July 26, 2014 | 1136 users online

Eyeliner - Illamasqua - Eye Liner Cake - Mislead

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner cake. It is a dark black depending how much water or a mixing medium you use. It does take a while to get used to. If you use water with it, your tears from yawning will be enough to wipe it off and smudge your liner. I find the sealing gel that is recommended with the cake is wonderful. It will literally be budge proof unless your objective is to rub off your liner. I put a drop of the sealing gel onto the product in the pan and mix with my brush and usually that will be the right consistency of the liner that I want. Too much sealing gel and your eyeliner will be a little watery and not as pigmented. I have reached pan on this product but only because I used only one corner of the whole pan and I still have a good 90% left. There is a lot of product and I feel like it would last for a while. The powder is really hard so don't think you'll be able to pick up any product with a dry brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by superce11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I purchased this product after finding a lot of great reviews on it, and I'm actually quite disappointed. Now I have QUITE oily lids, there is not one product that has stayed on my eyes and this is no exception.

I read that using water was sufficient enough for this product to last all day but I haven't found that to be the case. I have my own mixing medium and that works ~slightly better than water but the liner still disappears after a couple of hours.

Packing is lovely and good quality (dropped it on the floor and it did not shatter, thank god) and the product will last me a long time. However I did purchase this product for its staying power, and it failed to deliver. However, I'm going to purchase the sealing gel and give this product a second chance, and I'll edit my review / add another one after I do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Very black, ZERO smudging, and easy to apply. I squeeze one drop of sealing gel and mix with a flat eyeliner brush right in the pan and line my lash line. I have Asian creaseless lids which means mega oily and all eyeliners, from MAC fluidline to Bobbi gel liners smudge after a couple hours. This is absolutely my HG liner now. Blacker than black, stays put, and great little compact with a mirror. Love and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Every eyeliner smudges on me no matter what, but this doesn't! I can't believe I didn't find this earlier. It's easy to apply, gr8 for beginners, glides on smoothly, stays on ALL day, finishes matte, no smudging! I even use it to tight line <3 Better yet, it won't dry out like pot eyeliners, but takes a little longer with the mixing. I will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this about a year ago and haven't given it much love, I prefer the finish, packaging and ease of my Chanel cake. This requires a tad more water and fussing, remains matte (as opposed to Chanel which seems to turn to a softer finish). Recently have been using this during the day, it's softer than a gel finish. Great deal in general for the amount you get but it takes more water. For starters I would try this one, if you love a cake, go for the big kahuna and get the Chanel.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by hetsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried both Illamasqua and Laura Mercier cake liners and I prefer LM. I find this leaves a slight crinkly finish on my eye lids. I tried using water instead of the gel and this gave it a nice smoother and black finish however the lasting power is not great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ichigo9180

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this eyeliner. I was pretty skeptical, given that I've struggled with liquid and creme/gel eyeliners, but the cake is truly different. Much, much easier to control and apply. Also, it seems to smudge less than liquid or pencils. And I must say, the compact style is really cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 6:04:00 AM More reviews by hannahpemberton

I love Illamasqua, and whilst the cake liner is good, its actually the sealer thats the best thing in this product.

It enables you to create lines or other more artistic makeup looks that stay in place.

The sealer is a little thicker than water, I mix it directly into the cake liner to whip up a good paste (takes around 45-60 seconds) and then I use it on my eyes (everyday). It lasts all day and doesnt feel like you've got anything on (some sealers can be a bit sticky) and it washes off very easily at night.

Cant recommend the sealer highly enough, though the cake is just as good as ones by Stargazer (which are much cheaper) so Id suggest buying the cheaper cake liner and investing in the Illa sealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by holliday

This is the best eyeliner I have used to date. I'm a huge fan of cake eyeliner, as I feel they smudge the least and I like that they don't dry out. This is the first eyeliner I have used that does not smudge at all and lasts throughout the day. I was previously using Laura Mercier's cake eyeliner which smudged significantly less than all gel liners I tried (BB, MAC, Wet 'n Wild) but still transferred a little bit throughout the day. This definitely beats the LM. I find this is blacker than LM and smudges less (in that it doesn't smudge at all). I find both have equal lasting power. They cost about the same, so if you're looking for a cake liner, I would choose this over LM. Cake liner takes a little getting used to since you have to mix it, but once you get the technique down, cake liner is the best form of liner in my opinion.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Emma0007

I used to love this product cause the colour pay off was amazing...but i tell u know...it is a pain to sort out the consistancy (especially in a rush). I mean if you have the time in the morning to play around with your eye liner then i'd def recommend it but if not don't! I'd say go for a gel liner instead...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No