August 21, 2014 | 1214 users online

Loose Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Matterial girl

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an okay setting powder, just okay. Doesn't really seem to be matte at all and gives zero oil control. For the price it's definitely not worth it. I'm positive there are better setting powders out there so I will not be repurchasing.

The powder itself is so fine that most of it ends up in the air and the puff that comes with it ends up applying way too much powder and that's how the Casper look comes about. I would recommend either too faced's primed and poreless powder(which can be used as a primer too) or MUFE's finishing powder :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I tested this on a hot summer day at the BeneFit store, and it seemed to work ok, so I decided to give it a try. As evident in the previous reviewer's posting of the ingredients, the primary ingredient is a corn starch powder, which, while cheap, is fairly effective at soaking up excess oil.

I have an incredibly oily t-zone, and when I use this on top of my foundation, it lessens my blotting frequency by 1X a day. (ie. if I usually blot 2X, then I only have to blot 1X.) I use the enclosed sponge to stipple the powder on, and find it is the best way to get even coverage without getting the powder everywhere. Since the powder is quite soft and fine, it has a tendency to go all over the place when a brush is used.

There is no odor or scent that I notice to this powder. Additionally, the yellow-beige color applies translucent, so I think this could work for darker/tan skintones without being ashy.

Overall, a good powder to set foundation with. It's not a HG, and I do think it's a bit overpriced for the ingredients ($26USD), but I am satisfied with the performance, and would probably repurchase it if I ran out. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually haven't tried this product..bt I wouldn't because of the ingredients. I thought I would post them for anyone who is curious. Hope that helps.

zea maize (corn) starch, yellow 5 lake, sodium dehydro-acetate, squalane, iron oxides, ascorbyl, palmitate, BHT, ultramarines, iron oxides, aluminum hydrate, talc, mica, titanium dioxide, magnesium myristate, dimethicone, nylon-12, polyethylene, silica, polymethyl methacrylate, phenoxyethanol, phenyl trimethicindroxide, red 30 lake, tocopheryl acetate

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by dalittlegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product! it really takes away oil and shine from your face and brightens up skin. the sales said you can mix this in with any other benefit products like that gal, woman seeking toner and even use it with the benefit skincare products and get great results! love it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now available in Asia only as far as I know. This jar has a cute pinky packaging, genius product name, but the oil-control function can be much stronger IMO. Application is difficult, have to use a brush for sanitation purposes.

UPDATE: the SA told me a great way to use this product, dust some of the powders on your hand and mix with That Gal then you can have a brighten up kind of moisturizer - great for days you don't wanna put on makeup and just go out. try it ! it's fun!!