April 17, 2014 | 1013 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin - 200 Nude

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this foundation for about 2 weeks and I love it so far! My reasons...

PROS:
1. I'm very fair, and also there is a pink tone to my skin, and almost every skin makeup I try is too dark and too yellowy to suit my face, but the lightest shade available of this works perfectly. ( also, I've heard that it oxidizes but I haven't really experienced that.)

2. I have problems with acne and break out a lot, and even though this is a pretty high-coverage foundation it doesn't seem to clog my pores and it DOESN'T break me out. Which is a very important pro for me. :)

3. Having said that, I do have acne and sometimes with this, I don't even have to apply concealer on top of it. It's great coverage.

4. It makes your skin look perfect. I've gotten so many compliments on my face since I started using it; people say it makes my face look glowy.

5. It honestly does last throughout the whole day. Since I have to go to school early, I apply it around 6:30 a.m. and it will last if I have to work until 7 or 8 p.m. the same day. You barely even have to powder it again, and it still looks great.

CONS:
1. It is a little hard to wash off. I use a scrub before bed, which gets it off effectively but if you just use makeup remover or lotion it won't come off. (Which I guess can be a pro for day)

2. It's kind of awkward to dispense, and maybe not the most sanitary... but it works.

That's all I've got! I really do like this foundation though and will probably buy it again when it runs out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Rednails0007

I've been wearing this for over 2 years now, so I think it's legitimate to write a little review here for my OG foundation. :)
I hope that those pros/cons and tricks will be helpfull for some of you.

MY SKIN:
29 years old, so fine lines are starting. :(
Acne prone/cystic acne being treated with benzoyle peroxide every day.
Medium olive tone/NC 25ish. (not a Mac pro speaking here...)

PROS:
Medium to full COVERAGE (can hide blemishes)
200 NUDE fits me well most of the year, except when I'm really taned, then I go a shade or 2 higher.
Beige colors are great for medium/olive tone skins like mine.
Doesn't break me out (outer foundation can make me react in just a few hours)
COVERS ACNE scars quite well (a lot better than the NORMAL FORMULA), to the point that I don't even fell like I need to use concealer.
Doesn't set into my FINE LINES at all!
PACKAGING (yes!): It's a sturdy bottle that I'm not affraid to travel with (leaking/beaking). To get the right amount of product, I just put a finger on the opening and turn the container upside down and then apply on one zone at a time, blending with a flat top brush to avoid stikes. Almost better than using a pump!
PHOTOS: used it on my wedding day at the result was flawless! No flashback and airbrushed look.
COMFORTABLE on the skin troughout the day, not too oily/too dry.
TRANSFER resistant.
Doesn't really OXIDIZE on me: even if the shade is sometime not a 100% match, it is easy to fix blending a little bit down the neck and contouring a little.

CONS:
"Can" be hard to APPLY to makeup newbies (can be striky, dries kind of fast, cakey if too much is applied). TRICK: always moisturize first and blend well, small section at a time.
"Can" be hard to REMOVE. My trick, use coconut oil and massage it all over your face (yes, even the eyes!) for a few seconds. When you feel that all your makeup is melted (even mascara), remove the excess with a towelette or tissues. Only then, you can wash your face normaly, treat and moisturize. It works like a sharm to me! :)
PRICE: a little pricy for a drugstore foundation here in Canada, but well worth the inverstment on my opinion. Trick: I know I will always by again, so I keep an eye on specials when I glance at the makeup aisles.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by jod84

as a makeup junky i have used probably every line of makeup out there and yet i always come back to my colorstay it reminds me of esteeluder double wear. its very easy to bulid use it with a wet sponge for a sheer look or use it with a flat top brush for full coverage. it keeps my oily tzone pretty matte i only need to blot 1-2 times a day and it wont come off no matter how oily your skin is!!!! im on to my 4th bottle i hope revlon never stops making this its my go too makeup :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combo normal-dry skin and I meant to buy this foundation in the Normal/Dry formula, but I accidentally picked up a bottle of the Combo/Oily formula... Long story short, I actually really like this foundation, even though it's the "wrong" formula for my skin. I apply my moisturizer and then quickly apply the Colorstay with a stippling brush before the moisturizer has completely sunk in. The finish is matte, but it wears totally even throughout the day and I don't get dry patches. The coverage is heavy (actually a little too heavy for my taste) and gives a flawless, poreless finish. For everyday use, I do find it looks a bit better if I wet the brush before applying, to sheer it out a bit.

I am NC20, but my best match is Nude. Buff is too grayish and light on me. It makes me look lifeless. Nude is a tiny bit dark and orange on my winter-pale face, but if I apply just a bit of self tanner or bronzer, Nude is perfect. My only complaints about this product are 1) I wish it came in a pump bottle or squeeze tube, as the open bottle can get a bit messy over time and 2) it does reflect a lot of light back with flash photography, giving you a white face in pictures. Otherwise, I think it's a great product. It's comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Khalisi86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is really good product. The only reason I do not buy it again is that it breaks me out....It's quite heavy and thick but it gives very good coverage, stays on for long hours and if you do not put too much it looks nice and natural. It smells quite strong and color shades are not amazing as they quite pinky but it is one of the best foundations for oily skin. I still need to blot my face after 4-5 hours and I also use my powder on my T-zone but overall great drugstore foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is really great on my skin! First off, it's high-coverage, it dries to a matte finish and it has the BEST lasting-power I've ever seen in my life for a foundation. I seriously do think this would last you 24 hours if you actually stayed awake that long.

