October 20, 2014 | 2102 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Styling Essentials Barber Shears

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by JacAlexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used these to trim my own hair just to save a little money, I'm extremely disappointed. They're very dull and after about two weeks I noticed the damage they did to my hair. Waste of money

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

use this for split ends, but its really dull

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by SeraphBriar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

They work. They get a little dull and eventually gum up with travel, but they do a fine job of snipping split ends. I'll probably replace them with something higher-end next time, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They get the job done. =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Sharp enough for trimming split ends, but not for haircuts.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by swann21

First, this thing is fastened with thick plastic ties. If you're able to find scissors that can cut through the ties, it would be better if you used that to cut your hair because these scissors are dull and probably couldn't even cut through the things they're bound with.

So, I wanted to feather my bangs by using the scissors sort of like a razor. It wouldn't cut through and I ended up pulling out pieces of my hair from the sheer force of trying to make it cut. Basically the edges are really dull, but if the only way you want to trim your hair is by snipping, then I guess this could work. But then so could kitchen scissors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My absolute favorite! I use these all the time to trim split ends or damaged hair. Never leaves behind a damaged end, and always cuts on the first contact. The scissors are a great price and better than the kind I've tried from Sephora. Have stayed sharp for years. I purchased these initially in 2005 or 2006, and now 3-4 years later after regular use they're just beginning to get dull. I will gladly keep them to use as a "regular" scissor and purchase another pair. They're only $10 and available at any drug store!