October 30, 2014 | 1613 users online

Crème - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Cream to Powder Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by kissmeimacat

I fell in love with a Smashbox cream to powder foundation that was med/full coverage and came in a similar package. Once that was discontinued, i looked for a replacement and found this. Sad to say... i realized it was making me break out! My usually clear forhead was covered in tiny little pimples and the rest of my face was starting to break out in bigger pimples. I stopped using it for a week and it cleared up, then i tried it again (just to make sure) and i broke out again. I'm so sad because i love the ease of the little brush and the texture of the foundation. oh well, time to find another.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by haikusamurai

This product is also a love-hate for me.

SUMMARY: HEY, URBAN DECAY. MAKE REFILLS!!

the hate:
1) Expensive.
2) Huge compact, small amount of product! bad for the planet and wasteful.
3) No refills. hello? this would solve 1 and 2 !

the love:
1) decent coverage
2) amazing shades that match my olive skin (LOVE LOVE!)
3) no breakouts (but also not super long lasting)
4) convenient packaging

So i have been out of this for over 2 months and haven't repurchased. I just can't fork over thirty five dollars for like eight grams of product and so much plastic.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I bought it this week. Packaging is amazing, cant stop staring at it! But is a bit massive, which is after all a minus for a makeup bag. The color seemed a bit dark, I bought fate which is the fairest... But on face it was like magic: great matching to skin tone, mattifies my oily areas and good coverage for pores. It is a shame there is only 8 grams in it because it is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by amra1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, the packaging is a little bulky but you cant deny that is is gorgeous!!
This applies verryyyy light on the skin and it feels like im not wearing anything on my face! Its my summer foundation because of the staying power and how light it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by nomnomloot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great foundation. I have awfully dry skin, but this is perfect, and not too oily / doesn't look greasy. Also, this product has the prettiest packaging ever. The downside: there is not a lot of foundation in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by polkadotshears

I really do like this product. I've bought it about 4 times now, and I think I will continue buying it.

This really does make your skin look flawless! And without breaking you out. I love it. You can build as much or as little as you want for your perfect coverage.

I don't care all that much for the brush, it doesn't blend that well for me.

Also the only complaint I have about the product itself is that sometimes it 'cakes' on. It doesn't feel cakey, but sometimes I have a hard time blending it in.

But I would take a couple extra minutes to blend to get that flawless skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by dontcallmecass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I love the product itself. It really does give you flawless medium – full coverage. It also does not break me out AT ALL. I have fairly oily skin at times and have tried all different kinds of foundations and this one truly is the best fit for my skin. It also stays put for a decent amount of time. I never have to blot for oil and it comes in the perfect color for me (I have more of a yellow undertone).

I HATE the fact that this product is so over priced. It does not last much over a month and once you get to the bottom of the compact it’s not as easy to use it. Also, the little brush that comes with it is absolutely pointless. You definitely should apply it with a sponge, so that’s another expense. It’s definitely a solid product, it’s just way overpriced for the amount of makeup that you get.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by robertmugabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is just an okay foundation. It's not the worst I've tried but it's definitely not the best. It provides a medium, even coverage with a dewy finish. However for a high end product the staying power was not great. It doesn't last all day and it can cake up during the day.

But the main thing that dissapointed me the most was how little product you get in this thing. I hit pan in less than a month and that wasn't even using a heavy hand or using it every day. I was really shocked to hit pan so soon. Definitely will not be purchasing it or recommending it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Im extremely torn about how I feel about this product. First, I think the coverage on this is great...a medium coverage with a slightly dewy finish.This IS a product I can use and get completely flawless looking skin with, which I LOVE. But, it breaks me out. Not in big pimples, but clusters of little under the skin ones. I didn't realize it so I kept putting more and more on to try and "fix" the problem, and then I finally figured out what was going on. It does contain a lot of different "cones" and other pore cloggers like Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-10/1, and other things that contain irritate skin...one of them being a form of plastic...I can't remember the chemical name for it now though. If you aren't sensitive to anything on the ingrediants list, I would def. give this a try. Great coverage, good for travelling and wears well. Wish this didn't break me out...because it would def be a HG foundation for me if it didn't.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted this to work for me!! I love powder foundations and find liquid makeup too much of a hassle sometimes, this seemed like it could be a perfect compromise. I was so wrong :(

My skin: fair, with a neutral/beige tone. Oily, often mistaken as being cool toned (pink) because I have mild rosacea. not broken to breakouts but sometimes clogged pores. The color ILLUSION worked perfectly on my skin!
I applied this with fingers, sponge and foundation brush (not the cheap thing they put in the compact) and they all work great. For a few hours. Then this foundation just really starts to sink into pores making them look big and noticeable and I it seems like my tzone just "eats" this foundation leaving a greasy mess behind. And yes, I set with matte powder.

People might say, "you need to use primer or setting spray" well, I just paid nearly $40 for this and I don't think I should have to spend another $28 for the UD pore primer just to make it work!

PROS:
finish is lovely, nice soft matte
color match was great
compact is cute but a little bulky
can easily build up coverage

CONS:
WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for the little amount you actually get.. Seriously, if you used this on a daily basis, you'd probably be buying $40 of foundation every 2 months. the compact is heavy and big but it's deceiving.
Doesn't last for more than 3 hours without needing to reapply
the cheap brush that comes in the bottom of the compact is worthless.

This would be nice on normal to slightly dry skin. Anybody who is oily would definitely require primer and lots of matte powder. I shall be returning mine to Sephora and looking for something better. Even the Covergirl Aquasmooth compact foundation outperforms this stuff and it's less than $10 at the drugstore. Sorry UD, I love you but this one is a dud for me.