April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash redness soothing cream cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Mireille85

Loved it!! I seen improvements are 1 week.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by insidiator

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite cleanser. This is a creamy cleanser with a very small amount of menthol which does not bother my skin. The texture is non-foaming and this contains panthenol, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid yet isn't drying for me at all.

This removes my sunscreen easily and lets my skin breathe without leaving a bad residue. My only complaint about this product would be the packaging as I prefer a pump or something more hygienic than a tube which can collect water in the cap if left in the shower.

In warmer weather I follow this with a toner to ensure that I removed all of the residue but in winter and dry months this is perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This burned my skin like no tomorrow. For a "redness reducing" product this is really the farthest thing from it. It's more like "redness inducing". Perhaps a typo on Neutrogena's part.

The minute I lathered this up on my face, it began to burn my skin. When I rinsed it off my skin was still burning and super red. When I bought it, I was in a rush, and missed the menthol listed almost near the end, which has always really made my skin react badly. Likely a tiny amount, yet so effective at irritating my skin. It's my fault for missing it but I do wish they would exclude highly irritating ingredients for something aimed at soothing skin. I found this left my skin very tight feeling, "pulled" like when you tie your hair up in a super tight ponytail, and overly dry when used day and night, or even once daily. The scent, as others have mentioned, is very strong and does linger on skin, hands, and whichever sink you used this in. I also noticed because of how thick it was, it seemed to leave a slight film on my skin even when used with a wash cloth, but really the burning sensation was the most off-putting thing and I can deal with a slight film if there were no other strong negatives.

I really think this could have been an awesome product with the glycolic acid and salicylic acid - but they had to ruin it with (for me anyways) menthol which my slightly sensitive skin just can't handle. If they would reformulate it to actually be soothing I'd consider repurchasing. . .but we all know that won't happen. Good product if you aren't sensitive to menthol though.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by brijoelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This cleanser smells horrid!!!!!! It did nothing other than burn my face. No thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by sarabelle789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE the smell & feel!

Definitely washes all the makeup & oil gunk up and out of my pores, but even more than that, the moisture it provides feels totally therapeutic to hormonal, stressed-out skin.

I haven't done a definitive test to see if it relieves any of my chin & forehead redness, (like I said, caused by hormones!) because I'll be honest. After I use this cleanser, my skin feels so cleared and healthy that I feel safe to put on a little foundation without being scared of a nasty-mean period zit.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by gunzarelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my god. This stuff reeks. And I mean STINKS. It reminds me of the girls' bathroom in highschool, circa 1993. aka: Body Shop Dewberry. Ewwww- unless of course you were really into Dewberry.... It stuck to everything. My towel, my face cloth, my hair, my pyjamas, and it lingered on my face ALL DAY. It didn't smell a quarter as strong when I gave it a sniff in the store. So I suppose if you're sensitive to fragrance STOP RIGHT HERE.

In terms of functionality, I tried valiantly to use it for a full week in hopes of clearing out a stubborn breakout I had. Days one and two, actually saw a difference. Everything did look a little less red and irritated, and some bumps had definitely gone down in size. It felt nice to use, the menthol tingliness wasn't overpowering and made my face feel fresh. Fresh but STINKY. Day three, the creaminess of the cleanser started to catch up with me. Though the regular ol' breakout had definitely gone down noticeably, I had other problems popping up. One, my forehead was breaking out big time- and my forehead NEVER breaks out. Two, cystic jawline monsters! Owie. Three, milia around my eyes! No thank-you.

I feel like if I could tolerate that awful smell OR if there was an unscented version, it might work okay as a once a week/stubborn breakout treatment, as it did help with redness and pimpliness at first. Unfortunately that stank is not going to permit me to test this theory.

YUCK.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by bink180

Ok, so this is my third tube of this and I'm almost finished with it. I've used this for about 8 months.
It doesn't really seem to get rid of redness though I don't have much just around my nose and the sides of my mouth, its very similar to the Acne Stress Control cream cleanser, smells similar, works similar.
I would not buy this again because it doesn't even do as it claims, hasn't combatted acne nor reduce redness. Doesn't take off makeup well either. But I will say it didn't anger my skin either so I guess this is a so-so cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by eLmol0v3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this facial wash for about a month now and I honestly don't like it. My face is fairly oily and sensitive, and this wash broke me out a whole lot! I've never really had cystic acne before, but thanks to this, hello cystic acne! I thought maybe my skin was going through purging, but it's been about a little over a month, and my skin is still broken out. i keep waking up to new pimples on my face, and I thought continuous using of this may eventually calm my skin down and reduce break outs. However, I have found the opposite. I also heard that certain skin types should stay away from neutrogena products. Overall, not impressed with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by jazzygirlxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is perfect so fulfilling and decreased the redness on my face tremendously I highly highly highly recommend this product and it smells terrific 4.0'best redness soothing face wash I have ever used and this maintains my acne which I don't have a lot of.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by serenityx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for the past 2 years and I've gone through 2 bottles already. I absolutely loved this product because it actually did help soothe redness on my face and believe me, my face is super red and sensitive.
It doesn't help with oil control but that's fine because that is not what the product claims to do. I didn't see visible results for healing my acne but since it reduced some of the redness, it wasn't that bad and it doesn't foam well either. One bottle would last me about 1 year so that's pretty good considering the price is low as well.
But I did noticed that while one my second bottle, I didn't see any results. I guess my skin got used to it or the formula wears off overtime
And I said I wouldn't buy it again because of the above reason.
Pros:
Reduces redness
Oil-free
Cleanse fairly well
One bottle would last about 1 year
Smell is okay
Cons:
Doesn't really help with acne
Doesn't foam