October 20, 2014 | 926 users online

Fragrances - Marc Jacobs - Lola

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lola smells hugely synthetic to my nose!! I didn't care for it at all, plasticky vibe , musky in the base, not agreeing with me..oh Lola is much prettier in my opinion.
Not much to say, just a weird perfume for me! Tacky bottle too..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an oddball for me - the plastic flowers on the bottle actually are a great descriptor of what this fragrance actually smells like. There's a nice warm peony note within the composition, but to get to it you have to deal with some very artificial, plastic-y green-ish notes to get to it. In some ways it reminds me of an old school florists shop with the cellophane wrappers adding the plastic aspect to it and oddly enough - new carpet. It's a little too much like scents put into hairspray for my liking and the oddness just doesn't mesh well with the traditional aspects of the perfume. Not icky to smell, but not beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by nickilloyd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Green

What first attracted me to this was the gorgeous bottle! It looks so pretty and luxurious... but when i spritzed it, i was instantly won over.... its beautiful, for day/night.... and very long lasting.... people always ask me what I've got on... on my second bottle now and can't see me ever getting tired of it...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a gift but sadly had to give it to my mother.
It was way too heavy floral for me. I'm 30 and, quite honestly, it made me feel uncomfortable in my own skin. It made me feel much older. And I don't mean that to say it made me feel mature or elegant.

I love loads of mature fragrances like Coco and Quelques Fleurs. Lola just didn't sit well with me.

It's nice and pretty, and smells gorgeous on my mom.

I also see that the bottle has been changed slightly. The bottle I was gifted (from Macy's) was the skinner, taller bottle with the same large flower top. The taller bottle was pretty but very inconvenient and awkward. I can't tell you how many times I knocked it over, thankfully never onto the floor. This newer, rounder bottle looks much more convenient.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a small tube roll-on of this from TJ Maxx for only $10 just to try it. It has a classic, warm, slighty floral smell. I put a little on my wrists and I don't think it's overpowering. I do like it but it's not extraordinary and I like scents on the sweeter side. But it is a nice perfume to have for some days when you want a warm smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

It's not bad, but I was hoping to love it due to the beautiful bottle and cute name. I prefer some of the other MJ scents, Dot in particular smells divine!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by butny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i hate it! hate it! hate it! its definitly kind of a chanel 5 smell, like old lady. its not that it stinks but its just not fresh or youthful. if you like fresh smelling perfumes stay away from it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kliprando

All I can say is it must totally depend on your body chemistry. At first spritz, I thought it was " ok". I could smell something like pencil shavings which turned me off. HOWEVER, people stop me all the time to ask what I'm wearing. On me it is very strong and long lasting. Kind of floral almost in an old lady kind of way but with this sexy warm spicy thing going on..... Probably the tonka bean.... Almost like if you mixed your grandma's perfume with Opium. Whatever it is, on me it is crazy sexy and I feel like a rock star in it. I feel like I walk by and people literally turn their heads to get a whiff. I really love it now. I searched for years for something that would get compliments and this is the first one I've ever worn that seems to stop people in their tracks.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Teochasse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was an Impulse buy from Sephora .I really love Daisy by Marc Jacobs so I grabbed 1 ounce of Lola perfume expecting it to be a similar lovely fragrance. The first shock came when I opened the box to take out the bottle.I was taken aback by how cheap and tacky the cap design looks .One expects to find this kind of tacky design at a Family Dollar store or in Chinese shop but not from renowned brand like Marc Jacobs.The perfume.......just bunch of decaying roses in a bottle.The initial spray was strong and smelled like roses,definately roses. Not the freshly cut roses kind, but decaying roses,Turkish Delight kind of roses. I could not smell any basenotes or notes underneath. Once the initial spray wears off, it dries down to an unpleasant, stale ,expired product smell, like a rotten stench,and the worst part is, it is a lasting one. It could well be that this fragrance just does not work with my body chemistry, but either way I've never bought a perfume that smells so bad on me . On a positive note, the very end note that remains to linger is an enticing patchouli note,if you have the patience to wait for it to develop .I am going to use this perfume on my bath towels because I can't imagine any self respecting woman wearing this reeking stench on her skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by youngjust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Strong overpowering perfume that I imediately regretted spraying on my skin. A bit later on it needed to be scrubbed off because I could not stand it any longer. Much too strong, not a pleasant smell whatsoever. Stay clear.