April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Sugar Babe

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by sheynondoah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first product I ever used from Lush and I was given a demo in the store and I really liked how it made my skin feel so I had to buy one. It can be super messy but if you break it up before you get in the shower it's a lot easier and you don't waste any product. I put it mostly on my hands, elbows, and knees and then use whatever is left all over my body. It's amazing, it makes my skin so soft and it smells amazing. I'm glad I got sugar babe and not sugar scrub because I think Sugar Scrub would be too rough. I would recommend that people use this in the shower and not the bath and to use the scrub after shaving to smooth away any bumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

love this scrub so much. everything about it is perfect. the scent is all around awesome which is usually something i have trouble with most lush products. when i first bought this i hated it because it would scratch up my body (once i reached the middle with the coconut oil, i thought i was bleeding because of how abrasive it was). then i made the 'mistake' of getting water in it. it turned into a more liquidy scrub and worked beautifully once broken down. now i keep this is a soap or massage bar tin and add a little water and ta da greatest scrub imo. i just read the review below mine about mixing it with a shower smoothie.. holy wow i must try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Niki2855

I'm going to keep this short since it seems everything i would say has already been said. I mix this with the coconut almond smoothie and it's pretty much the best thing ever. Smells intoxicating and leaves my skin soft and smooth. Yes, break it into smaller pieces before you use it. Yes, keep it out of the flow of water. I usually take the top off my smoothie and put the sugar scrub Im going to use in there. Scoop out a little smoothie and a little chunk of sugar scrub and mush them together and scrub. YUM!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate scrubs and exfoliators. I never use them because I think they are a waste of product and money; if I need to exfoliate, a washcloth does the job as effectively as any scrub. I was given one of these, though, so I used it simply to use it up. I loved it. It didn't exfoliate my skin any better than a washcloth, but it smelled sweet and lovely--it's apparently ylang ylang and mimosa, but I thought it smelled vanilla-y and sweet. I suppose there's all the sugar, too. So anyway, this smells gorgeous while you use it but also the base for the scrub is oily so your skin is left so soft and smooth and moisturized and fragranced when you get out of the shower. This is an indulgence but I have indulged by going to Lush and actually purchasing this after my gift, which I never would have even considered purchasing, ran out.

This will dissolve if you get it wet and that is a massive pain. Works best to break a small piece off and just use that--keep this out of water unless you intend to use it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by enbouton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It left me with scratches all over my arms and legs when I used it on damp skin. Getting the bar itself wet just makes it dissolve. Sorry, Lush, this one was a miss.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by LoveLightPink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the smell of this scrub, to me its cinnamon sugar with a light floral smell. I crumbled this all into a bag rather than leaving it as a solid. I mix it with a little bit of water and smear it on to my body and let it sit for a little or it would be too abrasive on my skin. This is my first lush product and i love it, everything else in the store was too strong and sweet which i really didn't like. I'd definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by wotstaterseh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Favorite scrub from LUSH, lovely light scent that actually LINGERS. It's rough, but it's sugar, and it lathers, which is kinda of odd, but it makes my skin silky soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

This is my current favourite Lush product. It would be easier to go through many of the cons I have read first.
CONS: It is messy... well yes, it is a sugar scrub. It is scratchy... well yes it is a sugar scrub.
PROS: It smells beautiful and leaves a fresh odor that lingers your skin. It exfoliates quite well and leaves skin feeling soft. I found I kept some pieces larger to gently scrub calloused areas and created a paste for the normal skin areas (It can KILL if you don't add water and paste).The sugar scrub is small in size but will last 3-6 applications (I get six because I only use it on my legs and feet).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so addicted to Sugar Babe. The scent is DIVINE, and I would love to have a matching scent for everyday wear. Lush doesn't have anything, so I've checked the message boards/reviews for about three indie perfumers looking to see if they have a similar scent, with no luck.

As a scrub, it is great. It exfoliates and leaves my skin feeling amazing. If I use it after soaping up, it leaves a soft coconut oil film that soaks in and smells wonderful. As a budget item, though, it is not so great. I can get about two full-body scrubs and one legs-only scrub from a cake (or five or six legs-only scrubs), which is a BIT much per use for a beauty product. It's way cheaper than going to a salon for a scrub, though, so if that's your personal standard for these things, it may be a great deal!

I have found that installing a flow controller in my shower lets me turn off the water while applying scrubs, which saves water and scrubs! A sales clerk also mentioned that she puts hers in a mason jar with a little oil, and uses it like a jar scrub. I might try that the next time I get this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by bex009

i really love this scrub it is so great to use at night time as I really dislike using buffy at night it makes me feel like i'm going to bed greasy when i use this it makes my skin super soft i feel like it does a really great job at removing dead skin without being too harsh and it smells great! a+ for lush once again!