Clinique Acne Solutions Oil Control Cleansing Mask

3.6

Active: Salicylic Acid (1%), Other: Water, Kaolin, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Gentian Root Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Sucrose, Matricaria, Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Powder, Acetyl Glucosamine, Inulin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Capryl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide

I used this clay mask for about a year and a half. It's decent as a spot treatment in reducing size of pimples/overall inflammation, but to be honest, there are better clay masks out there, such as the fresh umbrian clay mask that I've begun to use recently (more expensive, but better results).

The clay mask seems to neither super positively enhance nor worsen my skin so I can't say much about it except for that I'm neutral about this product.

Could buy better clay masks, but if you're looking for a decent one for around 50-60$, this one should do the trick fairly well.

I leave on for 10 minutes and I feel so fresh and clean after

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first review in make up alley. I always consult make up alley before buying any skin care and cosmetic products. This time I'm writing my first review here because I'm SO IN LOVE with this product. I noticed huge improvement in my skin. My acnes began to disappear especially in my jawline which previously was so difficult to get rid of. I also notice that my skin is not oily anymore. I never use blotting paper anymore. I guess it has something to do with salicylic acid and clay in it. My skin is so sensitive and it can only accept salicylic acid for acne treatment. Everytime I used BP or tritenoin my skin got flaky. People said that they use this mask 2 times a week. But I actually use it every night or every 2 nights. Because I used a very hydrating cleanser and serum from artistry hydra-V line before and after this mask. So my skin stays hydrated despite frequent use of this mask. I'm on my second tube and this mask will continue to stay in my pouch.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best product for acne I have ever come across. I slather this on my face after wetting it, be careful because a lot of product comes out with one squeeze, and let it sit on my face for 10-15 minutes. After washing it, most of my pimples have become sort of scab like, meaning if i move it, it'll fall off. When I wake up in the morning, my face is much smoother and pimples have shrunk a ton. I just love how effective this product is, because evry product breaks my face out like crazy. So, GO BUY IT!!!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my HG mask. For as long as i can remember, I have sensitive skin (and also eczema till 16 years old) and acne (have been seeing my derm since i was 11). This is one of the only masks that works for me. My pimples get smaller and all the gunk comes out after using the mask. Combined with my regular monthly facials, my skin has improved tremendously. I use this mask only once a week as I have other hydrating/ brightening masks to use and the combination of masks works for me.

This is my HG face mask. I have tried all sorts, Dermalogica, Ormorovicza, Body Shop the list is endless but I always have this in my arsenal and use it once a week.

Initially you will find it does bring up spots up to the surface because it's drawing out the impurities in your skin (that's the idea of a mask) but with regular use it will calm and balance your skin, me sing break outs become less.

I use it every Sunday night and use facial scrubs twice during the week and it seems to be a routine that has stabilised my combination skin. I still get hormonal spots on my chin/under the skin but that's due to the amount of chocolate I eat before my period. I cut down on that and I hardly get any reaction to hormones,so it's obviously doing something right!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this product. I didn't see any "oil-control" affect. If you regularly use this mask, at least 4 or 5 times you will see a little, little bit "oil-control". But what will happen if you forget it just 1 time? Your face will produce more oil than before. Idk if it's just me or not.
Give it 3 stars because at least I didn't break out. I have a combination, very sensitive skin. But will not purchase again, so waste of money.

For some reason my face started to severely break out and I thought that I would give this product a try. I religiously used it every 2-3 nights and it helped clear up and tighten up my skin. I did not find that it dried out my skin, but I made sure to moisturize afterwards. I wouldn't say that it stopped all my skin eruptions, but I feel that it definitely helps keep them down to a minimal whenever it's not that time of month (nothing seems to help me then!). One thing that I did find about this product is if I go longer than 3 days without doing a mask, my skin erupts, so I don't know what it is in this mask that helps keep the skin clear. I have already repurchased this mask three times already and keep as part of my mask arsenal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

For me, the whole clinique brand is way too drying and harsh on my skin. This mask was okay... It honestly didn't do much but make my skin dry. Bc it was dry, even though I moisturized it, it became even more oily. The outcome? Breakout. I wouldn't recommend wasting your money. If you want to try a new clay mask, try aztec healing clay.. I love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I am wearing this mask as I type this review. I have used this mask several times since I have purchased it, but I just now rediscovered it in my collection. This mask makes my skin really soft. I don't think it does much to help with my blemishes as my skin does not respond to salicyclic acid. I use this after my boscia clear complexion cleanser and before the proactiv plus pore treatment. I feel that for a weekly mask it does help my skin. I may repurchase if I don't find something better.

Popular Masks