December 21, 2014 | 1786 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin - 200 Nude

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I used this years ago (b4 reformulated!) & had remembered I liked it back then so I decided I was gonna try a "new" foundation (DS), so I bought 2 diff Loreal's & this....& they are all good in their own ways, but I like the ColorStay for a few major reasons: 1 full coverage 2 can find anywhere (no special trips to the mall like MAC/Ulta/Sephora) 3 no transferring onto clothes 4 can find deals on it like BOGO 50%. 5 you get a lot of product for ur money 6 color selection is decent for the majority of medium skin tones (this could be a con if ur really pale or WOC). The things I didn't like were: 1 soooo hard to remove (mere makeup wipes don't do the job & that's what I normally use at nite 2 price (kind of high for a DS foundation) 3 hate the bottle!!!! It is hard to dispense, wish it had a pump & don't like glass bottles. So I guess I had more reasons to like it than not! I am a big ColorStay whipped fan, & I love this foundation too. There's no reason a girl has to have just one favorite foundation :) This kept me blotting like usual but didn't break me out. I've got extremely oily skin, can be acne prone if wrong products. I will repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by ACVR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this, since it's so popular amongs the oily people, like me, but it's horrible. I got super dark after it settled on my face. The shades are wack, it smells like insect repelent, and it gave me a rash.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Niki2690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've heard so many positive reviews about this foundation and I had to try it out for myself. Turned out to be the worst foundation for me. I have normal/fair skin. This foundation first off smells weird. It covers well but it looks like a mask on your face. It is really hard to wash off ( with soap, foamy remover, etc). I stopped using it and still have a full bottle. I should throw it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Vesperante

Revlon Colorstay was my holy grail foundation for a good few years until I discovered Almay's TLC foundation. I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but if you're acne prone like myself and seeking at least a medium coverage foundation that will stay on all day, I promise that Almay whups Colorstay's butt. When I went back to Colorstay for a bit after running out of TLC, I found that my T-zone became oily much quicker, and rubbed off far more easily. I wear TLC with Nude by Nature's mineral cover over the top, and once I've applied it at 7am, it won't come off until 11pm when I head to bed and wash it off myself. Colorstay wins in the colour range department, but if you're lucky enough to find a match in the TLC range, you'll never have to scour MakeupAlley for another foundation again. The only reason I'm still searching is because the lightest Almay shade (Buff) is a teeny tiny tad too dark for me. It's slightly darker and slightly more pigmented than Colorstay in Buff, which is a perfect match for my skin. But if you've got fair, warm toned skin, give Almay a shot and I promise you won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Macprincessxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this foundation it's cheap, long lasting, full coverage but I don't like the packaging would rather have a pump but overall brill :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Artipatel7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-good coverage
-didn't oxidize like most foundations I've used
-the color really does stay
-nice semi dewy finish
-good to lightly cover my undereyes instead of also using a concealer
-good amount of product
-drugstore. Easily found and good price
-wide shade selection

Cons:
-sticky unless set
-feels heavy and sits on top of skin
-very hard to completely take off
-no dispenser which makes it unsanitary
-broke me out especially in between eyebrows

Overall I would not buy this product again. It makes me feel sick because it just sits on top of my skin and doesn't let it breathe. It also breaks me out which is very rare because I before this I've only had about four pimples in four years

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

The good: looked nice on my face and stayed pretty matte.

The bad: kinda thicker than I'd prefer

The ugly: cystic acne within days of trying this

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by fruitykittens

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product daily in 110 ivory for months and I love it! I have extremely acne prone skin and it hasn't caused me to breakout in the slightest. It is also the only color that's been fair enough for my pale skin (I've tried every drugstore brand under the sun). It's also very durable even with my oily skin, only needing a possible touch up on my nose at night after an active day. I've fallen asleep with it on and it looks decent in the morning. The packaging is simple and easy, and format let crusty dried makeup buildup. It can get a bit annoying when it runs low, trying to get the last of it out of the bottle. Personally, though, I've final found my perfect match :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by lyncake

I consider myself to have pretty oily skin but I get dry patches every once in a while. when I tried this formula I was first and foremost annoyed with trying to get it out of the container! It's way too thick to be in a jar, I had to use a thin concealer brush to spoon it onto a sponge. The product goes on super thick and it weighs my face down, but somehow the coverage is still really sheer. I have a lot of dark acne scars, so that maybe be why I wasn't impressed with the coverage, but it didn't do much for light blemishes either. I was wearing it for a few week with a light translucent powder to set it (it doesn't dry very well and stays kind of sticky without powder) and I noticed within about four-six hours it started to pill up and look blotchy, like only parts of my face had makeup on it. my pores stood out something awful, they look like they were under a magnifying glass! And then to top things off, it would make any dry areas look super flaky. It may be your holy grail foundation, by my combination skin just did not agree with this formula. I much prefer the "normal/dry" version, even though that one isn't fantastic either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this foundation for about 2 weeks and I love it so far! My reasons...

PROS:
1. I'm very fair, and also there is a pink tone to my skin, and almost every skin makeup I try is too dark and too yellowy to suit my face, but the lightest shade available of this works perfectly. ( also, I've heard that it oxidizes but I haven't really experienced that.)

2. I have problems with acne and break out a lot, and even though this is a pretty high-coverage foundation it doesn't seem to clog my pores and it DOESN'T break me out. Which is a very important pro for me. :)

3. Having said that, I do have acne and sometimes with this, I don't even have to apply concealer on top of it. It's great coverage.

4. It makes your skin look perfect. I've gotten so many compliments on my face since I started using it; people say it makes my face look glowy.

5. It honestly does last throughout the whole day. Since I have to go to school early, I apply it around 6:30 a.m. and it will last if I have to work until 7 or 8 p.m. the same day. You barely even have to powder it again, and it still looks great.

CONS:
1. It is a little hard to wash off. I use a scrub before bed, which gets it off effectively but if you just use makeup remover or lotion it won't come off. (Which I guess can be a pro for day)

2. It's kind of awkward to dispense, and maybe not the most sanitary... but it works.

That's all I've got! I really do like this foundation though and will probably buy it again when it runs out! :)