November 25, 2014 | 1890 users online

Conditioner - Kiehl's - sunflower color preserving conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Beckdorfita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love how it detangles and hidrates my extremly fine hair, but doesn't weigh it down.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

First, I picked up several tubes of this conditioner at my local Winners for $11.99, so I can't comment on the actual retail price. For what I paid for this product, I would absolutely buy it again. I have died dark red chin length baby fine wavy hair that I regularly straighten. This conditioner seems to have helped to keep my died red hair more vibrant and to have reduced fading. It doesn't way my hair down, which is a necessity for me when reviewing any hair product. My hair is left very shiny, smooth, and bouncy when using my daily combination of this conditioner and Aveda's Colour Conserve shampoo. The fruity fragrance is very strong using it and it does linger in my hair until I wash it again, but I don't find it overpowering or offensive. This is the first Kiehls product I have used and I really like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo/conditioner combo smells fantastic. I love smelling my hair the next day after using it. It leaves my hair glossy and protects the color well. I switched products when I quit coloring my hair, but honestly I think this is a great combo even if you don't have color treated hair. I can't use the conditioner every day though, because it weight my super-fine fair down a bit (using it every other shampoo works well though).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Dari

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have so much love for this conditioner. I have so many hair care products in my shower and this one beats them all, hands down.

My hair: wavy and fine, but not thin. I can straighten it with a round brush without a lot of effort, but wearing it wavy I'm prone to frizz. I color my hair so I use gentle products, but I do blow dry 5x week.

Thickening shampoos/conditioners rough up my cuticle and make the frizz worse, but smoothing conditioners weigh down my hair and make it flat. This conditioner does what no other conditioner has done for my hair, which is keep it smooth and ultra soft without sacrificing body. I'm in love!

I haven't noticed any build-up, but I tend to use a clarifying shampoo every week or so. I haven't tried the shampoo yet, but got a sample so will check it out. I currently use B&B shampoos and am quite happy with them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by letchfec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased this conditioner time and time again. I rotate it with Masqueintense by Kerastase to maintain glossy, shiny, silky hair. It is amazing, especially considering how damaged my hair really is. I recently spent the night at a friends house and used her Dove shampoo/conditioner. My hair was a HUGE disaster. I couldn't wait to get home so I could rewash my hair and use this product. It is amazing what a difference this has made to my hair. Highly recommend for fine hair. Also, smells incredible :) HG for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by curLRocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product a couple of times in combination with the shampoo while visiting a friend a few months ago and I fell in love with it. My hair is forever dry and frizzy so I am always on the look out for new products to try, and have also been trying to steer clear of any kinds of silicons. I have also been lightening my hair gradually from espresso brown to an ashy blond, so you know I need the extra moisture and care!

I only repurchased the conditioner for myself and use it with a couple of different shampoos (L'Oreal for colored hair and Aveda Blue Malva) and it works amazingly well -- especially in combination with the newer Argan Oil smoothing hair pak (please follow the directions with this one -- it makes a world of difference!!) once a week. It easily detangles even my curly hair and smells heavenly (more mango to me than apricot!). The smell even lingers in my hair for at least 2 days. My hair feels so much softer and even straightening is easier with this. I cannot praise this product enough!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

An improvement from the matching shampoo, but only by a small margin. It puts the moisture back that the shampoo seems to leech from the hair...the drawback? This conditioner builds up over time so that it will make the hair dull and lifeless and hard to style. I would not recommend this for anyone with straight or fine hair. It really removes all body and bounce after a week of consecutive use. I had to return my bottle and exchange it for the olive conditioner which is ten times better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2010 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Guava_Bee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an okay conditioner, better than the shampoo (see my review) but nothing exceptional that would justify it's $18 price tag. Smells good and does get the tangles out but the shampoo left my hair feeling dry.

Fragrance is a strong mango-apricot combo.

If there was another shampoo that can work with this conditioner then I may keep the conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using the olive fruit combo and really like it. I have been cone-free for years and as of late I have been venturing to products with select cones. I really wanted to love this sunflower conditioner since it's cone free, but just like pixielu stated, it left me feeling like my hair was coated - causing it to tangle more than usual. Other than that, it smells awesome and the smell lingered a bit, but didn't become overpowering. Really handled well in the shower as well. I'll be sticking with the olive combo I guess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is better than the corresponding shampoo, but still not great. I have fine hair, but lots of it, and with a slight wave. This conditioner is great at detangling, and felt good going on (plus the scent is lovely quite strong, and of apricots), but it left my hair feeling a bit coated, which was weird. Also my hair can get a bit frizzy, and this did nothing to combat that, and in fact seemed to make it worse. This is now up for a swap.