October 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes - Purple 11L

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Freshpink29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: SUPER STAYING POWER. This is the only eyeliner (pencil) that stays on my lower lashline. Wore it on my lower lashline to a WATER PARK in a tropical country. It lasted through all the splashing rides, humidity and hot weather, with very slight fading/smudging! Looks great on my brown eyes, got compliments for the color. Cons: expensive!! - only bought this because I had a gift coupon. Takes more time to remove. I have hooded eyelids and when i wear it on my upper lash line it seems to transfer and it's not so good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color doesn't have the smooth glide and even color payoff of the other MUFE Aqua pencils I own. The texture is slightly more waxy and thick, sort of like a crayon, which is what it reminds me of. It still feels soft and doesn't tug or require a lot of pressure when applying. But the line is patchy looking, darker in some spots and less so in others. I have to go over the line a couple of times to try and even it out and even then it's not perfect. Wears all day without smearing but it doesn't have the same wear quality as the others I own do. By evening time there's some fading and transfer to my upper lid (even with a primer). It stays put well enough that I need to use a makeup remover to erase everything rather than my regular facial cleanser.

I love purples and the color is really pretty, vivid and bright without any gray or brown tones. There's a strong blue tone in here that's a nice change from all the smoky, red, or muted purple liners I seem to choose. The clear, clean color pops. I'm glad I bought it but I wish it performed better. Don't get me wrong it's a good eyeliner I just expected it to be as fantastic as the others in this line. I'm hoping I can find a similar color from another line but for now I'm going to mark yes for repurchasing since I'm on the fence about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by AMSD

I've been in search of a replacement for MAC Icon Eyes which I have been a miser in using for YEARS now as I've been afraid to run out before I find a backup (I think it was discontinued many, many years ago, too bad!) and finally found something v close with this. PLUS it's waterproof! Color is vibrant but not tacky; unlike Icon Eyes it has a *wee* bit of sheen/blue undertone. Zero red in there, which is perfect for me. Makes my brown eyes pop.

Without primer it is indeed waterproof & lasts for a long time but does begin to migrate afer 6-8 hours. With primer (I use either UD or Tarte) lasts until you take it off. Color intensity fades just a tad over time. I tried this head-to-head with Stila's Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Purple Tang and this liner had better color and far better quality and lasting power. A keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by elena78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous vivid color. I used this on the lower waterline and lower lash line. It lasted several hours on the waterline but on the lower lash line it stayed on for over 10 hours. It feathered just a little bit in the inner corner as the evening progressed. Overall that's pretty great considering how humid it was.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by vayalios

Colour is bright and beautiful, but I think I prefer the black plum for my colouring.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kamilevna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked the purple color of this pencil. It's so bright, beautiful, stays on my lids all day long, but it's really hard to put on my waterline, but if i did it the color looks more paler than it is. This pencil goes smoothly only on dry surface. The color makes my green eyes pop. Def. would purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Julia2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry to ruin the high rating of this pencil but I have to be honest. This eyeliner did not work for me at all. I have been lemming a purple eyeliner for a while now and I decided to order this during the Sephora FF sale. At least I got it on a discount but that is not much of a consolation. I don't know what it is about this eyeliner because after initial application it looks wonderful. The purple is brighter and more vibrant than I expected but it is quite a pretty shade. However, within seconds it seems to fade. It's like it resists my skin or something and doesn't set properly. The color looks uneven and splotchy even though it looked great immediately after application. I don't have oily eyelids either and I always use a primer. I just don't seem to have any luck with these MUFE products that alot of other people love. The HD foundation was a wash for me as well. I wanted the champagne color in this as well, for brightening in the waterline, but now I'm nervous to try since the forumaltion of the purple 11L didn't work for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Suuushi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best eyeliner so far .
The color is so nice and long lasting , in my waterline too !
i'll buy this product over and over again . Amazing !!1 .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, a 5 lippie pencil. I know some reviewers have said they've experienced smearing with these pencils, but I've had nothing but good luck. This particular one is a gorgeous deep purple, with no overt red undertones. I have blue-green eyes and this color just makes them pop. I line my upper lid on the waterline and squeeze my eyes shut for a few seconds to transfer a thin wash of the color to the lower waterline. It lasts all day and then some. I wear soft contacts and have experienced no problems whatsoever with these pencils. They are a bit pricey and I'd like a better cap but...love, love, love the colors and application. Also, for older ladies (like me!), these pencils are a way to add a subtle touch of color to your eyemakeup. I pair this one with MUFE's matte eyeshadows in purple, grey or brown. Gorgeous.