October 31, 2014 | 1432 users online

Palettes - It Cosmetics - My Sculpted Face

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Therealmina

Takes a shit on the ABH contour palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for the Anastasia contour and highlight kit high and low but it's sold out everywhere. I found this palette on qvc.com so I ordered it. It was my second choice and I wasn't expecting much because I have tried a few It Cosmetics products and I wasn't that impressed. I have to say, I really love this palette. I contour my face almost daily now that I have this sweet baby. The palette comes in a cardboard case with a magnetic closure. There are six colors:
Matte White- I have been searching for years for a good matte white that did not look chalky. This is perfect. There is no shimmer to it. It brightens up the under eye, jaw line, bridge of nose, and chin.
Shimmery pinky shade- beautiful to highlight the tops of the cheek bones, the inside of the tear ducts, and brow bone.
Then there are 4 varying colors of matte bronzers. I like to mix them in order to contour out my cheek bones, nose, and around the face.
The set also comes with a clear overlay of a woman's face with the highlight and contour demonstrated. This makes it easy to see where to apply the product.
Overall, one of my favorite products. I use this every time I do my makeup. I will be buying another one for back up because it seems like more times than not, when I love a product, it get's discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Ashthetician

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this on a trip to ULTA at the suggestion of one of the beauty advisors. I went looking for the Anastasia Contour and Highlight Kit but the woman spoke so highly of this product and how it was great for all skin shades. I got it home and started to play with it. It. Was. Terrible. There are zero undertones in any of the colors and they don't blend very well. The white matte and shimmer colors look ghostly and don't blend in either. By the time I blended everything out, I went from being a nice butternut color to looking like Casper's little sister. I will just continue using the products I've been using to contour and highlight. Some of the other beauty advisors at ULTA even said they hated it and to try either the Anastasia or Smashbox. I'm glad I kept my receipt because the outcome of that product on me was very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by raychilll

I was originally looking to buy the Anastasia Contour kit, but just happened to come across this one at Ulta. I've never been a fan of using bronzers for contouring, because the "shadows" we try to create are not naturally an orange-y tan color. They are more of a cool taupe color, which is why I always opted to use Wedge by mac with a blending brush for contouring, that is until now. The four contour shades are PERFECT shades for creating natural shadows that will last all day long. I use the matte white shade to set my under eye concealer & the more shimmery white shade to go over my cheekbone highlight (pairs beautifully with benefit's creme highlight, watt's up)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

The first I tried using this it was on HSN (2007). I really didn't understand the concept & Jamie hadn't explained it very well on the presentation. I tried contouring my nose & my friend said "what is on the end of your nose?" LOL, I sent it back! A couple years later, Jamie partnered with QVC & much improved her explanation of her products. That & along with some very easy to follow tutorials on YouTube & I had much better success. I still have this pallet in my makeup drawer & will pull it out to use on special occasions. You can't beat it for the selection of perfectly matte, slightly gray bronzers. Pass on the highlighters, though. There are much better options to highlight with. The pallet is a bit much for daily wear if you're in the fair range & definitely I won't use these shades to contour my nose, unless I have an excellent tan going. If you're fair, try using ELF's light beige $1 powder for the nose area, or EM's soft bronzer. These are perfect shades for fair tones. I'm still giving this 5 lippies, because it brought back contouring & led cosmetic companies to come out with a much better range of matte bronzers.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this! And I bought it for half price on eBay! It REALLY contours beautifully and it looks professionally done with just minimal practice (or following the instructions included if you are clueless).

It blends beautifully and does NOT budge...and can be used under or over makeup and does not seem to irritate my skin at all! The colors would work on ANYONE except for the really pale and really dark (extremes). I am right in the middle - tan/golden/olive/yellow/warm and it works brilliantly for me.

I honestly wish I had trusted my instincts and bought this MONTHS ago - I will never be on stage or in a photo without it again (who doesn't want a smaller nose, to look thinner or sculpt their chin a bit...;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by SusanMary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I have been experimenting with sculpting and have never been able to get the right shades for my NC 15-20 skin. Either the light colors were not light enough or the contouring shades just looked dirty. That is not the case with these.

The whites are one shimmer and one matter. The shimmer is great in the inner eyes and tops of cheekbones. The matte is good on other parts of the face.

The browns are matte and can be used all over the face. I can actually do my who face with this palette - eyebrows, eye shadow, eyeliner, contouring, highlighting and lip color (powder applied over balm) for an understated yet elegant look.

The powders are very blendable and are waterproof. No break out problems and they seem to stay all day.

It is convenient and the best contour kit I have run across.

Update: December 2013. I still use this and it is still the best kit I have come across. I just wish it were refillable.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by kohina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to get this product because I've always had chipmunk cheeks and I wanted to slim my face down. I was sorely disappointed when I actually tried it though. I followed the instructions by finding the natural shadows on my face and used a mini blending brush (as suggested) but every single color that was suitable for contouring was like terra cotta. I also found that the highlighting shades were way too pigmented. Even after blending and blending I was left with white streaks. I don't know if I should be putting the contouring and highlighting shades on first and then blend it over with my foundation but the instructions weren't helpful in that department.

The instructions for contouring application were a little more helpful although the pictures were not (at least in my case). Like I said I bought this kit for cheek sculpting. And here is where the instruction book was the most confusing. I wasn't sure exactly how far up and where I should stop with the my cheek contouring because they used a pretty dark African American model for that section. You can notice a difference in her face (and she looks great) but you can't tell at ALL where they've applied the product to achieve the results. I love seeing diversity in the beauty world but when you're trying to figure out where exactly to apply a product it helps to be able to see where the product is. In every other demo pic you can clearly see where the product has been applied except for that one. Basically this kit has caused me nothing but frustration. I'm just lucky I got this as a free promotion because I honestly don't think this kit is worth more than $10 and apparently it's around $40. It's just easier to use a matte bronzer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by LisaRFlower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started writing my review and realized I was writing the same things as the first 4 reviews. So, I will just say I completely agree with the reviews posted so far, including from the two top reviewers. This palette rocks and seriously makes a big difference. And I found a new product I will actually use every day that really makes a big difference. Cheers to that!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Dinahout

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am loving this contouring palette! My Sculpted Face really delivers. I couldn't believe how easy it would be to slim down and define my 45 year old face and slightly pudgy chin. The contouring shades all work on my light/medium olive toned skin and the highlighters are just right - not too white or not too shimmery. Works great with different blushes for a pop of color. Wears very well. I would definitely purchase again.