April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Liquid Lip Shine- 555B Iced Orchid

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by prettyfokused

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this gloss. I've been looking for a nice "go to" pinkish gloss. I'm a dark-brown skinned African-American and I didn't think it would look right on me, but I gave it a try. IT IS AWESOME! No taste, no smell, not sticky, doesn't dry my lips out, and the color lasts. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by alexandrab7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't expect to like this products as much as I do! Lately, I've been loving dome foot applicaters and this definitely feeds to my addiction. And the sent this has! Wow, it smells just like vanilla it reminds me much of the mac lipstick cent. Definitely a product worth checking out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Jennbubbi

I Really Love This Product !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to gloss. It gives a pop of color to my face but also goes with any eyshadow combo I choose to do. It's a perfect pink color for me; for reference, I am fair with brown eyes. It makes my lips so soft, lasts long, and is not too sticky. Plus it is affordable. I would recommend this to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lip glosses of all time! It looks so expensive on, a soft, glowy, shimmery mauvey pink that has the most beautiful shine. Hard to believe it is so cheap. I like quite a few of the NYC Liquid Lip Shines...there is a pink gold one called Dusty Rose, it's very similar to Iced Orchid, only warmer in tone, and then there is Cherrywood, a deeper warm rose color. I also just picked up a color I had not seen before, a non-shimmery raspberry shade. And most recently I bought Sungold Pink, which has the least amount of actual color, but the same pretty shine and shimmer.

As for the scent, it can be strange...but it doesn't really bother me, and I have found that not all of them smell the same. I think - based on my own purchases - that the older tubes have the chemical scent. When I purchase them loose from the display rack, not in a hanging blister pack, they have the chem. smell - but when you buy the ones in the blister pack, they do NOT smell like plastic or chemicals, they have a sort of cotton candy vanilla cake smell...and I think the ones in the blister packs are the newer ones, the ones most recently delivered to the stores. This is just my hunch, of course.

PS: NOW HERE IS A RANT!!!
I really disagree with the reviewer a few reviews down who says that because of the smell, you should open one up at the store and smell it before buying. C'mon, people, we are talking about a lip gloss for less than $2. Just buy the darn thing. You don't ever have to buy another one if the smell bothers you all that much. And if your funds are so low and sense of smell so easily offended that you just can't take a chance, then don't risk buying this lip gloss. There are plenty of others to choose from. Or make sure you purchase it from a store that accepts returns if you find out when you get home that you don't like it. I don't want to come along later to make a purchase and pick up the one you opened and contaminated. And yes, it will be contaminated. Once you have it open to smell it, what's stopping you from dabbing a little on your finger, or even your lips at this point? Yuk. Don't know about everyone else, but I prefer my products to be "virgin" before I put them on my face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this out of impulse for 1$ at my local dollar store and I actually rather like it. It's a cool toned frosty orchid/pink which I really like to wear in the middle of my bottom lower lip to make my lips look full and lucious. It last's a reasonaly long time compared to any lipglosses I've tried. My only complaint is the smell. It had almost a plasticy smell to it which was not appealing so minus a lippie for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by r330achael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love love love this! SO pretty and cheap!! and I love the texture!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by girligirll21

Super surprised with this product....in a good way! I generally only buy high end lip glosses, and cannot think of the last time I bough a drugstore brand. However I saw this at Target, and the color looked gorgeous so I thought for $1.72 there wasn't much to lose. Well I am officially in love. The color is lovely, the gloss is moisturizing and not sticky. True, the smell is very very sweet however better than the chemical smell others have complained about it. It really has no staying power, but I really didn't expect much to begin with. Overall, I will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I didn't expect much since this only cost me $1.79....but I was very pleasantly surprised. This is my favorite gloss at the moment. I love the bright pink color and the formula is wonderful. Not too wet, not too sticky, doesn't bleed, good pigmentation.

The only downside for me is the scent. TOOOO sweet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice shimmery pink neutral tone that borders on the cool side. It is not overly sticky and it makes my lips feel nice. I use products like these to layer over lipsticks to add shine and moisture.

That being said, if/when I do open my own cosmetics company and I start producing lip glosses, i promise not to add ANY scent at all. Scent is a strange thing, and people either like it or they don't. So along with the color, there is the scent that sells the product. It is difficult enough to get consumers to find a color to die for let alone marketing a scent along with it. Not only that, scents are irritating to the skin for some of us, so its an extra unnecessary ingredient.

And, this product is placed on the lip right underneath the nose. the scent better be good, but in this particular item, I feel that it is not. Its a sickening sweet cotton candy scent. Scents don't usually bother me in products, I usually take them as part of the overall experience, but this one is not very nice at all.

Do take a moment to test these products first by opening one and SMELLING it first. If you don't like the scent then don't purchase. unfortunately, its hard to find a gloss that performs decently (like this one) without adding the extra scent along with it.

The packaging style is typical and easy to use, and i like the square design - it doesn't roll off the table when I lay it down. The doefoot applicator is easy to use too, appropriate for this type of product.

This is a decent product, but as far as NYC glosses go, I prefer the new gliders in the long tube. They are scented as well, unfortunately but they outperform this gloss by 100%