January 25, 2015 | 2139 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 2:59:00 AM More reviews by nikkid36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros: This product can help tone down colors on my face and it does help my face stay matte.

Cons: I have light skin and this makes my face look a little chalky and pale at times.

I will not buy this product again, but I will continue to use this product because I still have it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2015 4:47:00 PM More reviews by tracymichelle

I've read some really great reviews for this and am quite astonished. It does nothing for me. I bought it to mask some redness on my cheeks, but I can't even tell I have it on. It's also quite powdery. Basically, it does nothing. The only redeeming quality of this product is the packaging. It's small & sleek and has a nice mirror. I'm thinking about digging out the powder and just using it as a mirror because, from my point of view, that's all it's good for.
I would like to note that I'm not pale like the other reviewers who have had good luck with this product, so maybe it's really only designed to help those with pale skin. I have medium-light to medium skin color in the winter and medium in the summer.
I do love that e.l.f. is cruelty-free and very affordable, I just don't like this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Packaging quality is amazing! The product is also amazing! I use mine over primer and under foundation- neutralizes the "red." Love using less foundation! Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Kalady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE (9/12/2014)
I recently bought the shade "Warm" in this powder to test it out. A few things are different. First, the packaging is more matte and less square. I haven't dropped it yet, but it still feels solid and good for travelling. As for the shade, the "Warm" is a bit darker that the "Cool" and swatches very light nude as oppose to white. There is no green square in this pan, but the yellow/blue tones are present like before, as well as a darker tan color. Unfortunately, there seems to be visible particles of shimmer in this powder. Sometimes it gives my skin a look of natural luminosity, but at other times it looks off. Rawr. I definitely prefer the "Cool" toned powder and will repurchase that one.

UPDATE (8/7/2014)
First of all, NOOO I BROKE IT. Now, I'm not complaining: as I said earlier, this baby has gone to hell and back with me multiple times and has never shown any wear nor tear, but I think because its so soft and I had hit some serious pan, dropped it open-faced on hardwood, and stepped on it, not even this Hercules of a product could survive. Truly the best travel packaging of anything I've ever used. And I still love this stuff, even after 3 years of use. I'm a makeup flirt, but I used this on an everyday basis for that duration, and I fell in love with it more and more (I'm looking at you, pink square that I use to set my undereye concealer). This is fantastic and dirt-cheap. Do yourself a favor and get it. I love it and recommend it 100%.

______
PROS: soft texture, great packaging, adaptable, tone correcting ability for pale skin, cheap
CONS: powder can be a little messy, won't work well for darker skin

As a very pale, combination skinned girl who likes to keep things simple, this powder is a winner. It has become my one-stop-shop for correcting skintone, brightening my undereyes, highlighting my brow bone, mattifying my skin, and setting my concealer.

For tone correction, I use a small, angled crease brush to swirl this very specifically over areas of my face (painstaking for some, but I happen to be a naturalist and perfectionist, so I love the undetectable look this method gives me).This powder works exceptionally at evening pigmentation on whitish skin like mine- ladies with more depth to their skin may find it useless or too ashy to use. This also, mind you, is not a concealer- it won't cover scars or huge breakouts, but in minimizing imperfections and creating a blank canvas, it is golden.

The second best part of this powder is the packaging. Not only do I love that the four different colors are distinct and the huge mirror, but this baby is indestructible. I have dropped this, stepped on it, traveled with it, and so much more, and the clasp, hinge, mirror, and powder all all completely intact. It is sleek and effective, and that's all I can ask for as far as packaging goes.

In brief, this ELF powder is a real find. For three bucks, you get an effective, pale powder that mattifies, color-corrects, and sets the skin in travel-friendly (and clumsy friendly) packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Color correcting ya right

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by abdulina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

not good for tone correcting... All the powders are basically just white when they go on. every time I wear this it ends up looking like I poured white baby powder all over my face. not a good look. it may be ok if used sparingly on oily skin. maybe mixed with a liquid concealer would help?? I'm not sure. but I def won't repurchase. this is the only elf product I don't like :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by hypnautica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far I really like this product. It takes away the redness I may have from a zit or from sun. I was going to pay a lot more for another brand and I am so glad I found this one and didn't spend over $20.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by makeupbabe1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do love E.L.F products, I am a total cheap makeup shopper, so I know when i purchase something cheaper than usual like ( nyc, wet n wild, and e.l.f) I know its a hit or miss. This product is in the middle, I love it for my oily t zone but not for overall coverage, i usually use this on my t zone and then another translucent powder on the rest of my face and sometimes over it, because some days it looks like it leaves a strange texture and color on my face. But overall its a great product, E.L.F never seems to fail me plus is cheap and you defiantly get a great product for cheap!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by AJOHN020

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

skin didn't have that "finished" look after a couple of hours. I didn't bring anything for touchups because I dont normally need anything with my other powders. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by lara90

I use this everyday before school, my skin has annoying redness which I use the green and yellow for, the pink is amazing to set concealer under eyes. Texture is very soft and nice.
I think my complexion looks pretty dull after use, which is what I also find with other redness-erasing products , but I guess thatīs the point, right?