July 31, 2014 | 1923 users online

Cleansers - DHC - DHC Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by honeyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

further to my last review I still love the cleansing mill. I may have had to do a coulle of passes over with it but its still the best cream maleup remover that doesn't annoy my skin and actually removes most of my makeup (all with the second application). now I'm using it with the face wash my skin is happy at last. I have been looking for cleansers that will truly cleanse without annoyance since puberty and im now 44. I've tried a heck of a lot of brands over the years and it's truly amazing to me that my face is cleansed and not red and stinging. Long may it continue.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by geecard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is AWESOME!!! I have dry, sensitive skin, with rosacea, that is also prone to acne. Lucky me. I have tried so many products, but always find myself disappointed with the outcome. If it is gentle enough to not irritate my skin, I get acne... and everything else, causes my skin to get raw, with acne.
I have tried oil cleansers before, but the rubbing required for removal was too much for my delicate skin. This oil based cleanser is amazing. My face looks better than it has in years. I can even wash my face twice a day, which is something I couldn't even do when using cleansers made for people with rosacea. Two big thumbs up.

Update: 2Feb2013

I had to drop the score a bit. I couldn't use it every day, because the daily rubbing became too much for my sensitive skin. I now wash my face with oatmeal on a daily basis, and use this cleanser to remove makeup and sunblock.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser since last fall. I used to use DHC's cleansing oil but found it's become too drying for my 40+ skin. This is a very creamy cold cream type cleanser that doesn't irritate my skin. My skin feels softer after I cleanse with this. I feel like this does a good job of removing my physical sunscreen. It's somewhat expensive but this is one of the few cleansers I've found (even so called sensitive ones) that doesn't dry me out. The pump dispenser works well

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this on days when my skin is more dry and / or irritated. I'll use it in place of my DHC deep cleansing oil at nights to cleanse and remove makeup. It's creamy and soothing on my skin and doesn't really have a fragrance which is a big plus for me.

I massage this into my skin and then wipe it off with a soft washcloth and warm water before using my other nighttime skin care products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by zushi303

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good cleansing milk. I wear mineral makeup and my skin tends to be oily. So in summer I feel a little bit gunky by the end of the day and in the winter my skin can feel dryish. Either way, this cleansing milk feels soothing and very thoroughly cleansing. It smoothly liquifies dirt and makeup and makes it easy to tissue it off. I feel that the liquifying action of cleansing creams and milks also melts and minimizes any blackheads on my T-zone and this cleanser works well in that capacity as well. After tissuing off my makeup I like to apply a clean hot wrung out face cloth as a final cleansing step before moisturizing. After that I really feel clean, moist and refreshed. One reviewer mentioned that the consistency is a little bit like milk of magnesia and I know what she means. Somehow this milk isn't quite as greasy as I expected, but it does do the job well.

This cleansing milk even does a great job of liquifying my mascara (I wear non-waterproof). I bought this when it was on sale for $19 and I'd like it even better if it sold for $15. I do think it's overpriced at $24.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I used this product from the sample packets many times, and just recently decided to spring for the full bottle. I think it's kind of pricey ($24 for 6.7 fl oz), but I do think it has been better for my skin than what I have been using because of its ingredients- and because it is fragrance-free. I don't think it is a great makeup remover on its own, but it is a very good and gentle facial cleanser. I compared this to Estee Lauder Take It Away (a similar product that you massage into dry skin and it is supposed to dissolve makeup), and I found the Estee Lauder product to be much better at dissolving and removing the makeup from my skin. But I don't use the Cleansing Milk to remove my make-up. I like to use a make-up removing wipe first, and then I apply the Cleansing Milk to my dry skin. Then I take my Clarisonic brush and dampen it just a bit, and massage the Cleansing Milk into my face with the brush. After rinsing my face, it always feels fresh, clean, non-dry, and free of any irritation. I have very sensitive skin and rosacea, so these are important features to me. If I start noticing any skin problems with daily use of this product, I will come and update my review. But for now, I really like this cleanser and if I continue to have good results with it, I will most definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by dlwalt

I have tried this cleansing milk (DHC's version of a cold cream make-up remover) - and compared to other cold creams out there - it works decently at removing make-up. It is not as good, in my opinion as the mild touch cleansing oil (DHC's latest oil for make-up removal that I am totally WILD about) - but it does the job. It feels wonderful going on (sort of a milky texture) and I always wipe it off with a Pond's clean sweep make-up remover cloth (to ensure all of the make-up comes off without an extra cleansing step). It leaves my face soft, clean & hydrated - but I think it would be better for the winter. I feel like it will leave my face too moisturized for the summer months - but I will probably revisit this during winter when my face needs the extra hydration.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good makeup remover, but I prefer the consistency of DHC's Cleansing Oil. To me, the consistency is unusual -- sort of a cross between oil and milk of magnesia, but not bad. It works well, removes makeup, and leaves skin soft, but what I don't like is that when removing mascara, no matter how tight I close my eyes, a little bit seems to get in and leave a white film over my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This light lotion cleanser works very well on my dry and sensitive skin. It has no detergents and it feels soft and moisturizing. It rinses off easily. (I use a separate makeup remover.) The bottle comes with a removable clear plastic top that can be placed over the opening for traveling to prevent accidental spillage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've gone through a number of these and I'm surprised there's no reviews! It's great!!

This product is a lotion-textured cleansing cream/milk in a tall pump bottle: no fragrance :-)) and no dyes or colorings, as per usual at DHC. What makes this cleanser different: it seems to be a cleansing oil in creamy form. You apply it as a makeup remover to dry skin, massage it around and then either tissue off or rinse with water. I find a second cleansing to be optional, depending on how layered with stuff I am :-) For minimal makeup and average-day sunscreen, it's fine alone, but for waterproof sunscreen plus makeup, IMO an additional cleansing with your usual cleanser would be in order.

For years I had wished for a cold cream or cleansing cream with all of these features, and I became devoted to this product as soon as DHC came out with it. It's a fairly large bottle, but it travels a bit more securely than a cleansing oil would - no leaks so far. I'll never be without it!

Ingredients: water/eau, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, triethylhexanoin, dipropylene glycol, squalane, pentylene glycol, polysorbate 60, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, carbomer, stearic acid, batyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, sucrose stearate, sorbitan stearate, glyceryl stearate SE, behenyl alcohol, tocopherol, potassium hydroxide

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No