Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 6/30/2015 9:02:00 PM

I have this in black and eggplant. The black is very creamy, stays put it hasn't dried out so far. The eggplant one isn't as creamy and the color is pretty but very faint. I definatley would repurchase the black version.

on 6/26/2015 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

YOU NEED THIS IN YOUR LIFE! I love this product. It is such a dark black, very pigmented and it lasts all day. I have had a crazy collection of eyeliners and one thing I did with this was after I got my line and flick on with a felt tip (liquid eyeliners burn me) I went over it with this. One thing I hate is that I can only use felt tip and gel, but you all know how quickly felt tip eyeliners dry out, so it's nice to put this over to get that super black line. It's darker than some high end eyeliner gels and the staying power is perfect.

on 6/23/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I enjoy this product. I have found that having success with it is mostly in its usage. I like the little brush that comes with it as its short and has stiff bristles. i find its helpful to dip the brush in the product and then brush each side against the side of the pot. Also important to let the gel sit and dry before doing any work near your eyes. I find it stays well even with oily lids. You get tons of product for the price. Its far easier to use this product (I do a cat eye most days) and allows for a finer more delicate cat eye than a liquid liner. Will definitely keep buying!

on 6/20/2015 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

A quality gel eyeliner. The brush it comes with is awful, and I do prefer the revlon colorstay gel eyeliner.

on 6/11/2015 7:51:00 AM

This eyeliner went on pretty easily but it also ran very easily, even with a primer and setting it with a powder afterwards. Not a huge fan. I really wanted to like it.

on 5/23/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the few liners that actually work for my incredibly oily eyelids. Even without primer, it lasts for around 7 hours before it either begins to smudge or fade but with either primer or a little bit of concealer and setting powder on my eyelids, it lasts for around 11-12 hours before even beginning to show signs of moving, which is rare for my eyelids. After 8 months of using this product, only recently has it begun to dry up. The brush is also very handy despite it not being something I use often, but it helps to create a sharp wing edge and is also very good for creating a nice, crisp wing. For me, it glides on and has a good opaque result but occasionally requires me to go over it. One issue that I have with this product is that here in the UK, maybelline have brought out a new '24 hour: smudge' formulation of this product in addition to the existing one and has now made it near impossible to find the existing formulation in Superdrug or Boots' stores and can only really be purchased online.

on 5/18/2015 12:07:00 AM

Love this gel liner, hasn't disappointed me at all! Helps me get that perfect winged eye every time, and I always get complimented when I use it. Very pigmented and the brush makes the application process very easy, as the brush is firm with short bristles. I never have any issues with this liner smudging either. I would repurchase this over any other brand any time.

on 5/14/2015 8:23:00 PM

I like this eyeliner. It's my first gel eyeliner, and I will probably never go back to pencils or liquids.

The brush is good, and it's nice that it comes included. I don't have any desire to replace it, and am satisfied with how it performs.

I have moderately hooded eyes, and this doesn't transfer. I may buy another one in the future in the interest of trying other kinds, but there really isn't anything I want to change about this one. The little jar is solid, the colour is a nice, rich black. No fading, transferring or smudging. At the end of the day, it still looks the same as it did when I put it on.

It dried out on me because it has lasted me forever and I am ignoring the expiration. I stirred it with a toothpick and it's been good as new since then. It will probably dry out long before I run out, so I'd say you definitely get enough product.

Will likely repurchase. Pretty satisfied with it, despite not having another gel eyeliner to compare it to.

on 5/6/2015 10:59:00 AM

This is hands-down my favorite high street gel eyeliner. I have both the black and brown shades and I love both of them so much. They don't smudge and are really easy to work with. The packaging is really sleek and it comes with an eyeliner brush, though I don't really use it. I love the formula of this gel eyeliner. It glides on easily and it doesn't get flakey after a full day of wearing it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This smudged on me - just sayin'
However, almost every eyeliner or mascara does smudge on me. I don't know if it's my deep-set eyes, the fact that when I smile or laugh, my eyes screw up (put it this way: I am told constantly by perfect strangers that I look like Sarah Jessica Parker - and my squinty eyes are part of this package.)
The packaging, brush - great. Application - great. I know how to put on eyeliner. But I had to return this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials