April 20, 2014 | 2051 users online

Powder - Illamasqua - Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by kitchiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this powder! I do wear quite heavy coverage because I have acne scarring so If you don't want a heavy coverage I would probably try a different powder by Illamasqua like the loose or pressed powders, but if you want heavy coverage or to actually use it on it's own rather than over liquid foundation it's great!
Smells amazing too like a creamy vanilla cake or something ^_^
I bought this in Sydney about 6 months ago, use it lightly every day and about 3/4 of the product left!
Affordable price too and came with a little powder puff which i don't use but its nice they include it.

I apply my foundations with a duo fibre, then I use real techniques powder brush to really press the powder in around my nose and under my eyes then using a big, loose kabuki brush apply lightly every where else to set the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is actually the first powder I have bought so my review may be a little biased however I really like this product. I use this to set my liquid foundation rather than wearing it alone and it produces a lovely base. It lasts well on the skin during the day and I am fairly oily so that's a massive plus for me. I have broke out since using this product but I tend to at random times so it could be a total coincidence, other than that I love using this powder and would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Vanillablood

this isnt the worst powder foundation ive used but its not the best and half of my life has been spent trying powder foundations :)

i have combination (but mostly oily) skin . i like powder foundations because they are just quick and easy to apply. i generally use a concealer under eyes and on any little blemishes then a couple of layers of a powder foundation applied with kabuki brush. which can be done in about 2min.

so this one hmmm well once i started to swirl a brush or sponge in it i noticed it was so fine and alot of it did get wasted as it was just messy and dont drop it of it will definately crack up very easily. i gave it a fair try you can build up a medium coverage but not really full. if you try for full coverage it dries your face out too much and looks very powder. its very average can get cakey and doesn't really last that well. i did try it with different moisturiser, primers and application as i always do but the out come was the same. for the price its a very average powder foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by tamaragoodwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation is really nice for oily skin and getting the best coverage. I purchased this after the Illamasqua rich foundation in 240 and I love using both. I'll use the liquid foundation and set the foundation with the powder foundation. Use both very lightly because you don't need that much. I have a lot of acne marks and it covers everything. I'm constantly told I don't have skin problems until I take off my makeup. I love applying this powder with my sephora kabuki brush. It gives me a flawless look with the technique I use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Magpie13

I love this foundation. When you first apply it it looks a little cakey, but wait half an hour for it to blend with the natural oils in your skin and it looks flawless - lasts really long too. Its quite the multitasker too - I use a very light layer to set my liquid foundations (I vary my formula depending on my mood) or build it up in layers to get medium to heavy coverage for nights out.

The only problem is that the packaging is awful - big and awkward looking, and don't even get me started on how easily the powder cake itself breaks. Forget being able to carry it round with you - it will shatter and spill everywhere. I've bought it four times and it has broken on four separate occasions. I only keep going back as it is so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Use a sigma sigmas flat top or round kabuki with this, blend very well, too me awhile to figure illamasqua foundations out. They do smear, but do not break me out and glue into my skin. It sits on your skins I'll more, which is ok if you pay attention to what it's doin though the day. Main perk for me is the color 115 beautiful for yellowy/ pale skin, really hard for me to find color that works, illamasqua is the best at skin tones!!! Make sure your skin is well hydrated and exfoliated before using their foundations or it will flake way too much and look cakey. Sometimes it gets like this around my dry nose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this in the sale for 10, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. I got shade 140, which is what I have in rich liquid and is perfect - in this foundation and the light liquid it is much lighter. Usable though.

I don't hate this foundation - it's useful to put on when I'm in a rush and I only have a 3 hour shift to work - but's it's not worth it for a full day. I don't want to take it out as several people have said it's not too sturdy, but it needs several applications throughout the day to stay looking nice. It cakes over liquid foundation as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by gunmetalboy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this powder with the Illamasqua Powder brush, gives very smooth finish and medium coverage. I love it! it is so soft and silky lasts all day i even wear to the gym. it doesn't look dry and flaky, which i find MAC usually looks cake around my nose. Love the packaging and you get so much !! will be using this powder forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by siobhaan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Use this over liquid foundation to set and add a little bit of extra coverage on bad skin days and when I need it to last all day. If the compact wasn't so gorgeous I'd probably find it anthing pariculay remarkable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Color: pf105 (light pink). I got this in, saw that it really isn't a skin tone sort of light pink, but a pastel pink like benefit's dandelion, and completely forgot to return it. The one time I tried it on my face, it seemed to go on a bit unevenly and was hard to blend. Currently, I use it to set Kat Von D's porcelain concealer in body makeup situations. I can vouch for the other reviewers who call it too soft, because I was able to "grind" quite a bit off with a very soft brush to tone a homemade tinted moisturizer concoction. Overall, it's a very specialized product. If you have a genuine need for this shade, I would definitely try to stock up. I don't see this being economically viable to keep in the line for a long time.
ETA: I would like to note that you should use caution if just going by the website previews on Illamasqua's site. Even though they are shown on models, my impression of the color was that is was much more natural than it was. Whether that is due to my not being a MUA, or Photoshop, I couldn't tell you. Try to sample this first if at all possible.