August 23, 2014 | 1806 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Cream in Betray

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by emilily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this - I've started wearing it every day for work. I just tap a finger in and apply that to each cheek and buff it in. You really don't need much but I love the berry coloured flush it leaves. So easy!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by MissSaraxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this for free as part of the Christmas promotion. The texture of this blush is lovely, very light, and it is easily bendable. Unfortunately I am an nc15 and this colour is far too dark for me and I find it near impossible to blend it out enough for it to be wearable.
HOWEVER, I absolutely love this product as a lip tint. It comes out a lovely subtle red on my lips. It feels so nice too, like I've just got a light lip balm on. It gives a satin finish but for a matte finish just blot it with a tissue and hey presto! A matte lip colour! Once it's matte it doesn't feel like anything is on your lips and doesn't transfer as badly as lipstick does. It never gets patchy, however much you eat and drink! I can't believe what a great lip product this is, especially considering it's not supposed to be a lip product (though illamasqua are a creative brand that likes their products to be experimented with so make everything very versatile) I struggle to find lip products that don't cake on my super dry lips (I need a few days notice to exfoliate and mega moisturise my lips to wear lipstick) but this looks lovely!
If it were a lighter colour it would make a lovely blush too, so if buying for that reason do not fear! It is an excellent blush. But give it a try on your lips! You'll be pleased with the result.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I am ELATED! I'm elated because I got this gorgeous blush for FREE from the Illamasqua site (with free shipping) as part of their Christmas promotion. I would have NEVER chosen this color on my own (I tend to avoid mauves, pinks, reds, etc.), but I am so glad I have it in my makeup bag now!

This looks GORGEOUS on and gives me such a healthy glow when applied to the apples of the cheek with a light hand. I think this color is amazing and better suited for darker girls as applying it to pale skin without it being too heavy/dark could be difficult. I am an NC42/43 with VERY strong yellow undertones and this is so beautiful and natural on but can even be too dark for me if I over apply.

The formula is fab and it seems to last for hours without re-applying. I am sold! I just wish they had a few warm colors that were this deep (the warms are all super pale). I would snatch these up in multiples in a heartbeat even at this price (they have sales often), if I thought another color would work, but with no Illamasqua counter within hours, I won't know until I get to London next year to play - and what fun that will be!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by LadyKolie

My skin is NC/NW 07-10 or Nars Sheer Glow Mont Blanc.
I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances.

So far I have had no immediate issue with skin reactions or acne using this blush.

This Product has not caused my any issues with my skin. Since it is November I thought I would try out some cream pigments on my skin, because I noticed that my skin was getting drier this fall that usual. I had read quite a very review on how cream blushes can look incredibly natural. I received this blush from my Sephora illamaqua Mystery box, along with some other amazing products I will soon review. I was a little concerned about the level of pigment this blush contained on such pale skin as mine. So I used a little. A little goes a long, long way on pale skin. I tried my fingers but since this is the first cream blush I have used I had a little difficulty controlling it this way. So next time, I tried a brush, much better, but seriously a little goes a long way. I barely touched the brush in and had enough pigment to do both cheeks with some left over. I had to grab a different brush to blend with because it is so pigmented. I do not find this to be a draw back. Just hopefully I can use all of the product before it goes bad. (creams go bad quicker than powders, if powders ever do actually go bad, but still it will take years. I am not even use I can use all of this blush in years.) I also purchased another cream blush in Rude, but I have not used it yet. I will review it as well when I have used it.

Betray can be made to look incredibly natural even on pale skin. Don't be afraid of the pigmentation. You will just get more for your money. It is extremely blend-able, and build-able color. I have had Zero problems with this lasting all day on my skin without a setting powder or spray of any kind, however it is fall. I do not know what the staying power is like in a North Carolina Summer, and I will update this review when summer comes around again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is full of surprises:
I agree with all the other reviewers this is so natural looking...which is surprising because I'm NC45 with quite yellow toned skin.
I was surprised when the MA gave this to me (it looked far too pink) and warned me about how pigmented it was.
I was even more surprised when she put it on and it looked so natural. dark skinned ladies there is a strong brown lean in this and it will not look ashy it has a dewy finish that blends into the skin and is very forgiving - this is literally the same kind of flush I get when I've drunk too much wine.
Furthermore this is a great lip colour - not drying and surprise! its similar to Benefit's la la land.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

Great neutral mauve, that just makes it into the warm zone. This looks so "for real", that people keep asking me if I got a sunburn. But it is not too bright or over the top. Color does not fade for hours. Not too greasy. Very easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by siobhaan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fabulous blusher for fair girls, especially for winter as it has the perfect "just in from the cold" flush. It is extremley pigmented and very long wearing, I use a 187 brush and just barley touch it to the surface of the blusher and still have to wipe off excess. Brilliant value for money as it will last for so long.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mimita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have several Illamasqua blushes, both powder and cream. I love them all, they're fabulous shades and great quality. This is a more recent addition to my collection, because before seeing it in real life I thought the shade was more suited for darker complexions. Wrong. I'm very fair (NC15) and this blush gives me the most perfect and realistic flush ever. In the pan it can look a bit muddy, but on your cheeks it really comes to life. I'm a big fan of these cream blushes: very pigmented, lightweight and easy to apply (I use a Mac 188). A similar shade is Seduce, though Betray is warmer, while Seduce is cooler and more on the raspberry side.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mskilicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This one blush has practically replaced my entire blush stash. The shade is absolutely perfect for me, it brightens and "lifts" my face while looking totally natural. A doddle to apply with fingers or a brush, never streaks or clumps, and allows for ample play time. I tend to use a mac angled brush (168se maybe?) and one tap on the surface does both cheeks, but I do use fingers if I'm traveling. Despite being a cream blush, this has excellent staying power and lasts all day without touch ups (a day for me is up to 18 hrs). I find this the easiest blush that I own to work with - shade, texture and longevity are all perfect.

The shade's already been well described but just to add that on me, it closely resembles Rose Dust JC, which was my go-to before I purchased this. Obviously the texture and finish are different, but I prefer Betray because it's just so completely foolproof.

I have quite reactive skin but this has never caused me any problems. I really, really love this blush!

Me: normal/dry, sensitive, light, cool-toned skin (NW15-20ish, Chantecaille Ivory New Stick, Chanel Nude), blue eyes, dark hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by GlindaGoodWitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Attention my super pale sisters: do not let the color in the pan or description scare you! I agree with PP - this is super pigmented and yet so forgiving and easy to work with at the same time. It gives me the most natural flush and lasts all day. *swoon*