April 19, 2014 | 1663 users online

Fragrances - Marc Jacobs - Lola

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a small tube roll-on of this from TJ Maxx for only $10 just to try it. It has a classic, warm, slighty floral smell. I put a little on my wrists and I don't think it's overpowering. I do like it but it's not extraordinary and I like scents on the sweeter side. But it is a nice perfume to have for some days when you want a warm smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

It's not bad, but I was hoping to love it due to the beautiful bottle and cute name. I prefer some of the other MJ scents, Dot in particular smells divine!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by butny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i hate it! hate it! hate it! its definitly kind of a chanel 5 smell, like old lady. its not that it stinks but its just not fresh or youthful. if you like fresh smelling perfumes stay away from it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kliprando

All I can say is it must totally depend on your body chemistry. At first spritz, I thought it was " ok". I could smell something like pencil shavings which turned me off. HOWEVER, people stop me all the time to ask what I'm wearing. On me it is very strong and long lasting. Kind of floral almost in an old lady kind of way but with this sexy warm spicy thing going on..... Probably the tonka bean.... Almost like if you mixed your grandma's perfume with Opium. Whatever it is, on me it is crazy sexy and I feel like a rock star in it. I feel like I walk by and people literally turn their heads to get a whiff. I really love it now. I searched for years for something that would get compliments and this is the first one I've ever worn that seems to stop people in their tracks.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Teochasse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was an Impulse buy from Sephora .I really love Daisy by Marc Jacobs so I grabbed 1 ounce of Lola perfume expecting it to be a similar lovely fragrance. The first shock came when I opened the box to take out the bottle.I was taken aback by how cheap and tacky the cap design looks .One expects to find this kind of tacky design at a Family Dollar store or in Chinese shop but not from renowned brand like Marc Jacobs.The perfume.......just bunch of decaying roses in a bottle.The initial spray was strong and smelled like roses,definately roses. Not the freshly cut roses kind, but decaying roses,Turkish Delight kind of roses. I could not smell any basenotes or notes underneath. Once the initial spray wears off, it dries down to an unpleasant, stale ,expired product smell, like a rotten stench,and the worst part is, it is a lasting one. It could well be that this fragrance just does not work with my body chemistry, but either way I've never bought a perfume that smells so bad on me . On a positive note, the very end note that remains to linger is an enticing patchouli note,if you have the patience to wait for it to develop .I am going to use this perfume on my bath towels because I can't imagine any self respecting woman wearing this reeking stench on her skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by youngjust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Strong overpowering perfume that I imediately regretted spraying on my skin. A bit later on it needed to be scrubbed off because I could not stand it any longer. Much too strong, not a pleasant smell whatsoever. Stay clear.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I extremely loveeeeeeee the fact that it's long lasting on me and attracts compliments from people around me. Even my mom and sister in laws loves it. They thought that it is a perfect perfume and suits me very well. The price are ok for me. Would I buy it again? Yes!! My husband got me this for Christmas in 2011 and I still have it with me. Save it for special occasions and parties only :D

Review as of 17/2/2014 - I no longer like the smells of it on me. Am going to pass it on to my sister in law.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Marc Jacobs' Lola Eau de Parfum is described as a "warm floral bouquet that coveys the spirit of today's sexy, modern girl - she is playful, cool, and flirtatious. I received a little sample of this designer fragrance in a swap with my friend Stephanie. The Lola Eau de Parfum is available in four sizes; a .24 fl oz Rollerball ($22), a 1 fl oz spray ($48), a 1.7 fl oz spray ($68), and a 3.4 fl oz spray ($88). Marc Jacobs fragrances can be bought through the brand's website, at fine department stores, Ulta, and Sephora. Marc Jacobs fragrances are made by Coty Prestige, a subsidiary of Coty Inc, a company with an unclear animal testing policy. This Eau de Parfum was made in France.
My sample of Marc Jacobs Lola came in a black cardboard folder. The scent name and a stylized representation of the perfume bottle's cap grace the front of the folder. Inside, images of the full size bottle and a description of the scent can be found. The little sample vial features the scent name and a spritzer cap. The full sized packaging is described as having an "exquisite multi layered cap, a bursting bouquet with bright, modern colors that pop against a matte black background and rope inspired gold metallic neck. The silhouette is inspired by Marc's fashion collection." The purple bottle has a very elegant design, overall.
Lola is described as a "long lasting day to night scent, opens with pink peppercorn, pear, and ruby red grapefruit. Blooming midnotes of rose, fuchsia peony, and geranium make a feminine statement. Layers of vanilla, warm tonka bean, and creamy musk create a sensuous dry down." That's really specific description for a scent that smells like one thing - my Aunt Laura. No but for real, this scent smells a little ~mature~ to me. I can't really pick out any particular aspects of this fragrance, the notes mesh together a little too well. Marc Jacobs' Lola comes together to form a pretty common floral scent with just a touch of musk. If I really had to go out of my way to pick out some notes, I guess I'd call Lola a rose and geranium blend. I don't think I've ever smelled such an ordinary, non-specific high end/designer fragrance. How disappointing.
Marc Jacobs Lola Eau de Parfum isn't what I expected. After sampling and subsequently falling in love with Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so Fresh, I had really high expectations for Lola. This fragrance is such a standard floral, could you get any more dull? I'e never been one for florals, but I can at least appreciate an interesting or intricate floral. Also, I swear this is the scent my aunt wears. I don't think I'll be finishing my sample of this eau de parfum, and I certainly won't purchase a full size. I don't recommend Marc Jacobs Lola, its a boring scent with a high price tag. Try Daisy Eau so Fresh instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

One of my favorite scents but i must say that it can be very strong. I was sold at the Macy's perfume counter when the salesperson sprayed some onto my wrist. It was so long lasting and i was immediately sold. I bought the lotion with the perfume as well and together it smells so great. This fragrance is not particularly light and floral and does not resemble Marc Jabob's fragrance. I'd like to think of Lola as Daisy's older step sister. LOL

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by NeonBiitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is NOT Daisy! This is nothing even like Daisy--- this is Daisy's ugly, slutty, evil stepsister that moved into the house and is making life Hell!

10 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No