December 21, 2014 | 1908 users online

Bronzers - Clinique - Almost Bronzer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite bronzers. My other favorite is Nars Laguna. I find that this one looks very similar to Laguna on my very fair skin, but the color payoff is much lighter. with Nars I barely have to swipe my brush in the powder. With this Clinique one, I really have to smush my brush into the product to get any color payoff. It doesn't really bother me, I just have to remind myself which technique to use with which product if I haven't used them in a while. My skin is very fair and I use shade 01 light/medium. It does have some shimmer just like Laguna does as well. the shimmer is a nice glow, not at all glittery. If you do not like shimmer then I would recommend MUFE Mat Bronze. That one is my go-to matte bronzer. I selected yes that I would buy it again, but if I had to choose only one, I would choose Nars over this one... so I probably will not repurchase. I only selected yes because overall I am happy with it, I'm just happier with Nars Laguna.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2012 6:37:00 AM More reviews by cpstewart33

its doesn't work at all .. so dont buy it .. I have fair skin and bought this thinking the two colours would be great to use if I manaed to build up a tan .. i am convinced I was sold the shop 'dummy' of this in plastic as it takes a lot of scrubbing on the surface to get any colour on to a brush and then it appears on the skin as the lightest wash of colour .. and its orange .. so don't waste your time .. MAC make a great alternative

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by hearts317

Its a pretty shimmery color but i only put it on my cheeks a pinch on my nose and on the side of my face, not my forehead. only a little goes a long way, i dont use it everyday but when i need shimmer i use this, but like i said a tiny bit!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I bought this powder bronzer on the advice of a dear friend that has used this for years. I purchased 02-Med/Deep. I have to agree it is the best powder bronzer I've ever used. I usually favour the liquid type or gel type bronzers but this works fantastic in the winter months when my skin is paler. It has a sheer buildable coverage that looks extremely natural. One of my caveats with trying out various powder bronzers was that they were too shimmery or "frosty" on the skin that just made you look orangey and too shiney. This bronzer does not make your skin look dried out or settle in any lines and has miniscule shimmer, if at all. The compact is fairly small (palm sized) and comes with a little brush that I generally don't use unless in a pinch and not at home. I usually use my own blush brush which I find works better than the one they supply you with.

It is expensive...here in Canada it's approximately $34.00. Although the compact is fairly small the product itself seems to last a very long time. I will definitely repurchase but only when the Clinique Bonus Days are in full swing!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by delil18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I´m still quite undecided about this bronzer: it has shimmer, which is not ideal ,as it doesn’t pick up immediately upon application, but half way through the day I catch the odd glitterish speck on my chin.

I have this in the darkest shade, which is actually very light in shade and in application. When I put this on, it seems like nothing is transferring to my face, but then suddenly, ill notice my face is darker.

The packaging is quite cute, it has a little compartment for a flat brush underneath the product. The bottom of this compartment has holes, supposedly for ventilation, but it makes keeping the brush clean mush more difficult. I only use it when I am out, but the brush picks up all the dusty rubbish from my makeup bag.

If you are looking for just a hint of colour to your cheeks, this one might be an alternative- but stick to cheeks because of the shimmer. If you are looking for a more controllable product for specific shading or contouring. Stay away!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by tiggynink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This bronzer is very subtle but that is what works for my skin tone so I really like it. It goes on light but is buildable, isn't orange and lasts the day without flaking or patching, which I have found can happen with other bronzers. A bit pricey at £20 but I love it! Nice packaging, comes with its own brush but I use a large powder brush so i can apply to my whole face and use the brush it comes with to highligh certain areas.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutley NO color payoff! What a waste of money. I tried applying it several ways, using various brushes and either I had no color or my face looked dirty (from over applying).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by LuxTenebrae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very pale with a high concentration of pink pigmentation in my skin, so when I went to a Clinique counter to ask which blush I should use, they suggested this bronzer to help tone down the pink in my skin. The color is amazing and a little bit goes a long way. Like others have said, it thankfully isn't a sparkly bronzer. As for difficulty with getting the product out, I use my Clinique bronzer/powder brush, not the brush that came with it and therefore have had no problem with getting the product onto my brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by MyUsername156

I have this in fair/light. The texture is horrid, I have to scratch my brush around in it and still hardly any comes off. It's not that the pigmentation is bad, it's just that the product is rock hard (..not really).However, one half is softer than the other, so it's lower in the pan, which looks weird. but WOW, the color is amazing. What i've been looking for. I don't look like an oompa loopa, or like I've been rolling my face in dirt. I have very fair skin so a colour like this, perfectly golden and very flattering, was hard to find. I just wish the texture was softer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

As mentioned by other reviewers, it is very difficult to get any product out of the pan - but that is partly the reason why i like it. As a non-bronzer user before, i now use this very subtle hint of colour to contour my cheeks and to dust around my forehead and jawline. It contains very little to no sparkle (thank goodness!) and is not orange at all. However, my bronzer does have a strange smell to it but its not noticeable unless you actually sniff the pan :P