September 2, 2014 | 1514 users online

Loose Powders - Pearl powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by daty

I've been using Pearl Powder on my skin as well as taking it orally. I have a beauty tips web show and my latest episode I reviewed Pearl Powder benefits for skin and health. I do not talk about and I don't mention any specific brand of Pearl Powder. I just made the video to educate people about the benefits of Pearl Powder. So feel free to watch it if you want to learn my personal experience using Pearl Powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use pearl powder as a primer before I put on my mineral makeup. I brush it on right after I have moisturised. It mattifies my skin , makes pores less visible and helps my mmu adhere better. It somehow gives my face a subtle glow but no shimmer.
I also use it mixed in equal parts with silk powder as a finishing product. It works much better at getting rid of shine than any commercial powders or mineral veils I have tried.
The added bonus is that it is a pure product and I have noticed my skin is more even toned since I have been using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought my 100% pure pearl powder from a reputable local seller off ebay. It was 7 dollars for 1.9 ounces. I was reading some articles about how pearl powder is great for acne prone skin, as well as aging skin. It contains about 20-26 (depending on the source) amino acids, plus protein and calcium. It's claimed that the nutrients in pearl powder is readily absorbed into the skin cells. It also has healing properties, and has been used on wounds in china to help speed healing. Anyway, I use mine several ways. The first is a mask, I just mix it with water, or even just apply the powder straight to my face. I noticed the first day 2 horrible zits I had went down by about 80%. My blackheads were less noticeable and my skin was not oily. This is supposed to refine the texture of skin and lighten spots as well. For me, it does this. I apply it at night now as an over all treatment and although it's drying, it made a drastic improvement in my skin. I use CeraVe cream during the day to help the dryness I experience. There's a lot of info on pearl powder, including the last empress of china using it, and being known for her gorgeous complexion. I also use it under my powder makeup, it helps it stay on longer and helps the oil production. Overall, I love it. I was a skeptic, but now a believer. Differin wasn't doing what I wanted, and this made up for the lacking blemish control. Not to mention my skin is healing at an amazing rate, scars included. My skin isn't luminous, but it's getting there. Love!
Edit: oops! forgot to mention this is an amazing spot treament if you just make a paste with water and apply it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Valerie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for Garden of Wisdom's super fine pearl powder. I really like this product. I am wearing it as a loose powder. It is the perfect substitute for talc. It has a very nice finish to it and absorbs oil well. I can't feel it on my skin and it has no smell or dust particles flying around, unlike talc or silica powders. There is a very slight whitish tint to it, which is good for me, but it may need to be mixed with something for darker skins. I haven't had it long enough to see if it helps get rid of hyperpigmentation. Will update later if it does.