April 16, 2014 | 1564 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Shimmer Blush in Pink Coral

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After seeing the positive reviews of this, I had to see it for myself. After several recent duds, I was afraid to order any BB product online - just seems like the swatches on her site are way off. I couldn't believe how pretty this was when I saw it in person. The name is accurate - it is a bright, warm, corally pink with lots of almost-undetectable microshimmer that gives it a subtle glow. It's very similar to Bare Escentuals Fruit Cocktail loose blush, and brightens my pale (NC15), yellow-undertoned skin in a very cheerful way. The BB one has a more refined texture, more shimmer, is less bright, and leans more orange than the BE one. It's very heavily pigmented, so that's a challenge because I'm so fair. It's really beautiful and I've been reaching for it daily. I almost never like warm-toned blushes as they are generally unflattering with my yellow undertones (they make me look sallow) but this one is pink enough that it works and the color is definitely special. The pink in it is pretty dark and can look red when I apply too much so I avoid the center of my face and apply it lightly. Be warned: this does that weird blush thing where it looks like you need more so you keep adding layers, then you come back to the mirror 5 minutes later and you look like a clown. On me, it looks like I'm having a major rosacea flare when I overdo this. If you're fair, just be sure to go easy at first and give it a few minutes to develop the color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

like the reviewer before, i specifically told the SA that i do not like or want any shimmer/glitter in my blushes. i was looking for a new peachy/coral blush. she insisted i try this one. i was very alarmed because it looks SO PINK in the pan and i could totally see the shimmer! but once she put it on my face it was a beautiful peachy color. SO pigmented. so much in fact that i can only wear this at night. the gold shimmer is very fine and not over powering so i dont mind it, but again, only for going out at night. not sure if i would repuchase because i dont reach for it much (i use my nars gina and illamasqua lover more) but its a beautiful buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by harrup

I'll join the raves. I don't do coral and I don't do sparkles/glitter. Both of which I told the lady on the BB counter when shopping for a new blush. She kept urging me to try Pink Coral and I'm thrilled I did try...and buy. That blush has the silkiest, most velvety feel, great pigmentation and whilst the gold sparkles do look alarming in the pan they, surprisingly, only leave a very subtle shimmer, just enough to enliven the skin in a really flattering, youthful way. Most astounding of all - I have large visible pores and this blush, despite the shimmer, doesn't settle into them or accentuate them. Brilliant! Personally would describe this colour as "believable MCBB ( my cheeks but much better) pink with a touch of coral". Or at least this is how it appears on my warm fair/medium complexion.

And if all of this wasn't good enough - I am a real klutz and forever dropping my make-up. This blush already survived several falls onto the bathroom tiles. From where it emerged...completely intact and unharmed.

Good work, BB!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a super-wearable "coral" being that it is a LOT of pink. Being as cool as my coloring is, I can't really pull off a true coral, but get tired of wearing the "same ol" pinks. This one is the answer to what I was looking for! SO gorgeous- A very pink-y coral with lots of golden micro-shimmer. It brightens up my face just perfectly! It gives me a bit of warmth, but not too warm for a NW20 pale lady like myself :) Pretty highly pigmented and I hardly have to pack it on... a little goes a long way for sure! This was my first BB Blush and I am super impressed. I almost thought this might look a lot like NARS Super Orgasm, and it may be somewhat similar, but this one is brighter and pink-er. Which I love. *I also want to give props to Karla Sugar for her awesome website with detailed swatches of just about every makeup you could want for- that is where I saw this shade and fell in love and then had to have it. Her arm is so damn HELPFUL!! Thank you!!*

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by theaccidentalbeauty

This is one of my favorite coral blushes. It needs more love! It really warms up my skin, and makes me look all glowy in the summer. In the pan, it may look frightening, especially with the golden glitters, but if you use a light hand.. the results will be amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been trying to stick to only BB as most other lines have been largely flops for me; BB seems to have a consistent method to her madness that works out very to be very flattering.

