and pale skin. This silver color looks better on my eyes than Stila Wheat, Puppy, or any shimmery champagne eyeshadow. This is a sheer sophisticated shimmer. It's more adult and better for daytime. I hope NARS starts selling this silver color on it's own so I can get it cheaper than a duo. This is really a staple color. Oh, the mustard seed is nice too. It's unique because it doesn't turn reddish the way many brown eyeshadows do. But seriously, the warm toned silver makes the duo.