December 22, 2014 | 943 users online

Eye Shadow - Inglot - Freedom System - MATTE Eye Shadow (Round and Square)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

I like these shadows a lot but have to go to a faraway Macy's to get them. No fallout, can be used as an eyeliner and last most of the day. No creasing. My only complaint would be the darker colors seem to not be as pigmented and you have to really work to build up the color. Extememly good price, but you definitely have to add the cost of buying the containers to hold them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Doody999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These eyeshadows are as good as Mac but half the price! I was lucky enough to choose my colours in a store so now I have my colours I can reorder on their website. Used with a primer they last all day with no fade, and they apply and blend beautifully. There is one "but" - Inglots' website is so difficult to use, but I have been reliably informed that they are updating it. I will be using these instead of Mac from now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Sassyrred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought my first 5 palette this week due to the raves here. Due to my creepy,hooded eyes, I am finding mattes look the best these days, very sophisticated on my eyes. I spent some time trying each of their matte color selection and came up with 5 that work well for me.

I applied my primer and these lasted all day. They went on nicely and blended well. A nice matte eyeshadow that isn't flat or chalky is difficult to find. I love a couple from MAC, but Inglot has the largest selection of mattes that I have found thus far. The 5 palette was $11 and each shadow $6. I didn't like that you need to buy a palette, as each shadow comes without it's own casing. The palette is pretty weighty as palettes go and personally and the lid of the palette is magnets, which I am ok with but prefer the normal palette latch. Thankfully the palette itself (as you can tell not loving) has nothing to do with the quality and color selection of the shadows offered.

I would purchase these again, meaning these colors. I didn't like any colors that much to purchase another palette. I already have alot of eyeshadows from MAC and I'm sure that is the only reason or I might have gotten another 5. You can purchase larger palettes but too hard to store for me and again, weighty. One last thing for the palette, I don't find these as easy to get out of the palette as MAC. So once the palette is full, it you need to "bang" them out as I did, more than one may pop out. I would love another palette design.

If you like mattes or have older eyes and need them, then these are an excellent choice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently realized that the shimmery shadows I've been using all my life just aren't that flattering anymore on my hooded, frequently puffy lids. So I have a few matte shadows from Stila, Mac, EL, Revlon, and others, but I really wanted a single, wide palette of matte neutrals to use all the time. After reading so many recommendations for Inglot's formulation, I ordered 20 shades in a freedom palette from the website. As many have noted, you cannot go by their website for color selection. To pick 20 shades, I had to do several days worth of swatch research. While I do agree that these are high quality eyeshadows, I find there is a bit of a learning curve. It has taken me a week to figure out how to get a non-patchy application reliably. (Good shimmery shadows just seem to be so much more forgiving.) But the work is worth it, I think. Of the shades I received, my favorites are 354, 390, 358, 339, and maybe 363. I have to stick with cool colors that will not make me look more tired or puffy than I already am, so I avoid visibly pink or red-based shadows. 354 works well despite its pinkness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I know it's unusual to do this sort of review, but I was so ridiculously thrilled to discover this particular combination that I felt compelled to share my "discovery."

I bought these three shades separately, so I can't take credit for having a "plan." The colors are as follows:

M349 - medium matte greyed taupe; similar in color to Stila Kamet, but with way better texture; perfect as a lid shade

M348 - medium-to-deep matte grey, with a hint of brown; great for a softly defined crease

M350 - matte pale eggshell, with a gray cast; ideal as a matte highlight in the inner corners and on browbones

This combination gives me a soft, understated, polished design that really sets off my bright green eyes. I like to add some black or dark plum liner and black mascara, and my eyes look big, bright, and beautiful, but not "over-done." These shadows wear well over a good primer; I use one from Lime Crime.

I bought these little beauties for $6.00 each, at Inglotusa.com, and put them in one of Inglot's terrific magnetized palettes.

If you're a taupe-lover, definitely check these out! I think they're especially fantastic on fair, cool-toned coloring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So far, I have only one Inglot shadow, Matte 363, which I purchased online. Good matte eyeshadows are nearly impossible to find, so I'm delighted to report that Inglot's mattes, if 363 is typical of them, are absolutely wonderful.

This shadow is velvet smooth, densely pigmented, without even a hint of chalkiness or graininess, and the color selection is huge, though I do wish there were more grays and taupes.

Palette "refills" are $5.00 each, and in individual compacts, they're around $12.00 each, I think.

There are current very few Inglot stores in the U.S., but you can order online at inglotusa.com.

If you like matte eyeshadows, DO NOT OVERLOOK INGLOT.

Indications are that their products are not tested on animals, so they're replacing MAC in my heart.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by nettaOY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have 10 of these eyeshadows and they are the best eyeshadows that I've ever tried! They're so pigmented and quite long lasting as well.
Inglot didn't have so many matte eyeshadows, which was a shame, because I'm more into matte shadows rather than shimmery ones. So, now when they came out with these matte neutrals, I coudn't wait to get my hand on these.
I'm not gonna complain about the price because these are worth it 100%. Will repurchase if I ever run out of these. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by tanna83

Purchased freedom collection in all Matte shadows so thought the review belonged here. The colour selection is great, I chose all neutral for my five shade palette. The colour payoff is very good and I dare to compare it to my MAC Matte shadow's and some I even think are better formulated. They do shed a fair bit but having said that there is colour right through and it's not just Talc thats dropping onto your cheeks so I'm happy to put up with the fallout for the payoff. They last better than some of my high end shadows. The only reason I would hesitate to buy again is the price. These have gone from a mid priced cosmetics line to up there with the big guys price wise (in the western market that is!), not convinced they are in the running

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Pinupsundae

In reality I'd give this a 4.5, it's a really good eyeshadow range and much better than the original Inglot singles and freedom palette. Really pigmented and buttery, not chalky like many of the other colours are and of course it's matte - unlike the majority of Inglot shades! The colours blend quite nicely and seem to have decent staying power with a base. Only drawback for me is the price, which isn't outrageous, but still a little steep considering I'd like to get more from this range!