August 1, 2014 | 1236 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Kalady

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS: soft texture, great packaging, adaptable, tone correcting ability for pale skin, cheap
CONS: powder can be a little messy, won't work well for darker skin

As a very pale, combination skinned girl who likes to keep things simple, this powder is a winner. It has become my one-stop-shop for correcting skintone, brightening my undereyes, highlighting my brow bone, mattifying my skin, and setting my concealer.

For tone correction, I use a small, angled crease brush to swirl this very specifically over areas of my face (painstaking for some, but I happen to be a naturalist and perfectionist, so I love the undetectable look this method gives me).This powder works exceptionally at evening pigmentation on whitish skin like mine- ladies with more depth to their skin may find it useless or too ashy to use. This also, mind you, is not a concealer- it won't cover scars or huge breakouts, but in minimizing imperfections and creating a blank canvas, it is golden.

The second best part of this powder is the packaging. Not only do I love that the four different colors are distinct and the huge mirror, but this baby is indestructible. I have dropped this, stepped on it, traveled with it, and so much more, and the clasp, hinge, mirror, and powder all all completely intact. It is sleek and effective, and that's all I can ask for as far as packaging goes.

In brief, this ELF powder is a real find. For three bucks, you get an effective, pale powder that mattifies, color-corrects, and sets the skin in travel-friendly (and clumsy friendly) packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Color correcting ya right

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by abdulina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

not good for tone correcting... All the powders are basically just white when they go on. every time I wear this it ends up looking like I poured white baby powder all over my face. not a good look. it may be ok if used sparingly on oily skin. maybe mixed with a liquid concealer would help?? I'm not sure. but I def won't repurchase. this is the only elf product I don't like :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by hypnautica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far I really like this product. It takes away the redness I may have from a zit or from sun. I was going to pay a lot more for another brand and I am so glad I found this one and didn't spend over $20.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by makeupbabe1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do love E.L.F products, I am a total cheap makeup shopper, so I know when i purchase something cheaper than usual like ( nyc, wet n wild, and e.l.f) I know its a hit or miss. This product is in the middle, I love it for my oily t zone but not for overall coverage, i usually use this on my t zone and then another translucent powder on the rest of my face and sometimes over it, because some days it looks like it leaves a strange texture and color on my face. But overall its a great product, E.L.F never seems to fail me plus is cheap and you defiantly get a great product for cheap!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by AJOHN020

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

skin didn't have that "finished" look after a couple of hours. I didn't bring anything for touchups because I dont normally need anything with my other powders. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by lara90

I use this everyday before school, my skin has annoying redness which I use the green and yellow for, the pink is amazing to set concealer under eyes. Texture is very soft and nice.
I think my complexion looks pretty dull after use, which is what I also find with other redness-erasing products , but I guess thatīs the point, right?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Warm, and mainly intending it to be a setting powder/blot powder. It doesn't really add color to my face. It's an okay neutralizer and blot powder.

I find my Missha bb cream last a lot longer with this set on top, and I don't oil up as much when using this powder. Usually, my foundation is gone by midday. I have also used its individual shades to set concealer and tried to do correcting, it didn't work out.

I use ELF Studio Powder brush to swirl all shades and pat it on my skin after bb cream and correcting minor flaws with concealer. There is a lot of fall outs when you swirl the powder together, but it's okay for me. I like the fact it has subtle shimmers in it to make my skin less flat but still quite matte-looking.

Definitely repurchase, and I will try the cool tone one as well just to see if it helps in correcting redness better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Yamiek

If you buy this don't expect it to neutralize your skin tone like it says but this is GREAT for oily skin. I have an oily t zone and seconds after I apply this it soaks up all the oil. I love this product just for that reason alone

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by honeybeesting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is basically a translucent powder. It's actually pretty finely milled and I like the texture a lot, but don't expect it to really even anything out or deliver any coverage that you wouldn't get from a translucent pressed powder. I kiiiiiiind of saw a difference when I used only the yellow part on my undereye circles, but it wasn't convincing. That said, as a translucent powder it's not half bad, so it may be worth getting for that. I also liked the packaging a lot, as it's a nice, sturdy-feeling compact with a big mirror. Anyone who uses drugstore cosmetics knows what a pain the packaging can be, but this is a nice one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No