I was initially skeptical of the shimmer, and I do believe the shimmer in this can vary widely (I have her Bahama Brown Shimmer blush and the shimmer in that seems more apparent as well as in Washed Rose). However, the shimmer in this doesn't show up at all, perhaps just as a glisten if at all. This is a really bright pink-coral in the pan, but the yellow undertone sinks into my skin and grounds the color, giving it a bit of a softer, more natural look. The undertone prevents this shade from looking like it's just sitting very conspicuously on top of your own natural coloring. This just wears like a bright, healthy pink with subtle coral. I was worried if I had her Maui Illuminating bronzer that I wouldn't need this, but this is considerably more heavily pigmented and brighter. (Maui is tamer, lighter, and has a golden glisten. If you want more of a coral shimmer, I'd recommend this blush with her Nectar shimmer brick on top). A light hand is all you need with this. Really does a great job to liven up your cheeks and give a bit of a beachy warmth. Has the same brightening effect as some of her other bright blushes, but this is more of a yellow-pink so I'd recommend for all except extremely fair and cool. This is great for yellow-toned ladies who cannot find a coral that suits them without turning orangey. If you want a pink-coral, this is it. I was worried if I had Nectar, this would be obsolete, but Nectar is a more muted and less bright pink-coral compared with this. If you loved Nectar and Maui, and want something with a wee bit more punch, I'd highly recommend this one. Great for a brighter, blush-centric look for a fresh face. I'd be careful if using a colorful eye shade with this, might be too much for lighter skin types. I had pretty much sworn off corals until BB, but she makes corals that really work.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Truly a unique color ~ I love this! It has shimmer, but it is "grown up" shimmer...enough to make you glow. The color is a gorgeous pink coral, highly pigmented without being overly orange or peachy. It is long lasting but I usually touch up most blushes within 4 hours or so out of habit. Some coral blushes look strange on my medium/cool skintone but this one is amazing. Gives me a bright flush of color without looking like a clown or orange. Definitely one of my favorites ~ definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by suliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Bobbi Brown makes some of the best blushers out there. I have a couple of her Pot Rouges and non-shimmer blushers. I purchased this shade based on recommendation I got at the Bobbi Brown counter. Before this, I avoid blushers with shimmers at all costs!! I just think it looks unnatural. I've seen unsightly shimmers on many women's faces, and it's a shame!!! I'm just not the sparkly blusher kind of girl! Hehe...

The MA suggested this shade and I was initially unimpressed when I looked at it in the pan. There were tiny GOLD shimmers! The shade seemed too bright and shimmery in the pan. The friendly MA applied it while I had a mirror in my my hand, and I saw my face transforming! I compared the side of my cheek that had this blusher on with the other side... it looked amazing! I use Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in shade 2.5 (Warm Sand), Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation in shade 2 (Sand) and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in shade intensity 2. This blusher looks amazing in photos. It makes me look rosy and glowy (not oily or sparkly). A little goes a long way with this blusher, so I layer it on very carefully usings Ecotools blusher brush (which I find works a little better than my Bobbi Brown blusher brush). Now this is the blusher I use most frequently!

The shimmers in this blush are really tiny and totally invisible once applied. Now I've realised that Bobbi's shimmer blush actually brings out a lovely glow, which was lacking in the non-shimmer ones. I still love her non-shimmers blushers though...because , like this one that I'm reviewing, they are very finely milled and come in flattering shades. Moreover, they are highly pigmented and last a really, really long time. They last a long time on the face, as well as in the pan!! I haven't hit the pan in ANY of my Bobbi Brown blushers despite using them often. Being highly pigmented, her blushers are worth the splurge. I'd most likely buy this blusher again if I run out or lost it, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon! ;-D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Finally...the perfect pink for my medium beige with yellow skin. It has just enough coral to warm it up, taking out any hints of lavender/purple, but leaving out any orange. Compared to Coral shimmer blush, Coral leans to orange with a hint of pink, while this is heavy on the pink with a hint of coral. BB's Pale Pink blush actually looks purple next to this, and Pink Sugar shimmer blush is a much lighter shade and a lot cooler. The shimmer is mild and doesn't accentuate my pores like most shimmers do. Its really pigmented and easily picked up with a brush. I apply with MAC's 188, which picks up just the right amount, and buff it into my cheekbones (which I think takes away a lot of the potential shimmer). It just warms and brightens my whole face. Very happy to be wearing pink!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

The reason I gave this blush a 5 is because I have never seen another color like it from any high-end (or drugstore) brand. Its a bright pinky-coral which in my mind is THE perfect color for my medium toned with yellow undertoned skin, especially when I have a tan. it is not orange at all which is really nice. It goes amazingly well with a variety of lipglosses including BB pink blossom. (haven't tried it yet with any NARS glosses but I imagine it would look great with Frisky summer).
You definitely need to use a light hand when applying because the color is highly pigmented. Too much and you look like you have a rash. I like to put it on with a small blush brush and then put one light dusting of NARS laguna bronzer on top. I wore this when wedding dress shopping in early september and it was really perfect.