Conair Styling Essentials Barber Shears

3.0

on 11/4/2013 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used these to trim my own hair just to save a little money, I'm extremely disappointed. They're very dull and after about two weeks I noticed the damage they did to my hair. Waste of money

on 6/28/2011 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

use this for split ends, but its really dull

on 5/18/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

They work. They get a little dull and eventually gum up with travel, but they do a fine job of snipping split ends. I'll probably replace them with something higher-end next time, though.

on 2/3/2011 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

They get the job done. =)

on 9/5/2010 10:58:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Sharp enough for trimming split ends, but not for haircuts.

on 6/10/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

First, this thing is fastened with thick plastic ties. If you're able to find scissors that can cut through the ties, it would be better if you used that to cut your hair because these scissors are dull and probably couldn't even cut through the things they're bound with.

So, I wanted to feather my bangs by using the scissors sort of like a razor. It wouldn't cut through and I ended up pulling out pieces of my hair from the sheer force of trying to make it cut. Basically the edges are really dull, but if the only way you want to trim your hair is by snipping, then I guess this could work. But then so could kitchen scissors.

on 7/29/2009 2:16:00 PM

My absolute favorite! I use these all the time to trim split ends or damaged hair. Never leaves behind a damaged end, and always cuts on the first contact. The scissors are a great price and better than the kind I've tried from Sephora. Have stayed sharp for years. I purchased these initially in 2005 or 2006, and now 3-4 years later after regular use they're just beginning to get dull. I will gladly keep them to use as a "regular" scissor and purchase another pair. They're only $10 and available at any drug store!

Popular Hair Styling Tools