I wear this everyday for school but recently I've been wearing it even during weekends, in really, every day. I have combination skin, so the sides of my face where my cheeks are, my skin is more "normal" and then my nose and chin is extremely oily, especially my nose. I really would only recommend this foundation if you are pretty oily on some spots of your face because seriously this is kind of drying after it sets on your face, whether you powder or not. I've noticed that I really do need to moisturize very well before applying this on. Obviously if you have normal to dry skin, you'll want to pick up the Normal/Dry skin formula of this foundation and not this one. Funny enough, I actually wear this foundation in the shade Nude 200 and for the most part, it matches me pretty well but it is the slightest bit lighter then my skin tone which I don't mind because at the end of the day when this foundation oxidizes, it matches me perfectly. Be very careful not to pack on the powder with this because you will look very cakey, especially if you're wearing a thick layer of the foundation already. I would recommend a setting spray such as the Urban Decay De-Slick or All-Nighter, or the E.L.F setting spray. For powders, a silica-based setting powder such as the MakeUp Forever HD or for a cheaper alternative, the E.L.F HD powder. I say this because, trust me, because this foundation dries matte, you will look very powdery and dry if you put on a foundation-powder over this, or any coloured-pressed powder for that matter. Also, make sure you buy this at a department store or get it on sale at your drugstore because I know that in Canada, this sells for $19.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart which is ridiculously expensive considering this is not a high-end makeup product.

Overall, though, I absolutely love the finish this leaves my skin with; my skin looks flawless and super smooth for the whole entire day and I don't have to touch up on my nose or chin because this already has great oil control! I think I wouldn't use the Combo/Oily formula during the winter time, I think I'd use the Normal/Dry, but for the summer, this one's perfect! I say if you're looking for a foundation that's going to make you look fresh, sophisticated, and look like you actually tried to look good, then this is definitely going to work out great for you; not to mention the long-wearability of this, you'll be able to look flawless the whole day no matter what occasion.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kristinae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for almost a year now. I have a lot of acne scars and a couple of mild break outs. This foundation does a good job at covering, but like everyone is saying; it dries extremely fast. I used a damp sponge for a while to cover it, but due to me being lazy I use my fingers. The packaging doesn't bother me at times, but you can pour too much out, which does get a big irritating. It doesn't make me break out, if I wash it off at night, which is good. But I'm half asian, so I have more of a yellowish tone and my skin is baby soft. This foundation makes me look completely grey and is very dry and cakey. I work at a clothing store and I'm under a very bright white light 99% of the time and this foundation looks HORRIBLE under that lighting. But in rooms with natural lighting, I look flawless. That's the main reason why I wouldn't buy this product again, I want something with good coverage, that looks completely natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Color me surprised...

I used Colorstay foundation back in the day,
in its first incarnation. It was a pain to apply
and it often got 'masky' after a few hours.
I was very oily back then, and needed coverage,
and lasting power.
But the masky-ness got to me.
Colorstay became color-went..into the trash.

I saw allll the reviews here at MA,
and thought I'd give it a shot.
Time has past; my skin has aged,
and is dry and sensitive during the winter.
But come summer humidity, the oilies are back!

Colorstay, in its Oily/combo incarnation is a pleasant
surprise. I am meticulous in application,
you don't need much, but the coverage is there.
And yes.. it lasts, absorbs the oilies,
and looks very nice.
I approve. IT doesn't highlight lines or flaws,
just looks good.

So.. add me to those who are fans of the
drugstore brand.
When winter comes I may buy the
dry formula.
But for now, its my summer foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by missani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have two favorite foundations. Revlon Colorstay and Graftobian HD foundation.

Coverage and durability: I love this one because it is smudge resistant, lasts all day, had excellent coverage and is buildable. I think it feels lightweight once applied despite its thick liquid consistency and finishes matte or natural. Even if I go swimming it holds up fairly well.
For humid climates this foundation is great because it takes a lot to make it budge. for those prone to breakouts it might be a little too heavy though and maybe a water based foundation is better. If you have exceptionally dry or flaky skin its probably a good idea to scrub and moisturize before using this mascara as it is a matte finish and flakiness can show up under it quite easily (In Winter if its particularly cold I switch to Graftobian as its a creamier, more dry-friendly formula)

Application: Because this is a liquid foundation it dries fairly quickly. I found that applying with clean fingertips works best for me. I tried sponges but they tend to absorb more of the product than it applies to your face and brushes don't spread as evenly and tends to leave brush strokes on your face. I only use brushes with water based liquids or sponges with cream foundation.

Packaging: The packaging is visually pleasing and if you use a spatula its great because you can get all of the product out of the container, but because there is not pump top or squeeze tube it can get a little messy and if you just use your fingers its a bit unhygienic. Wash hands before and after using or use a clean sponge to apply.

Price: I have looked at the prices of this foundation and it varies greatly depending on country I travel to. I bought it for $9 in the states, but i've seen it range from that all the way up $35 in Australia. So if you can find it online (if not in the US) it's probably a lot cheaper than in shops. }

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've heard good things about this makeup for years, but just recently decided to give it a try. I normally wear tinted moisturizer, but I wanted something with a little more coverage. Although I'm in my mid-forties, I still have oily skin so I got the combo/oily formula. I was a little worried that it might be too difficult to spread or that it may settle into fine lines, but my worries were unfounded. It spreads and blends quite easily and evenly with a sponge and it doesn't tend to settle into lines. It looks natural and beautiful - not like a face caked with makeup. It even makes pores appear smaller! I still tend to get a little oily, but that's just the nature of my skin. It has not caused any breakouts at all. This is as close to HG as I've gotten with a foundation and I've tried way too many to list. Most of them have not been drugstore products and have cost at least twice as much as Colorstay.