April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

Conditioner - Phyto - Phytospecific Optimal Hydration Milk

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is very dense, healthy, 4A phtyo/tex-laxed hair. I purchased this conditioner for use as a daily washing or alternate deep conditioning moisturizing treatment. The first bottle I purchased full price and had a hard time using it up. then when B&BW had their 75% of Phtyo sale, I decided to give it another dry. Still no good luck for me. It should be noted that I only used the conditioner, and not the shampoo. I used a moisturizing shampoo (CON or Kenra MC, or Keracare Hydrating Detangling) prior to using this conditioner. The consistency is very runny, and it is pink in color. The smell reminds me of a relaxer base, which I don't care for. I believe that the guar gum ingredient is supposed to act as a humectant to moisturize, but I was not particularly satisfied with results. My hair felt nourished, which I really liked. If I were seeking nourish. I was seeking moisture. No moisture for me. Additionally, there was no detangling, and my hair felt as if there were a bit of strengthening (protein) added, which is not what I needed. I used the entire bottle, but I always finished with a detangling rinse. The one time I didn't my hair was very dry with a lackluster finish. I really wanted this to work, because I liked the ingredients and I love phyto, but it didn't meet my expectations as a moisturizing conditioner. I find Phytosesame to be much much better in the Phyto line, and other brands like L'Occitane and Kenra to be much more moisturizing with better detangling action. For $28 a bottle, I will not repurchase. For $7 or if given for free, I would use it up - as a pre-poo cond. treatment on dry hair.