September 23, 2014 | 898 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Ragdoll87

I love love love this gel eyeliner. I use it everyday and it's not drying up. The brush it comes with is amazing. I love how black the color is. I have oily eyes , so if I don't prime my eyes it smears all over my eyes. But, any and all eyeliners do that. If I do prime. Y eyes, though, it will last over 8 hours! THATS hard to accomplish with my eyes! For the price this product can't be beat, even by some high end eyeliner like Bobbi brown. Give this a try you won't be disappointed

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by sawny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily, ASIAN MONOLID EYES and I love this.
I always wear it over primer and some eyeshadow so I really don't know how it does on its own. But if you don't like wearing eyeshadow you can always put some nude eyeshadow on.
This lasts my entire 8 hour day and more.
I recommend this to any oil lidded gals out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Emrosehorn

Awesome liner - colour goes on really pigmented and lasts for a long time, the brush that comes with the gel is also quite good

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Boricua333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is a lot of hype for this product, so I'm really disappointed that it just didn't work out for me. I've had this product for about 7 months because I like to wait a while until I post a review, so that it's fair and well-rounded. Maybe I just got a very dry batch, because I didn't have the same experience as a lot of the other reviewers.

Longevity:
I think one of the things that I like about this liner is that it has great staying power. I have very oily skin and it didn't budge. I've done cat eyes with this as well and it would smudge a little bit on it's own, but I think most of it actually stayed on.

Packaging:
I like how it comes in a sturdy little see-through pot. The packaging feels expensive and it's a nice size to carry around in a makeup bag. Surprisingly, I like the brush that comes with the eye liner. The brush is stiff, yet still comfortable for lining around the eyes.

Texture:
The texture of this liner was too thick and dry, which made lining the eye difficult. Gel liners are supposed to make cat eyes and specific lines easier to do. My standard for gel liners is that they glide on like butter, and this just didn't meet my expectations at all. I used all types of brushes (SK bent liner brush, Eco tools, etc) attempting to make this product work, but all of them resulted in mediocre liner. :/

Pigmentation:
Even after lining over and over again, this eyeliner always looked like an off-black color to me. Getting a decent line with this product was just entirely too difficult and most days I would run my liquid liner over it, (which kind of defeats the purpose).

Cost:
The cost of this isn't too bad when you compare it to brands like MAC and Bobbi Brown, but I still think $8-$9 is expensive for a product that didn't deliver.

Overall, I didn't enjoy this product and the only way I would buy it again is if they reformulated and I happen to try someone else's.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by aliciamarie61592

I absolutely love this liner. I own it in blackest black and it works amazing. I usually use MAC gel liner, but I gave this stuff a try since I didn't have the extra money to spend on the expensive stuff. It cost me about $8 at Walmart. I like how the brush comes with its own little cap so that the bristles don't get messed up. The liner itself is easy to apply and goes on smoothly. When I make a mistake, it is easy to remove and fix (doesn't smear all over the place). Yes, it does take time to apply, but that's how it is going to be with mostly any gel liner. It stays on all day even when it is hot out or I go swimming. I would definitely recommend and buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have two of these, one in brown, the other in charcoal. Lasts all day, is waterproof and the price is great. I don't use the brush that comes with it, instead I stick to an angled brush to wedge the colour in between my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Pocketchic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For clarification, I would not repurchase this product because it will take me forever to finish it. But I like it! It's my first firay into gelliners and I was convinced by the lovely Lisa Eldrige that this would be as good as the more expensive Bobbi Brown. So off I went to the drugstore.

I do find gelliners a bit more tricky to apply than liquid or felt tip liners. I take a small amount, using the complimentary brush, put it on the back of my hand and spread the product until I have the desired thickness on the brush. This extra step sometimes annoys me when I'm pressed for time but still want to do a feline flick.

Staying power is great when I use either a primer or a good powder eye shadow (I love the Lancome and Chanel shadows). If not, then it starts to smudge within 1 hr. This is due to my oily lids and might not be an issue to others.

Color is quite black, although it needs a few applications to achieve a true black.

In hindsight, I'm very happy I bought it and will finish it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by tessy682

I love using gel eyeliner instead of pencil or liquid. I like how this one is dark and stays on all day. With other gel eyeliners I've had, It would go all over my eyelids and it would rub off easily. This one is waterproof so it does stay on. I have a love/hate relationship with the brush, I use it sometimes and sometimes i use my own. But overall I recommend this product if you prefer gel liners. I definitely use it all the time and i still have ALOT left.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this gel liner in Black, Brown, Navy, and Eggplant/Aubergine (also available in dark green, gray, and some limited edition/seasonal colors). It comes with a really great brush if you don't have your own eyeliner brush to apply it. The formula is pigmented and creamy. It doesn't drag across your eyelid and applies evenly and smoothly. The colors are nice, I personally wish the brown was a bit more darkly pigmented but the other colors are great. I use the brown everyday and then use the colors for evening when I am going out. I have fair skin and blonde hair so the brown is great because it is less startling against my fair skin than the black. I would recommend wiping the brush off when it is still damp because the product tends to clump up in the brush and it becomes difficult to draw a perfect cat eye with a gunked-up brush. I wash mine with baby shampoo every couple of uses to keep the brush sharp-shaped and flexible. The black and brown don't have any shimmer in them and they dry to a waterproof matte finish. The Aubergine color has a bit of shimmer in the formula but it isn't very noticeable on the eyelid. This is a fantastic product for someone who is just getting into makeup because it is fairly inexpensive compared to MAC Blacktrack or Bobbi Brown's gel liner (equally amazing) but it still offers the great color payoff and staying power as a more expensive product. Once the product sets, it doesn't budge all day! I usually start out with a small amount and build it up on the lash line so the creamy formula doesn't go rogue and make you look like a panda by accident (it happens to the best of us). Also, beware of any stray clumps on the brush or your hands because they seem to always end up somewhere on your face and get smudged and are difficult to remove when they dry, this isn't always an issue but it has been known to happen when you're in a hurry. EVERYONE who likes to wear eyeliner should buy this product because it has major staying power and you can go minimal (pushing it into your lashline) or bold with your look (winged liner, or wherever the makeup takes you). I have repurchased this several times in different colors and I will keep buying it until they stop making it (which is hopefully NEVER because I love it).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Creamy
-Waterproof and smudge proof, I'm not sure if it claims to be waterproof but I once swam in this and it didn't come off.
-Lasts ALLL day.
-Great dupe for mac fluidline.
-Cheap.
-The brush that comes with it is surprisingly quite nice.
Cons:
-Dries out in a couple of months as most gel eyeliners do.

As u can see.. it's an awesome product, it was unnecessary to add a con but I wanted to be completely honest :)