Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 8/2/2015 7:29:00 AM

It applies easily but smudges after an hour.

on 7/31/2015 7:33:00 PM

I love this product. I have it in black, brown and eggplant, though the brown is by far my most used shade. It's great for any pale gals out there on whom the black (which is a great, dramatic black) may be a bit harsh for everyday wear. The gel is easy to apply and really glides on, no tugging needed. The brush that comes with it is okay, and while I do sometimes use it I normally use an angled eyeliner brush to dab the eyeliner into my lashline instead. The only con is the black especially does tend to smudge a bit after long wear, but its not nearly as bad as some high-end products I've used before! Besides the slight smudging, this is a really long wearing product. For the price, its definitely worth a try!

on 7/30/2015 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Pros:
- Comes out black
- Matte
- Glides on
- Drugstore price

Cons:
- The brush
- Does flake a bit
- Smudges

Would purchase again

on 7/28/2015 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

worked ok at first, but smuged a bit. After a few months though, the product start drying up in the pot and started flaking.

on 7/20/2015 2:00:00 AM

I struggle with eyeliner. They either sting / smudge, no thanks to my extremely oily eyelids and sensitive eyes.

This product comes with a brush, making it extremely value for money, given the quality of this eyeliner. It applies smoothly and is very pigmented. Should I wear this, I'll need to prime my eyelids and set the eyeliner with a light dusting of powder. Even then, doing this allows the gel liner to last on my lids for only 4-5 hours. Having said that, I have extraordinarily oily eyelids and the only eyeliner that has taken me past the 5-hour mark is the K-Palette 24-hour eyeliner.

This is a lovely, affordable option for those with Normal-dry skin types, and it's something I reach out for when I know I'm only heading out for a couple of hours such as if I'm out to Dinner / shop run etc.

on 7/20/2015 1:16:00 AM

Is a good eyeliner with brush. Although does dry out pretty fast but overall i like it.

on 7/19/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this. I love that it comes with the brush, too. not my favorite brush but it definitely works
It holds up really well throughout the day and is super easy to use.
it doesnt fade or smear or dry out or transfer. I do wish it was waterproof, but it holds up really well regardless (and it doesnt claim to be waterproof, so I didn't take a lippie off for that)
I find it works well over shadows and over false lashes.

I've only used the black, so i'm not sure how the other shades compare.
I highly recommend the black shade! it is so much better than mac blacktrack.

on 7/19/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I own two of these gel liners. The first one I bought was in charcoal, which I thought was black. I quickly found out it was not. Despite that I tried to deal with it for a month or so but it faded quickly turning a gray shade on my lids. After about an hour. Charcoal I bought full price. A few months later I was at Gabriel Brothers and found another one in the shade purple velvet for only $3. I Was disappointed with this one as well, this time because of the lack of pigmentation. Several coats later you will get an opaqueish purple, but it never really dried and goes on waxy. It lasts a pretty long time. Waste of money at full price.

on 7/18/2015 1:13:00 AM

Naturally, I have oily lids and using this "waterproof gel liner" does not make oily lids look flattering. It constantly smudges and always leaves liner on the top of my lid. Putting primer before helps the smudging, but not completely. Im very disappointed with the "waterproof" claim. On humid days, it often drys and flakes off. :/ In all, its an ok product to use on occasions but not for everyday.

on 7/15/2015 11:20:00 AM

I like this product. I use my own brush though, rather than the one it came with. It is cheap and does the job.

Video Reviews & Tutorials