November 23, 2014 | 1505 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Magdilline

I purchased this foundation to prepare for my wedding makeup. This foundation does not have and SPF and will photograph nicely.I purchased the color Punjab and Ceylan. Punjab is a peachy tan for light-medium skin tone and Ceylan is yellow based similar to nc20 in Mac studio fix fluid. I purchased 2 colors to mix for my perfect shade. I am fair in the winter and tan in the summer. And I wanted to mix my custom shade for my summer wedding. I have worn this foundation for a little over a week to see how it matched, wears, and looks on my skin.
Application: I do not use a primer, I applied the foundation with a damp beauty blender or a stippling brush. I used ambient lighting powder to set. Then spray with fix+ to enhance the glow!
We will start with the cons: on my normal skin this foundation oxidized a bit. In purchasing this foundation I would recommend going a shade lighter. The other con is the packaging. This foundation does not come with a pump, I did purchase my separately from the Nars sight. The bottle can get messy fast without a pump.
On to the pros: once this foundation sets it looks flawless. I mean flawless! This did not enhance my large pores, acne scares, and so on. This evened out my completion and it looked beautiful. Once it sets it is a satin finish. I was able to get 6-8 hours wear before it started to wear off. The shade range it amazing as well.
I would defiantly repurchase this foundation. I recommend for everyone to get a sample and try it out. This may not be a long wearing foundation for combo-oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Claire2612

I love this product. As other reviewers have mentioned it is sheer to medium, but it is buildable and if I want fuller coverage I simply do two layers. I find a makeup brush really effective as well as the Beauty Blender, both give slightly different finishes but beautiful either way. The Beauty Blender sheers it out more but leaves the skin slightly dewy...also I love to wear a liquid highlighter underneath which really enhances the "glow" to the foundation. I also love the colour range. Even though you have to buy a separate pump for the bottle, it is worth it, and I like that you at least have the option even if it costs extra :)
I am onto my second bottle and I would happily repurchase. It is not my HG foundation, but I don't think I would ever not have this in my makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by cadeyduck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The finish of this is amazing, it makes your skin look glowy and perfect. But as the name suggests-it is sheer. If my skin is acting up and the coverage of this isn't enough, I'll put on another foundation and then use this sort of like a highlighter and it makes my skin look actually perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by iest

I have been using this foundation for about 5 months and I can say that I would recommend this to everyone!

If you have oily skin and prefer a matte finish, don't let the name fool you! At first I was a little apprehensive on buying this product because I love having a matte finish. So I first bought the SHEER MATTE foundation by Nars. (I wouldn't recommend that foundation to anyone, it was horrible). So I returned it, and thought, "hey, why not give this one [sheer glow] a go, I've heard great things about it," And I'm so happy I did.
I have combination skin, but its mainly oily. I find that this product holds up and stays in place for the whole day. This foundation keeps me more matte than any other foundation that has promised to keep me "matte and shine free" (all have failed).
I do have some dry patches, and this foundation does an incredible job on not making my dry patches visible and it did not break me out in any way!

The coverage for this foundation is great. What I love about it, is that I can give myself a super light, natural look, while still covering imperfections, and I can give myself high coverage without looking cakey and gross.

This foundation does not come with a pump, but you can buy one for $6 at Nars counters, (my local Sephora doesn't carry pumps in store)

Bottom line is that this foundation is amazing, the price you pay is well worth the quality of the product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Ragdoll87

I've been using this product for a week now everyday. I love this foundation. it gives beautiful coverage, the color matches perfectly, and the best part is, it stays. I set this with MAC fix+, and it stays. I can wipe my face, rub it, whatever, and get none on my hand or napkin. it feels nice on my skin, but I will say when you first put it on, it feels like it sets there. kinds pike it takes a second to absorb into your skin. overall I really like this foundation. definitely worth picking up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by TattooedPrncsz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I recently came back from Jamaica and I needed a new foundation as my regular foundation was a little pale. I was also looking for something new as my foundation (Lacnome Teint Idol 24h) was getting boring to use. I have minor breakouts and some minor ice pick scarring. My major problem is my skin has awfully dark hyperpigmentation from post break outs for my skin tone and it lasts FOREVER. I have normal skin but with the cold weather my skin tends to lean drier then normal. I use shade Santa Fe.

I have been toying with buying this foundation for months and months. The name "sheer glow" was what held me back; If that is your problem do not be afraid of this foundation. It has medium-semi-full coverage depending on application method. I use my damp BB or my Sigma F82. I can't stop raving about this foundation. I have been wearing it awhile and it has caused no break outs so far. The produt itself is very fluid; I am used to thicker foundations so applying this was a little hard for me at first, but I find it blends easily and I generally only need 1 coat. Drying time isn't awfuly long and when it sets it becomes a glowy, sexy, realistic second skin. I top this when it sets with the new NARS Luminous powder foundation and I look amazing. This has great staying power and the glow does not turn oily for me at all during the day.

