Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil

3.2

Isopropyl Palmitate, Triethylhexanoin, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Peg-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Polybutene, Triisostearin, Peg-8 Diisostearate, (Peg-12) Diisostearate, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Bixa Orellana Seed Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Bisabolol, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Glyceryl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water

A decent cleansing oil that takes off makeup completely and easily without leaving any residue of oil. The pump is easy to use though I must say for the amount you get and the money you pay it really is an expensive outlook in the end.

There are other more affordable and gentle cleansing oils out there and this isn't one of them. I have a resistant skin so can tolerate the fragrant oils in this formula though my friend who has sensitive reactive skin cannot. It just turn her red as a lobster and she was sorry she used it.

Bobbi Brown for all their no nonsense, no frills philosophy really ought to take fragrance out of all their products in general. They use Lavendar and Geranium oil way too much in their skin and makeup formulas. Fragrance isn't skin care and Im not the first to say this. It just isnt necessary.

I would not buy this again. I'd rather purchase Cliniques' Cleansing Oil, another Lauder owned brand and that one is fragrance free!

on 10/13/2014 6:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this product! I use it before my foaming cleanser to remove my makeup. Apply it dry first and lather all over your face (don't look in the mirror, you'll get a fright!) particularly in the areas where you've applied the most resilient of makeup. Then apply water and lather further, rinse and your face is free of makeup! I no longer use wipes to remove my makeup as this has substituted it. I have also found my breakouts to be far less frequent and dry patches around my nose less obvious. It even removes eyeliner and mascara well (mascara is painful enough to remove wiping it off alone!).

Will be purchasing again. However the full sized bottle should last me a while. I normally use 2-3 pumps to remove makeup and it does a fantastic job! I've just recently added it to my routine for the past month and haven't looked back.

on 10/8/2014 5:08:00 PM

Lavender oil!!! irritates my skin like crazy. Cleansing is not too bad but still think Shu Umera is better -> actually, for the price, I'd rather buy DHC cleansing oil

I have tried the cleansing oil from DHC, Bobbi, SHU, Nars and Lancome

on 5/13/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This product was a game changer for my oily acne prone skin. Never before has my skin texture been so smooth and balanced. It eliminated my chronic top dry condition as well as my need for benzyl peroxide to address my acne. I love everything about it. I even tried to duplicate the formula at home with no avail. The only thing I don't love is the price, but sometimes you pay for what you get.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this cleanser. I never thought I would like an oil cleanser but after trying it I'm not sure why I didn't try it sooner. I came across it about 8 months ago. I was actually out to buy Mac's oil cleanser and they were out, but knowing they are owned by the same company I thought if give it a try. And it's a bigger bottle than Mac for the same price. I have normal to dry with the last 4 months having terrible hormonal acne around my chin. This cleanser has helped bring my skin back to normal. My face is so soft. I follow it with my Itworks defining gel and I could not create a better combo. 3x a week I do go in with a fine exfoliating scrub just to do some resurfacing. Sometimes Clinique, sometimes Aveda, depending on what I find in my cabinet. But I love this Bobbi Brown cleansing oil! Just not when I get it in my eyes, very weird feeling having blurry vision for 30 seconds!

on 2/27/2014 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bobbi Brown's Soothing Cleansing Oil is the first face oil I have tried so I cannot compare this to other brands on the market but so far I am impressed with it. I bought the large pump bottle - 13.4 oz/400ml for $63 - around 5 months ago and have used it every other night. A little goes a long way with this oil so the large size should last me for the better part of a year. I use two pumps for my face and massage it onto my cheeks, t-zone and forehead. I do not like oils on my eyes, so I use a separate eye makeup remover for my eye makeup. I rinse off the oil with warm water and it turns into a milky liquid that rinses off easily, leaving my skin clean and comfortable. I like alternating between this oil and Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Cleanser and I have not had an issues with clogged pores or breakouts on my sensitive skin. Will repurchase. Regular size pump bottle with 6.7 oz/200 ml retails for $42.

on 2/27/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product three pumps removes all my make up evens eye make up this smells like green tea and leaves my skin fresh ! I bought it in October and it's still going well same bottle use it 4 tiles a week very worth the money first luxury cleansing oil I'm impressed especially having temperamental skin

on 2/27/2014 10:24:00 AM

Started using this product about 3 months ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't removes all makeups (esp mascara). Sometimes, I had to double cleanse my face after the makeup remover to make sure everything is off. This product also forms like an oily layer on my eyelids and eyelashes, kinda blurred my vision for awhile until i cleared it with huge amount of water. I was terrified the first time I used it. I have very sensitive skin so the good thing of this product, it does not cause white heads to form on the bottom of my eyes like other makeup removers I tried before (Maybelline, Laura Mercier). Also, comes with pleasant scent. I wouldn't recommend this product as I feel it is overpriced with relatively average performance.

on 1/15/2014 4:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great bargain at a duty free in a London airport. This cleansing oil does its job just fine. its smells good and easily takes of all my makeup leaving skin soft and clean. Works well into clogged pores. Excellent evening cleanser.

on 1/8/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am really in two minds on this product (for myself personally) because when I first purchased it I really loved it, nice scent, left my face feeling clean and soft (soooo soft)!! And didn't leave my oily skin feeling too dry at all. The packaging is really slick and nice pump head which locks so is good for travelling but the downside for me was that my acne prone skin flared up really bad when I was using it! I tried to put my mind at ease and tell myself it was a coincidence etc as I had just started to suffer from an old case of cystic acne again, but I eventually had to come to terms with the fact that once i stopped using it my breakouts calmed down and became less severe! So I stopped using it :( for less sensitive and non acne prone skins this would prob be an excellent cleanser as it balances oils and leaves the skin lovely and smooth but it unfortunately just didn't agree with me :( if it hadn't broke me out I would have said def worth the money tho in also felt I went through it very quick!