April 18, 2014 | 2058 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - Pink Oval Fluff Shadow Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just finished reviewing the M.A.C. 239 & I thought that I would review this brush since I use this particular brush as a my main "back-up" for my 239 brush. I love my M.A.C. 239 & I gave it a 5. However, I also love my cute pink Coastal Scents Shadow Brush that costs only $1.95!! This brush is very sturdy, reliable, & well made. Not to mention, very cute to boot! It is not a M.A.C. 239 brush that costs $24.50, but it is an adorable little powerhouse brush that proves itself to be much better than only $1.95. Please... This brush out-performs other high-end shadow brushes. I am so pleased with this pink beauty that I have dubbed it as my "main back-up shadow brush"... This is my second favorite shadow brush right after my 239. It goes to show us that good things don't always have to be expensive. I respect this brush as much as I do my 239. This brush has proved itself worthy & the price of this brush is RIDICULOUSLY cheap for what a little gem that it really is.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by irinahanu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe I got a bad one but this one sheds.
It's a bit big for my lids, but it is great as a brow highlighter.
Too bad that it sheds.
Very dense.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Dinarayes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this brush perfect for all over the lid eye shadow i like it better than mac large shadow brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

This is the perfect brow highlighter brush! A high quality brush with dense hairs for an amazing price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by doriseses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is SO soft and fluffy! The hairs are dense and picks up color very well. It's a rather large shadow brush, for me at least, but I think it still works good for the lids and as for highlighting under the brows.

NOTE: This brush is IDENTICAL to the Black Sable Shadow brush from CS.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by primor2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the person who said its like the E.L.F brush, i use it for my lid and i love how it applies my shadow, worth repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brush!

SUPER similar to the E.L.F. eyeshadow brush, but more densely packed. The bristles are the same quality, just as soft. It applies a soft wash of colour very evenly.

The pink handle is a bonus.
Note: This brush is identical to the black sable brush that they offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Kaych

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm going to also compare this to the elf eyeshadow brush but I have had a different experience than the previous reviewer. I find that the CS brush is softer and more densely packed than the elf brush. My CS brush has maybe shed 3 hairs after multiple washings whereas my elf brush has shed way more than that even when dry. I really like this brush. It packs the colour on great and holds up well with washing. I tend to reach for it more often than my more expensive brushes. The cute pink handle doesn't hurt either!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by surburbanurgency

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only used this once, but it seems to be a very nice shadow brush. It's basically the same as the ELF eyeshadow brush, but with a cuter pink handle. The bristles aren't as soft as the ELF brush, so I took off a point for that, but it will probably be better after it is conditioned. It's only $1.95!