October 22, 2014 | 1848 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Lipstick - 065 Hooked on Pink

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There was a sale on Maybelline at CVS - I primarily wanted the Red Revivial lipstick and decided I should seriously consider a pink shade -something I never owned before. I usually do nudes, browns and reds. I went with this one after testing the others. It's now my favorite shade of lipstick. Even my husband compliments me and he usually doesn't notice this kind of stuff! I have olive skin (or fair-skinned Indian) and this really works well on me. It's my first pink tube and I don't think I am going back. I wear this daily -perfect for work! It goes on smooth and doesn't flake off. Almost all lipsticks fade mid-day for me so either reapply or put some sheer powder on lips before applying to make it last.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by dany06

This is a reddish pink. I could even classify it as a red more so than a pink. It covers the lips well and has a nice cream finish. I just dont care for the color. Its blah and gives me a mature look. Its for a very neutral everyday look. Its much darker than what i imagined. I honestly cant tell much difference between it and let me pink. In the tube it looks pinkish but on my lips it turn reddish. A better reddish pink would be Milani naturally chic.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by sylveirettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade is sooooo pretty. A very lovely bright rosy pink that I was afraid would turn out too blue on me, but to my relief it's not! Anything pink seems to go against my complexion and wash me out (doesn't matter whether they're warm pinks or cool ones) because I'm super yellow but I so wanted to be able to wear the color. This is a darker pink that leans more neutral and I'm so happy that it suits me somehow! The formula is really lovely, too. Not exactly lightweight but it packs on a punch of pigmentation yet it doesn't look at all too creamy or heavy on the lips (note the word 'look'. Some creamy lipsticks seem to look heavy on the lips but this one doesn't) It's almost like a sheer lipstick that injects so much color into my lips, if that makes sense lol. It goes on slightly waxy, but it doesn't dry into nasty gunk that leaves disgusting clumped up white residue on the lips after a while. It just fades beautifully leaving behind a very pretty pink stain. Lasts quite long on me, about 5-6 hours (with some light meals and drinks in between) before I feel the need to touch up.

Pros:
- Very beautiful bright rosy pink (Not neon bright, more like muted)
- Lasts for a long time
- The formula is simply a winner! It packs on tons of pigmentation but somehow still looks sheer (almost stain-like, even) and not overly creamy
- Very affordable
- Staining
- Fades evenly

Cons
- Some people are bothered with the scent but fortunately it doesn't bother me that much
- Still on the fence about the, um, cheap-looking (But it's fun somehow) packaging and Maybelline could've done better, I think

Definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Angelseleena

Maybelline has some really nice lipsticks. I love this one! I have an olive complexion with dark hair &a eyes and it really compliments me. I top it off with macs "love nectar". My go to pink !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a versatile MLBB shade, very moist and dewy looking. One sheer layer looks like a fresh pink with slightly mauve undertones (but not at all dead); heavier it looks plummy but not goth. A great d/s find.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would not say that this is a pink lipstick. It is more like a wine color with pinkish undertones. Unfortunately this color washed me out :( it is too severe for my fair and cool complexion (with black hair and brown eyes), I kinda look like a vampire when I wear it LOL. The texture it's ok, on the creamy side, reminds me of the cremesheen finish by MAC. (Anyway, I always wear lipbalm prior to my lipstick, so for me, all lipsticks -no matter the brand- are drying at some point.) I do not find any strong scent, it is a little coconut smell in it but nothing annoying. I can imagine someone with an olive complexion wearing this lipstick on a daily basis to go to the office and would look lovely, but I would not recomend this shade to my snow white fellas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

A very nice hued dark rosy lippie. Nice smell to it. Very modern and expensive looking packaging for a drugstore brand. Delightfully creamy and long lasting. Looks at lot like lancome`s rouge absolute in No 354 rose rhapsodie. I love it. Thick enough to last through a night of salsa dancing

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by wekellyunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great quality but the color is more berry than pink. This color would be prettier on darker skin tones. However I have very light colored skin so it is quite bold in my opinion. Very creamy and very long lasting!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by dingers5

I love love love this lipstick! From the very first swipe I was hooked (bad pun intended! lol) It is a darker rosy pink on me and the color is very opaque so it works well for my pigmented lips. I wear this color almost every day and it is my go to shade. Went to get a back up at Target this weekend as my current tube is on its last and *gasp* it was on clearance for $1.38!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by dididianee

Hm, seems like I'm once again the minority here. This shade was too 'cool' for my skin tone and looked rather odd on me. It came off as more of a hot pink kind of color and so I don't really use it as much as I would like it. Again, like most Color Sensational lipsticks, it applies rather smoothly if you have applied chapstick beforehand. When applied by itself it can be a bit drying and can accentuate flakes.