December 18, 2014 | 1644 users online

Gels/Soaps - Nubian Heritage - Black Seed Soap With Apricot Oil and Wild Honey

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If there was ever a soap to keep by the side of the sink, this is the one. It has little seeds in it to give you an exfoliating little brush while the soap itself is very moisturizing...then best of all, the smell...like heaven...like the richest honey you have ever smelled and the ripest apricot. It fills the bathroom when not in use and is just a joy to use. I am not 100% sure I would use this as a body soap but I really don't see why not. It is about 5 bucks most places I have seen it and you can find pretty good deals online. Definitely keeping this one around!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by teainthepark

Love this soap! It smells great and makes the whole bathroom smell! I like that it's reasonably priced and the ingredients are wholesome. This soap cleanses well but leaves my skin hydrated. I feel clean but not that "squeaky" clean that harsh soaps give you, but also not that weird greasy feeling you get with Dove. I would also like to add that even though I have pretty dry skin, I get breakouts on my chest and back sporadically. Most soaps, even natural ones (generally made with coconut oil), aggravate this problem. Since using this soap my skin has totally cleared up in that area. Unfortunately it just doesn't work so well on my face, dries me out :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fragrance lovers -- this smells like Botrytis Edt. It's got a rich honey candied fruit scent that lasts throughout a shower or bath and for about a hour more. Lovely! On the box it states that this is the formula Egyptian Princess Nephertiti used and she was known for her beautiful skin. It is good for normal skin.

LOVE the fragrance and the way it makes my skin feel..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a beautiful honey scent! My bathroom is left smelling very good. The bar has actual black seeds that you use to exfoliate. I use it mainly on my legs then use the lather to wash the rest of my body. It leaves me clean and my skin doesn't feel dry. Might be too harsh for my face. It has great ingredients and the bar lasts. I look forward to trying other scents in the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by pulidobl

Love Love the Nubian Heritage line! This soap is my favorite of all the ones I've tried. If you are a honey lover, you will love the true soft honey fragrance. I love how this gently exfoliates your skin and moisturizes it at the same time! The other soaps in this line I've tried are the Rose Chai (unfortunately I's sensitive to something in it) Mango (great) and of course the African Black (their recipe, but it's a nice one). These are priced $3.99 at Whole Foods, but there are some deals if you go one line.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate to ruin the good rating for this soap, but it just didn't work for my skin. I used this as a body cleanser and it made my skin horribly dry and itchy. I also broke out in little raised red bumps across my chest after using this. It's a shame because this has a nice scent and natural ingredients. I guess natural isn't always better for some.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

My search for an HG cleanser is over. I was at the mall, I saw this woman selling oils and hair and skin care products on a vendor. She recommended this soap for oily skin. It smells amazing and has a nice lather. It has black seeds in it but it doesn't bother me or clog up my drain. This soap leaves my face clean and it keeps me oil free for awhile. I use this morning and night and i am def going to stock up on this soap. A def repuchase!!! HG status!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

Unlike the previous reviewer, I actually own this product and have been using it for about two weeks. I love it! The scent is delicious in a natural way and the soap has made my skin very smooth and soft. I will repurchase for sure, and I'd also like to try other products by this company. Try this soap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite soap by Nubian Heritage! It smells sweet and delicious, leaves my skin soft and clean, and is supposedly antibacterial because of the honey in it (I love honey face masks so to have it in my soap is A++). I didn't experience any breakouts while using this bar at least, and I have really clog-prone skin on my shoulders and chest. The seeds in this are tiny and don't get stuck in your drain too, which is a big plus! I keep trying all of their other soaps but I'm sure I'm going to come back to this one time and again. Seriously my favorite soap ever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

Oh my God. Absolutely delicious. I will continue to buy this until they discontinue it. Lathers up great, smells yummy (like honey), dirt cheap, 100% natural, fair-traded, and made by a company with a conscience. If you love this scent, you MUST get the Honey & Black Seed lotion as well!