There is 1 fl oz and I paid $45. Price is never a factor in my reviews because I generally wear higher end cosmetics and I expect to pay for a good product, this foundation delivers for the cost. It comes with the standard NARS packaging, Classic and modern with an expensive feel in a glass jar. There is no pump; you can buy it seperate. I travel often so I prefer no pump. Overall this is a great foundation; I can see this working for many people. If your looking to try your first higher end foundation, I'd start here. It would have saved me a lot of time and money; I have found my new HG liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1994

This was one of my first higher end foundations that I ended up purchasing after hearing all of the hype. I normally don't wear a lot of face makeup since I prefer to let my skin breathe instead of covering it in a lot of foundation on a daily basis.
This is the perfect foundation for my normal-combination skin. I am an NC25 in MAC most of the year and I wear the shade Light 5 - Fiji. In the summer I get up to NC30 and I can still wear this shade, however I do have to use a bit of bronzer in order to make this match to the rest of my body.
This gives medium coverage and has a natural finish which needs to be set with powder if you want this to last all day (or night) without getting shiny. I love this for when I'm going out since it has no flashback due to the lack of SPF.
If you've been thinking about getting this foundation I would highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I prefer to use no foundation however in the winter my skin gets very red, so I use down the center of my face and in a few other areas.

To use: I add a ton of my own "mix" of cream oil and a product that holds moisture to your face (Cere Ve / Rose Hip Oil / Aloe Vera / Hyaluronic Acid). You can buy all online, and you can buy a huge amount of Hyaluronic Acid for $90 or so with free shipping; Any product with Hyaluronic acid is very expensive so this is a cheap way to get lots of it on your skin if you have dry skin.

*************************************

PROS
1). Color match. NARS Mount Blanc foundation and creamy concealer in vanilla are a near perfect match for my skin tone. That is enough of a reason to purchase as it is nearly impossible to match light skin with pink undertones without making me look "too pink"

2). Thin liquid. I prefer a very thin foundation that spreads easily

3). FULL coverage. Not sure why NARS calls this "SHEER"; it gives as much coverage as MUFE, and less than MAC Face & Body NW20.

CONS:
1). GLOW ??? No glow to this foundation, it dries matt and flat. I add a half pump of Becca Skin Perfecter in the lightest shade to give me some glow.

2). FULL Coverage. I was not looking for a full coverage foundation, and this is "SHEER GLOW" which is what I should be getting, right?

BOTTOM LINE:
I probably will use this up while shopping for another foundation. I like my MAC Face & Body but it doesn't blend well if I use it just down the center of my face. It is more for a sheer summer TM for me. TM these days are thick so I do not buy any Tinted Moisturizer as I do not find much tint nor moisture in the products

I like the color range of NARS, but find the Creamy Concealer in Vanilla to be too thick and dry, and the NARS SHEER GLOW foundation to be full coverage non sheer and no glow packaged in a heavy jar without a pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Beccask

This foundation is extremely confusing. My friend who has normal to dry skin recommended this to me, even though I have combination to oily skin. When I first applied this I loved it. More than any foundation I have ever used. More than makeup forever, Laura mercier, urban decay. It made my skin completely flawless. But thought the day. Around my nose and between my eyebrows I literally saw the foundation sliding off. It looked like I had orange liquid on my face. I thought if I just really set it with a powder it should be okay, and that somewhat helps( I use the makeup forever setting powder). I also figured this is probably a lot better for people with dry skin. But I notice that when I have dry flakey spots, usually on the top of my nose or just where I had a previous pimple, it cakes around it. So just remember to exfoliate or moisturize well. The reason j give this a 3 is because it really is the best foundation I have found so far, but I am still on my hunt. Just know that you MUST set this foundation in your oily spots and you must really moisturize your dry spots if you want the full benefit of this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by virelais

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love this foundation
honestly the best foundation i've ever purchased, i have dry to combination skin and sometimes get breakouts, but with this, it keeps me moisturised and doesn't break me out! it's a godsend!
i've seen people comment on it's "runny" consistency but honestly i do not find that to be the case - coming out of the bottle it's quick thick, not in a bad way though. one complaint is that of the bottle itself; it's kinda ridiculous to have to buy an accompanying pump (which i always prefer to use as it's more hygienic and easier to moniter). however i did recently purchase the pump for $4 at my local mecca cosmetica so i'm content.
it is a bit pricey (i paid about $68 here in australia - daylight robbery but that's what happens when you live on the other side of the world) but in my opinion, it's completely worth it. i dont think i'll ever buy another foundation again
i would urge everyone to at least test this out, it gives the most natural coverage but still does a good job of hiding my dark spots etc. all in all my HG foundation