November 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Becca Sesame Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finely milled, does not cake, long lasting, great for t-zone. Slight, light, yellow color; good for neutralizing my pinkness. I'm not big on powder, still it has a place on my makeup table.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by MariellaFromBe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Becca finishing powders come in both lose and pressed forms and I got the lose one because you get more for a smaller price.
Both come with a puff but I like to apply with a brush.
Packaging is a bit hard to open sometimes but at least I know it wouldn't get lose and make a powder mess in my makeup bag! Plus the lid is very useful for swirling a brush into the powder.

I am actually extremely impressed with this powder for two reasons: it does really take away the shine from the areas that don't need to glow (I use more on the nose and forehead for obvious reasons) and it does really last all day, unlike most powders.
There aren't many colors available but there are, yellow, pink and neutral undertones including in the transluscent product, which makes it possible for everyone to find a good match.

Fine Lose Powder, 15g, USD34 - £26 (the pressed powder contains 10g and costs USD32, £45)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by noinoi

I generally don't wear poweder but I love this! It sets my makeup and makes my skin look clearer and more polished. This is also a really great colour. My foundation (by chanel) is meant to be perfect for my skin colour but actually it isn't quite right and so I look a bit grimey or something. This makes me look clear and fresh. Does not seem to break me out. Cool product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I can't believe I've never reviewed this powder. I've had mine for at least three years (bought it way back when Sephora still carried Becca) and it's still good. Does loose powder ever go bad? The full name is Becca Fine Loose Finishing Powder. Sesame is the perfect shade for my NC 25 skin. It's a pale yellow-based shade without any peach or pink but it's also not a straight yellow either. I love how it has just enough color to keep me from looking like a geisha yet doesn't have so much color that it changes my skintone. I detest any foundation or powder with pink or peach. What's the point of spending so muh time and effort hunting down that perfect foundation shade when your powder gives you away? Sesame will never turn orange or dark on your skin. Did I mention that it doesn't have any pink or peach? This powder is the most finely milled loose powder I've ever found. It's so silky and just sets your foundation and tone down oilies without adding anything to your face. It mattifies somewhat but I don't find it nearly as mattifying as MUFE Super Matte loose powder. It's also not a creamy powder like Smashbox Halo. I suppose you can call it a classic loose setting powder. I'm not a fan of the signature Becca packaging but I suppose it could be worse. I've neglected my Sesame powder over the years only because I switched to mineral foundation. It's one of the best loose powders out there even if it's on the expensive side.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a great powder which provides quite a lot of coverage and best used to set make up just after application. As a touch up powder this would be too heavy and BB sheer pressed powder is a better option. The colour is fantastic and suited to NC15-NC25. The finish is like silk as it is very finely milled and provides a totally flawless look. The trick is to know how much to use as a little goes a long way. Packaging is pretty good and the best way to use this is to turn it upside down, let some fall into the lid and pick it up in the lid with a brush, sort of like mineral foundations but this requires no swirling. The finish is long lasting and does not cake after your face begins to secrete oils. The colour also stays true and does not darken. Highly recommended for all skin types, esp oily combination types who will appreciate its oil-absorbing properties without looking too matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by valacelo

I love this powder!

Is is perfect for setting foundation and adds a little extra coverage. It isn't drying and makes your foundation look perfect. :)

The price is reasonable in Australia as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with most of the reviewers here. I am in my “Perfect Powder” quest…. Mind you, I have been trying almost all the high end brands available out there…. I have been using for years Chanel (still one of my favourites) and Dior - this one is now a lower that average product as they recently changed the formulation (the one that is now in the half transparent squared jar with deep blue top… content 16 grams against the old 25grams amd is grossly milled, & the colour range is different - I hate it now !!). besides that I have been trying almost all the Department Store brands… but I am still searching.
So I have tried the Becca in Sesame, thanks to a generous swapper (Becca is very hardly found here in Italy).
Love at fist sight! It is very very luminous thanks to a subtle shimmer - but very discreet – and the slight yellow shade of Sesame is the right amount of colour to give you that glow, that ray of light.
I am fair, a NC15 in MAC, and this shade is perfect for me.
Great staying power, keeps you matt for hours… does not dry you up.
I love it! I will certainly buy it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by bedouinjen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ADORE IT. favorite powder ever. light weight,never cakey... fine millled...buy it now.

packaging is a problem in its tub....but not unlike alot of powders out there. you just have to be careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 8:33:00 AM More reviews by winnie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful lightweight powder. The fine particles set into your skin and doesn't make you look cakey or powdery. Best powder I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2006 9:47:00 AM More reviews by vas_celo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder! Its not drying like my old powder (LM translucent) and finishes to a gorgeous velvety/airbrushed effect. Good colour range also.

I use it to set liquid and cream foundations, tinted moisturisers and on its own and get great results each time.

The packaging is annoying though as too much tends to come out at once and the powder is not really portable because of this.