November 20, 2014 | 1743 users online

Masks - Clinique - Acne Solutions Oil Control Cleansing Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by SuanWhite

I don't like this product. I didn't see any "oil-control" affect. If you regularly use this mask, at least 4 or 5 times you will see a little, little bit "oil-control". But what will happen if you forget it just 1 time? Your face will produce more oil than before. Idk if it's just me or not.
Give it 3 stars because at least I didn't break out. I have a combination, very sensitive skin. But will not purchase again, so waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by jjquan

For some reason my face started to severely break out and I thought that I would give this product a try. I religiously used it every 2-3 nights and it helped clear up and tighten up my skin. I did not find that it dried out my skin, but I made sure to moisturize afterwards. I wouldn't say that it stopped all my skin eruptions, but I feel that it definitely helps keep them down to a minimal whenever it's not that time of month (nothing seems to help me then!). One thing that I did find about this product is if I go longer than 3 days without doing a mask, my skin erupts, so I don't know what it is in this mask that helps keep the skin clear. I have already repurchased this mask three times already and keep as part of my mask arsenal.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Jewel15iam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me, the whole clinique brand is way too drying and harsh on my skin. This mask was okay... It honestly didn't do much but make my skin dry. Bc it was dry, even though I moisturized it, it became even more oily. The outcome? Breakout. I wouldn't recommend wasting your money. If you want to try a new clay mask, try aztec healing clay.. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am wearing this mask as I type this review. I have used this mask several times since I have purchased it, but I just now rediscovered it in my collection. This mask makes my skin really soft. I don't think it does much to help with my blemishes as my skin does not respond to salicyclic acid. I use this after my boscia clear complexion cleanser and before the proactiv plus pore treatment. I feel that for a weekly mask it does help my skin. I may repurchase if I don't find something better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Whoa, mama! This is one strong kaolin mask. And it contains 1% salicylic acid too. Using this, it reminded me of the old Deep Cleansing Emergency Mask that Clinique used to make years ago. Long story short, it's HARSH.
This mask made my skin irritated and red. It did help my acne by drying out my existing blemishes, but it also seemed to bring some stuff up to the surface and caused a couple of new breakouts. Overall I give this product two lippies instead of one because it does what it's supposed to, but it's just way too hardcore.
I don't even have particularly sensitive skin but I'll be steering clear of this in the future.
Won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by nadiachengx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, a waste of $19. Not only did this mask not clear my skin, it caused acne development within half a week. Now i've got 7 zits on my forehead and 3 around my mouth. This was absolutely useless. Do not purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have early-onset rosacea (flushing, itchy papules that erupt in the center of my face when my skin is irritated) and hormonal acne. My monthly breakouts and general inflammation are tamed with a combination of birth control, Finacea, and Metrogel. Thanks to these products, my skin is clear and smooth 95% of the time.

The other 5% I spend trying to quell minor monthly breakouts. The reactive nature of my skin has driven me away from salicylic acid products and anything that could be remotely drying, such as a mask.

I bought this product on a whim, having had some past success with Clinique products, and I actually love it.

I think the problem a lot of people have when they buy masks is that they are expecting instant results. You can't put something on your face, leave it on for 5 minutes, wash it off, and expect to reveal clear skin. It doesn't work that way. Most acne products take months of regular use before the patient sees any benefit (it took 8 months before birth control completely cleared my skin).

This mask isn't going to wipe out your zits or red marks. What it will do, if it is suited to your skin type, is make your skin smoother and help heal any existing inflammation. It can be drying, so I only use it once a week, and I tend to only apply it only on problem/oily areas (chin, forehead, jawline). If I have a swollen papule or pustule, I will spot treat at night with this mask, moisturize, and wake up with less inflammation.

This mask doesn't cause flushing for me but others might find it irritating.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by katiecat12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product creates more problems than it solves.
I was a devoted fan of Clinique's Deep Cleansing Emergency Mask. It was so effective at helping to keep my skin clear and pores clean, I stocked up on several tubes to have it on hand as long as possible. I finally ran out, and thought - Clinique couldn't have changed the formula that much with their Acne Solutions Mask...Probably just a little updating here and there....Ugh! Not the case! While my former favorite mask was good at both pulling up toxins from pores and drying breakouts, the Acne Solutions Oil Control Cleansing Mask is all about pulling stuff up to the surface but not drying anything out. So, you're left with clogged, and even bumpy looking skin that needs a good extraction session, and full on assault from acne drying products. Its a great way to get people to buy into the whole Clinique Acne Solutions line, as this mask will make you desperate to get your smooth healthy skin back.
Since everyone, young and old, seems to be struggling with some sort of acne these days, my guess is they changed the mask to cater to more of a combo/oily type of skin, rather than a real acne sufferer. Without the drying aspect, more people can use this mask without irritation. You know- People with normally perfect skin with the occasional breakout. If you are someone with frequent breakouts, or true oily skin, stay away! For now, I've ordered some pure bentonite clay to mix in with the "balancing" kaolin that this mask offers to help boost the oil absorbing and drying properties.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by tiantianz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It works: made my pores a little smaller, although it also was a bit too drying.
Downside: stings a lot, more than the Kiehl's Deep Pore Cleansing Mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

I've always had a colourful past with Clinique products. Their acne 3-step line completely destroyed my skin, the cleanser and toner irritated and the moisturiser did absolutely nothing. This product however is probably the only product of their whole skincare range that I didn't absolutely hate with a fiery passion. That being said I didn't love it either, because it is just a very basic oil controlling mask. It contains salicylic acid which is nice, and the texture of the mask was great. It also tightened to a very solid layer which was good as well, but aside from this, nothing was special about it, and for that price you would expect something other than commonplace ingredients. I think my disdain for Clinique products will stay, I'm really not into it.