Clinique Acne Solutions Oil Control Cleansing Mask

3.6

Active: Salicylic Acid (1%), Other: Water, Kaolin, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Gentian Root Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Sucrose, Matricaria, Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Powder, Acetyl Glucosamine, Inulin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Capryl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best product for acne I have ever come across. I slather this on my face after wetting it, be careful because a lot of product comes out with one squeeze, and let it sit on my face for 10-15 minutes. After washing it, most of my pimples have become sort of scab like, meaning if i move it, it'll fall off. When I wake up in the morning, my face is much smoother and pimples have shrunk a ton. I just love how effective this product is, because evry product breaks my face out like crazy. So, GO BUY IT!!!

on 1/6/2015 1:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my HG mask. For as long as i can remember, I have sensitive skin (and also eczema till 16 years old) and acne (have been seeing my derm since i was 11). This is one of the only masks that works for me. My pimples get smaller and all the gunk comes out after using the mask. Combined with my regular monthly facials, my skin has improved tremendously. I use this mask only once a week as I have other hydrating/ brightening masks to use and the combination of masks works for me.

This is my HG face mask. I have tried all sorts, Dermalogica, Ormorovicza, Body Shop the list is endless but I always have this in my arsenal and use it once a week.

Initially you will find it does bring up spots up to the surface because it's drawing out the impurities in your skin (that's the idea of a mask) but with regular use it will calm and balance your skin, me sing break outs become less.

I use it every Sunday night and use facial scrubs twice during the week and it seems to be a routine that has stabilised my combination skin. I still get hormonal spots on my chin/under the skin but that's due to the amount of chocolate I eat before my period. I cut down on that and I hardly get any reaction to hormones,so it's obviously doing something right!!

on 10/22/2014 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this product. I didn't see any "oil-control" affect. If you regularly use this mask, at least 4 or 5 times you will see a little, little bit "oil-control". But what will happen if you forget it just 1 time? Your face will produce more oil than before. Idk if it's just me or not.
Give it 3 stars because at least I didn't break out. I have a combination, very sensitive skin. But will not purchase again, so waste of money.

on 9/7/2014 12:11:00 AM

For some reason my face started to severely break out and I thought that I would give this product a try. I religiously used it every 2-3 nights and it helped clear up and tighten up my skin. I did not find that it dried out my skin, but I made sure to moisturize afterwards. I wouldn't say that it stopped all my skin eruptions, but I feel that it definitely helps keep them down to a minimal whenever it's not that time of month (nothing seems to help me then!). One thing that I did find about this product is if I go longer than 3 days without doing a mask, my skin erupts, so I don't know what it is in this mask that helps keep the skin clear. I have already repurchased this mask three times already and keep as part of my mask arsenal.

on 8/6/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For me, the whole clinique brand is way too drying and harsh on my skin. This mask was okay... It honestly didn't do much but make my skin dry. Bc it was dry, even though I moisturized it, it became even more oily. The outcome? Breakout. I wouldn't recommend wasting your money. If you want to try a new clay mask, try aztec healing clay.. I love it!

on 8/1/2014 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I am wearing this mask as I type this review. I have used this mask several times since I have purchased it, but I just now rediscovered it in my collection. This mask makes my skin really soft. I don't think it does much to help with my blemishes as my skin does not respond to salicyclic acid. I use this after my boscia clear complexion cleanser and before the proactiv plus pore treatment. I feel that for a weekly mask it does help my skin. I may repurchase if I don't find something better.

on 6/18/2014 10:08:00 AM

Whoa, mama! This is one strong kaolin mask. And it contains 1% salicylic acid too. Using this, it reminded me of the old Deep Cleansing Emergency Mask that Clinique used to make years ago. Long story short, it's HARSH.
This mask made my skin irritated and red. It did help my acne by drying out my existing blemishes, but it also seemed to bring some stuff up to the surface and caused a couple of new breakouts. Overall I give this product two lippies instead of one because it does what it's supposed to, but it's just way too hardcore.
I don't even have particularly sensitive skin but I'll be steering clear of this in the future.
Won't buy again.

on 5/31/2014 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Honestly, a waste of $19. Not only did this mask not clear my skin, it caused acne development within half a week. Now i've got 7 zits on my forehead and 3 around my mouth. This was absolutely useless. Do not purchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have early-onset rosacea (flushing, itchy papules that erupt in the center of my face when my skin is irritated) and hormonal acne. My monthly breakouts and general inflammation are tamed with a combination of birth control, Finacea, and Metrogel. Thanks to these products, my skin is clear and smooth 95% of the time.

The other 5% I spend trying to quell minor monthly breakouts. The reactive nature of my skin has driven me away from salicylic acid products and anything that could be remotely drying, such as a mask.

I bought this product on a whim, having had some past success with Clinique products, and I actually love it.

I think the problem a lot of people have when they buy masks is that they are expecting instant results. You can't put something on your face, leave it on for 5 minutes, wash it off, and expect to reveal clear skin. It doesn't work that way. Most acne products take months of regular use before the patient sees any benefit (it took 8 months before birth control completely cleared my skin).

This mask isn't going to wipe out your zits or red marks. What it will do, if it is suited to your skin type, is make your skin smoother and help heal any existing inflammation. It can be drying, so I only use it once a week, and I tend to only apply it only on problem/oily areas (chin, forehead, jawline). If I have a swollen papule or pustule, I will spot treat at night with this mask, moisturize, and wake up with less inflammation.

This mask doesn't cause flushing for me but others might find it irritating.

Popular Masks