BeneFit Cosmetics Velvet eyeshadow- Fawn Over Me

4.6

Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol [ /-: Titanium Dioxyde (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Aluminum Hydroxide (CI 77002), Ferric Ferrocyanode (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI77288), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)].

on 9/2/2013 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Perfect neutral color for all over the lid. This isn't too dark of a brownish white gold, but isn't too gold and metallic. This is one of those throw it on and run out of the door shades that makes life so much easier. Benefit's eyeshadows have a special place in my heart. The perfect amount of glimmer that is never over the top, the buttery texture, and the seamless blending, I am so sad they discontinued the Velvet Line. I bought this when the Velvet Line was on sale since it's been replaced. I highly recommend it.

on 1/12/2013 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this eyeshadow, It goes on like a dream and wears all day long. I got this as a free gift when I bought the "hello flawless" and am very happy with it! The colour I got the velvet eyeshadow in is "buns" which is a taupe ish kind of gold tone, It blends effortlessly and the coverage is amazing. Very happy with this eyeshadow and plan on buying more for sure!

on 12/6/2012 5:15:00 PM

This eyeshadow is absolutely beautiful. Initially, i chose MAC's woodwinked as an all over gold shimmery lid colour...HUGE mistake. On my NW15/20 skin tone it was too orange and nothing like the colour i was aiming for. After i got patina by MAC and loved it, however the texture is slightly "dry" and worked better for a crease rather than lid shade. I got this product at an event and use it almost every day. The texture is velvety and smooth and works so well with patina in the crease and satin taupe in the outer V. The texture is comparable to MAC's veluxe pearl. I would definitely recommend this as a basic lid colour shadow, im confident it would work on most fair to tan skin tones.

on 7/15/2012 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my everyday shadow. It's the perfect neutral shimmery lid shade for me. I love that it doesn't have any peach or pink, which I don't mind, but peach or pink stands out a little more on my shades and isn't what I call "neutral." My favorite way to wear Fawn Over Me is packed over my Laura Mercier Metallic cream shadow in gold. Fawn Over Me is a very lovely, velvety, and blendable shadow but I find the pigmentation a little lacking for my taste so I can only get the look I want by layering it over a primer or cream shadow. Most days, I contour with MAC Soft Brown or another similar shade, and highlight the brow area. I then either apply mascara for a soft neutral look or I add winged dark brown cream liner and red lipstick for a more glamorous look.

on 2/19/2012 12:59:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow. From any brand of makeup. I love the color its so versitile and the finish is a flawless velevety shimmery grayish champagne color. Love love love! No creasing and good staying power. But do use with primer for best results.

on 1/3/2012 4:11:00 PM

very pretty colour and velvety texture. the colour is champagne with shimmer and works well during the day at work/school. The lasting power is so-so, I'm trying e/s primers to see if this stays put for longer.

on 12/15/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really like this eyeshadow. Also, I agree with one of the previous reviewers who said that it is everything that they were hoping that All that Glitters by MAC would be. This is a neutral, light, beigey-champagey, shimmery(not glittery) shade which looks great with any darker color in the crease. It is the most blendable eyeshadow I own. In MAC terms - the color of this is similar to MAC's Era and the texture is similar to MAC's Woodwinked or any other veluxe pearl shadow. It can be worn every day and can be worn out, really depending on what you put in the crease and as highlight - but really everything matches to this eyeshadow.

on 11/7/2010 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love these eyeshadows, I really do! They are beautiful colours and literally feel like velvet when you apply them.

Would I buy them again? no, and here is why. The packaging uses way to much plastic (but that's their charm isn't it - awesome packaging.) But all in all I am boycotting Benefit. If you care that your favourite brands do not animal test then don't buy Benefit. If you really don't give a sh*t, then you can stop reading here.

When inquiring about their policy on animal cruelty and vegan products they fed me some full of crap answer about possible "trace ingredients" in products but they were ultimately vegan and very ethically sound. Yah, I was born yesterday. I contacting them back and informed them their answer was not good enough. I said that I am boycotting them, and will let anyone else who may care about the ethics of their favourite makeup brands to boycott too.
I love Benefit as much as anyone, but please, contact them and request certification against animal cruelty. If they have nothing to hide then they should want to be certified. Also, request for vegan products. After all animal material in makeup creates a demand for animal trade and that's not cruelty free.

on 8/2/2010 10:00:00 AM

I agree with everyone else - this is a wonderful, wonderful eyeshadow. I love the fact that it is shimmery, but without glitter. It's super smooth, blends well and just looks amazing no matter what! I love it. It's definitely one of my favorite eyeshadows up to date.

on 7/21/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm not impressed with Benefit's Creaseless Cream shadows but LOVE these. I've never used such a smooth, finely-milled eyeshadow. It applies like a dream, stays in place, never creases, and isn't sparkly. I also love this neutral shade and wear it every day (but then again, I love neutrals and am pretty boring when it comes to makeup). I debated between this, Dandy Brandy (a darker coppery brown), and Rich Beach (which I think was LE or has been discontinued), but am glad that I picked the lightest and easiest to wear of the shades. Packaging is also cute, but I do wish it had a little mirror in the lid or came with a little sponge brush for traveling or simply had a little extra SOMETHING for the price. Nevertheless, I'm still in love with this product and will continue to purchase.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products