April 24, 2014 | 1888 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Naked (old formulation, pre 2013)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by 1017

The new Revolution version (see separate review) of this shade is much better than this old glisteny, pinky weird version. I don't like this one, but the new shade is amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by junglelulu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The lipstick is pretty nice (although my snapped off at the bottom really quickly), it is a nice colour, but doesn't last for long.
I will NOT buy this again because the packaging is the most awful I have ever seen. It's massive and heavy for a lipstick, but reallllly hard to open because of the gimic-y little sword handle. It really hurts my fingers to try and pull it out, I usually have to use a piece of fabric to hold it. What a joke!

Also, Urban Decay just got bought by LOreal, which tests on animals, so buying from urban decay now means giving money to an umbrella corporation that tests on animals, which isn't necessary at all. If I'm paying mid - high range prices for makeup, it's going to be cruelty free.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great My Lips But Better shade which is somewhat moisturising (I still need to lip balm my lips after application). Great for pale to medium complexions.

The packaging is bloody awful! So much so that I won't bother repurchasing this lipstick as it's very dupable. It is very hard to withdraw the lippie from it's outer casing as all you have to hold on to is that stupid sword (aka supposed handle). Packaging = utter fail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my all time favorite lipsticks. The color is the closest I've ever found to mlbb. The perfect mix of pinky/rosy/brown. What it lacks in a long weartime it makes up for with an awesome creamy moisturizing texture. Above average pigment but still goes with everything, never competes with other m/u I have on. Has a strong caramel/vanilla smell that I don't find particularly appealing but doesn't bother me either. The only bad thing about it is the packaging - it's unneccasarily bulky and takes up too much room in my bag, and is totally impractical for putting in a slim clutch. This is something to keep in mind since it's texture does lend it to needing to be reapplied, and therefore putting it in certain bags/clutches can be especially inconvenient (or impossible). The packaging is so much of a hassle that I am not interested in any of the other shades, but I adore this one so much I'll continue to repurchase and keep my fingers crossed that they'll switch to smaller packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by amarose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG! HG! I love this lipstick! How can it look so different in the tube (sort of blah) but then be the perfect MLBB color? I just tried it this morning after receiving it last night, and it's wonderful. Of course, it was underwhelming in my bathroom's lighting (where pretty much everything looks underwhelming) but outdoors in "real" lighting, it's incredible. The perfect "I can wear this with anything anywhere" color. Super creamy, too. Didn't put a balm under it, and so far it doesn't seem to be drying me out. Don't hate the packaging (the coolness factor is not lost on me), but I have to say, as a 40-something, it would be nice if it was just a LITTLE sleeker, or especially if there was an option to buy it in a more traditional lipstick tube. But, personal preference mixed with age, I guess. That's certainly not going to stop me from buying backups! I think I need one for my purse, home, work...! If I had to pick one lipstick to take with me next month on vacation (and I have a LOT, lipstick and gloss junkie) it would be this one. If you have even the slightest thought that you might want/like this color, GET IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this lipstick, it's probably my favorite of all I have. It's a gorgeous pinky nude, a lovely MLBB color. I'm pretty pale, cool to neutral toned, with just slightly pigmented lips.The best part about UD lipsticks is the formula. Super creamy, highly pigmented. They don't settle in lines or make your lips look or feel dry. They don't last super long, but I guess that's because they are so creamy. This was my first one, and I've bought 2 more since then. Not a huge fan of the packaging-the sword is a bit of a pain. From what I can tell from mine though, it looks as though you could still twist it up if it did happen to break off. I just make sure to carry it inside a little case. It's a bit spendy, and the packaging is a little bit of a pain (but cute!) but it is WELL worth it. It's hard to find a good selection in stores; Ulta has a few, but UD and beauty.com have a big selection. (NA) These lipsticks are fantastic, highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by LauraJackie

Love, love, love!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by jtenopir88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love the color of this lipstick and the way it feels when I first put it on, but it doesn't stay on for that long, even with a lip primer or lip pencil underneath. Plus the 1st time I used this, the lipstick fell out of the tube, so I had to melt it down and put it in a pan so I could keep using it. So for amount this lipstick costs, it would be really nice if the company would make this better: last more than just 30 mins and stay in the pretty little sword like packaging!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a perfect neutral lipstick that goes with any makeup look. Seriously, I can slap this lipstick on with anything and it looks great. It's my new go-to color when I just can't think of another color lipstick to wear or I need something super fast and don't have time to try out different colors. I love the cream finish Urban Decay lipsticks in general. The texture and look is so smooth and creamy. They also last quite a while before I need a touch-up. Naked seems to last a little less long than other cream shades, but it's still not bad. For extra color or extra lasting power I just pair it with a lip liner underneath. I have too many lipsticks to use this up anytime soon, but I would definitely repurchase this in the future or if I lost it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by llhill

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased from Sephora, and similar to a previous reviewer, there is a flaw in the packaging. Took over 5 minutes to remove the top. The color was nice, but with zero staying power. After only 2-3 uses, and with opening up the tube just a bit, the entire tube of color fell over, it's now useless. This is a very poorly made product, even if the color is nice