August 1, 2014 | 1236 users online

Lip Treatments - Urban Decay - Lip Primer Potion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I've never seen or looked for this, but received in a swap recently and wow, I hope its not discontinued. I'm a huge lipstick fan and love to rock bold colors, but even the driest matte lipsticks tend to fade or peel off making lipstick a two hour evening item rather than every day. this stuff works better than lipliner and is much less drying!

I apply this over bare lips, line then color. then i will add a balm or gloss on top. although the fresh lipstick won't last through a meal, somehow the color still manages to stay on EVENLY. yes. through lunch, coffee, and cigs. I dont have to touch up and I used the creamiest and brightest lipsticks to test. the color is not as satin and is more of a matte by the time youre done with eating, but the important thing is that my lips are not cracking three hours in and I'm floundering to reapply over peeling lips. heavenly. where has this been all my life...I can now have red lips be my signature look with no discomfort.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Milliemoon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so happy I took a chance on this. My lipstick stays on for hours and the color is true. When my lipstick fades, it fades evenly. It is a bit drying, so I put a very light layer of chapstick first, then the primer and then lipstick. This primer has no color or shine, so I include it just outside the lip line and I don't have a feathering problem anymore either.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by effstar

I do love this product, I use it under all my mac lipsticks, it's great with all the finishes but it does make them all very matte which can be annoying. However it does what it says on the tin!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the first lip primer I ever tried and after that I was under the impression that lip primers were the spawn of Satan, ascended to Earth in the shape of a horrendous product, deceiving me by wearing the face of one of my favourite brands. I didn't even go near lip primers after that. It was so drying on the lips that it made me want to cry. Applying lipstick over it looked horrible.

I have, however, since then changed my mind about primers and happily use MAC's on a daily basis.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by afishcalledamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hadn't tried lip primer prior to using Lip Primer Potion, but I was hoping that it would help improve the look and lasting power of my favorite lipsticks. While it did help them last longer, I unfortunately found it to be very drying.
While applying it, it felt a little like sand paper rubbing across my lips (making it somewhat difficult to apply), and withing a few minutes of wearing it my lips felt very dry. I tried wearing some lip balm under it, but it doesn't help.
I rate it two lipsticks for helping my lipstick last longer, but in the end it was just too drying for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jakelovesmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this product since the eye primer potion is amazing. Unfortunately I found it dried out the lips and caused a cakey creased mess in the fine lines and corners. The only use I found for this product is when doing a very precise red lip, and you are worried about it bleeding or staining. Just make sure to moisturize the lips well before applying.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

Sadly, this does not live up to Urban Decay's Primer Potion for eyeshadow. I was really excited about this because I was hoping I had finally found a lip primer that could match up to UDPP, but I was unfortunately let down. This does not go in lips easily and looks ugly and chalky by itself, accentuating any dry or flaky skin on the lips. While it does prevent lipstick from bleeding off the lips, it does nothing to actually make the lipstick look better ON the lips.. In fact, I think it takes away from the lipstick's integrity and makes it look a little bland. Very disappointing, I was expecting more from Urban Decay on this one. I do sometimes spread just a little bit of it around the outside of my mouth to prevent lipstick from bleeding, and that works alright.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you want your lipstick to stay on, this will do it. The best I have ever gotten from the long stay lip colors is four hours and only left with a stain. But this made it more than six, until I took it off, and looked just applied. I did use the new Lancome Bloom in Love lipstick that claims six hours. When I used it without the primer, as I bought the lipstick first, it make it the usual three or four hours and I was left with a tiny, tiny bit of color around my lips. But with this primer it looked great, and after dinner, too. This is a bit drying on your lips and it does have to go on first, so i put gloss on after my lipstick to get some hydration. It is not easy to get on either. It is a thick wax, but he applicator is good. If you are serious this is the way to go, the lip primer to use. And I have tried many.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by AhyKayGee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It helps to nude out my lip a little so the color of my glosses or lipsticks are truer and last longer. Alone it makes my lips feel a little dry but under a gloss or lipstick they just feel very smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Sasha58

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like so many other reviewers, I can't see that this product provides any benefit at all -- in fact, I'm shocked at how little good it does. Not only does it dry out my lips, but it doesn't seem to add a millisecond of staying power to my lipstick. Finally, the stick broke after about two uses, and I have to keep shoving it down into the tube! So I am now throwing it away. Will try some of the other lip primers mentioned, since I definitely need something to stop my lipstick from disappearing.