Avance - Jolie et Jolie et Eyeliner

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite eyeliner hands down. On my last trip to Japan, i picked this up with some Fiberwig and I'm loving the combo. I do a wingtip eye as a part of my everyday look and this is the only eyeliner i found that does it consistently well. I use it to tightline too, so no need for another liner. It has great dark pigmentation, stays put, never smudges, and washes off really easily without using a makeup remover or anything. The tip doesnt dry out and lasts a long time as well - i think i've had mine for about 4 months and its still going strong. I had bought the Bobbi Brown gel liner before, but i was never able to get it to work like this... trying to do a precise tip at the end was extremely frustrating, no matter what type of brush i used. My only gripe is its not available anywhere in the UK, and very expensive to ship in. Trying to locate it in HK as I go there a lot, but havent seen it in Sasa or the other usual beauty stores.

on 8/3/2009 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I became a big fan of Japanese felt tip eyeliners a few years ago, so on a recent trip to Tokyo I picked up this one in black (hard choice when there are 20+ brands to choose from and you already have "spares" at home). It flows beautifully and gives a nice dark line. It has a firmer tip (compared to the Kate Super Sharp) which is a good thing for me as I use it to tightline. The reason I chose to try this brand is that it is stocked by Adambeauty. As we all know, the downside to finding great products overseas is trying to find an e-tailer who will ship to your country when you run out. My other fav is Sana Maikohan, but it is so much harder to get hold of, so I am really pleased the Avance works for for me :)