December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Lipstick - Make Up For Ever - #421

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ambr

I agree with Kitty - this is a lovely lipstick. It's not matte, there's a bit of gloss to it and it feels quite moisturizing. That doesn't mean it doesn't have staying power - it definitely does. It lasted on me for about 4.5 hours (through my morning coffee, water, breakfast, lip licking & a kiss). It did fade a little during those hours, but that didn't bother me. I didn't find it drying in the least. It's a little pricey at $18 per tube, but to be honest, this color is so gorgeous and the quality of the lipstick is quite luxurious and it goes on so easily. And this color red is perfect for my coloring (NC-21, light brown/blond hair, blue eyes, more cool than warm complected). It's a sexy "notice me" red without being a "whorish" red. I will purchase this again. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only perfect sheer red I've ever encountered.

The shade is an infinitely wearable medium-dark true red, perhaps leaning slightly to cool. NOT pinkish, though-- just some blue showing through. It's the colour of red delicious apples.

421 lives in my gym backpack and I use it for that outing (before, during, after gym), so it gets quite a lot of wear. What I love most about it (other than versatility-- it's basically a neutral that matches anything) is that it wears off so evenly and feels so satiny and light on my lips.

In a sense it's like an intensely pigmented heavy balm.

It's so beautifully functional, and beautiful (if boring) that I'm surprised it gets no mention on the boards.

Have repurchased several times and will continue to do so. Absolute staple for me.

NW15, br/br.