January 31, 2015 | 1155 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 6:18:00 PM More reviews by clairesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

for many years this was the only eyeliner i ever used. it has a very nice creamy formula that lasts several hours without smudging; if you use a primer under it, it won't smudge at all. i really loved the brush that comes with it, because it gives you a nice even line and you can make the line very thin or very thick. this liner is also great because you can use it by itself like any other liner or you can draw it on thick and smudge it out with a sponge/smudger to create a really dramatic smokey eye. the brown and purple shades are both very dark, close to black. you can see the color when you wear it, but it doesn't look juvenile like some colored liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 4:34:00 AM More reviews by SweetCherry12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Very good eyeliner from the drugstore, did not smudge, easy to apply, I like the brush that comes with the eyeliner.
The only reason I would not uy this product again is that it is such an intense black for my pale complections and I prefer brown at this point in my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2015 1:41:00 AM More reviews by TruthSerum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an incredible product! It is my go to liner.

Summary of the product:
This is a gel eyeliner (I have it in black, but it also comes in purple, brown, and blue). It is applied with the eyeliner brush, which is included in the packaging. It has a creamy consistency and dries fairly matte within a few minutes.

Pro's:
The opacity. It is quite black without needing to be layered. However, I have been able to layer it (add second layer before first layer dries completely or it will pill off) to achieve even greater opacity resulting in a blacker, incredibly dark color.
The consistency. It has a wonderful creamy consistency. This gel liner goes on smoothly without pulling on the eyelid. It can be used to create a precise solid, clean line for a winged out, cat eye look or it can be softened for a smoky eye look (simply apply and smudge gently with fingertip before the liner dries).
Comes with a surprisingly high quality brush. The brush has short, somewhat stiff, but still soft bristles. The bristles form a wide edge and a narrower edge so, depending on which edge you use, you can create a think line or a thin line. Also, the bristles do not shed and the brush can easily be washed off to maintain hygiene without compromising the quality. Seriously, this brush is surprisingly well made! I wash it off and keep it after the liner has run out because I like it so much (it can be used for applying any kind of makeup which requires a small, precision brush).
The finish is a somewhat matte look. It is neither shiny nor matte, simply a pleasant, natural look. It looks great when smoked out or done in a clean, precise line.
Once dry, it last forever! This liner has incredible staying power! It has stayed on even through incredibly runny and icky allergy eyes! I've worn it for up to 18 hours straight without having it budge. it does not, however, hold up against super oily lids. I did not take a lippie off of my rating for that, because no liner on the planet can do that. I'm not about to fault this product for not being able to achieve the impossible.
This liner is just about foolproof. It goes on so easily and, if you make a mistake, is super easy to fix before it dries. I'd say, whether you're an expert with eyeliner application, or a beginner, this liner is worth trying.
It is fairly cheap for something of this high quality. I am able to find it at my local Target for $8. Pretty good price for a high quality liner that comes in a well packaged glass pot with secure twist on lid and a high quality brush! I know $8 for drugstore eyeliner is a price others consider to be expensive. However, if you take all the previously mentioned factors into account, I think you'll find that it's still a pretty damn good deal!

Con's: like some others have mentioned, this liner will dry out over time and lose its nice, creamy texture. I haven't had much off an issue with it, because it only happened to me one time (out of the 3 times I have bought this product). Also, someone else suggested filling the pot with water after each use (to create an air tight seal) and simply emptying it out before each use. However, I find merely making a conscious effort to keep the lid on whenever possible is enough to keep it from drying out. Even when using it, I merely dip my brush and place the lid on the pot while applying the liner. That way, since the pot stays open so little of the time, it resists drying out.

Overall, it's a great gel eyeliner! For the price, you're going to find it damn near impossible to find a comparable high quality, long lasting, budge proof liner (especially one in a nice glass pot with a great brush).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2015 10:29:00 PM More reviews by bruan04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product cost me nearly 17 AUD (13.50 US dollars). What a waste :(

This thing smudged all over my eye lids. Although I have very oily skin, my eye lids are not particularly oily. And yet, this product looked like mess after an hour or so.
The brush it comes with is nice, but that's about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2015 9:26:00 AM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I normally used bobbi brown but had to opt for a cheaper option. I have very oily eyelids and even bobbi brown smudges on me by the end of my 9 hour working day. This in comparison is more fluid dries less easily and is smoother to apply so yeah easier to work with, doesnt last as long but i have oily lids so they all smudge regardless. Well i wont buy again as ive had enough of gel eyeliner my lifes too short for it and every woman i see wearing it it just never looks as neat or nice as liquid. Im a perfectionist and as i might need to go out after work and dont wanna spend time in the toilets reapplying because my eyeliner has smudged, back to mac liquidlast for me or stila the felt tip pen (when i need something easier even easier yet as long lasting). This is good not the best but best for the price. Brush is as good as my high end ones. You don't need to spend much on a synthetic brush as it is so cheap for them to make regardless what brand.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2015 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Lumpytacos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this gel eyeliner for months now, and I'm relatively happy with it.

Pros:
-very black
-easy application
-included brush is fairly good

Cons:
-not long wearing on me, I have oily eyelids
-transfers to my undereyes on hot days
-product dries up very quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 4:15:00 AM More reviews by drugstorequeeen

Amazing! I have it in brown and it gives a strong yet natural look

Pros:
- goes on smoothly
- great color and pigmentation
- doesn't smudge

Cons:
- you have to wash the brush often or else it gets stiff

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 9:43:00 AM More reviews by metalhead633

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best liner I've ever used. I do cat eye with it every day. I suggest you ditch the brush for an angled brush or something else that's a little higher end, the one included is a nice courtesy but no match for the texture of this liner in my opinion.

I can nap in the middle of the day and it hasn't smudged. it is more stiff than other gel liners, so if you are having trouble gliding it on, use more product on the brush, you're probably not used to how waxy it is.

I would describe the finish as soft, like a kohl pencil and not shiny or painty like a liquid, but you can achieve the precision of a liquid because you're applying it with a brush.

In love with the brown color. Most others browns are so dark, they may as well be black but this maintains the brown hue.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 3:18:00 AM More reviews by hallimaj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this liner for my tear line and it works perfectly! I've cried with this makeup on and has never had problems with smearing, running or fading. It does dry out a little, but I just take a tooth pick to mix it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this both in blackest black and charcoal. Excellent pigmentation, creamy formula-- horribly smudgy though. It transferred to the top of my eyelid. I quite like the brush though; it's pretty soft.