September 30, 2014 | 1711 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin - 200 Nude

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Niki2690

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've heard so many positive reviews about this foundation and I had to try it out for myself. Turned out to be the worst foundation for me. I have normal/fair skin. This foundation first off smells weird. It covers well but it looks like a mask on your face. It is really hard to wash off ( with soap, foamy remover, etc). I stopped using it and still have a full bottle. I should throw it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Vesperante

Revlon Colorstay was my holy grail foundation for a good few years until I discovered Almay's TLC foundation. I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but if you're acne prone like myself and seeking at least a medium coverage foundation that will stay on all day, I promise that Almay whups Colorstay's butt. When I went back to Colorstay for a bit after running out of TLC, I found that my T-zone became oily much quicker, and rubbed off far more easily. I wear TLC with Nude by Nature's mineral cover over the top, and once I've applied it at 7am, it won't come off until 11pm when I head to bed and wash it off myself. Colorstay wins in the colour range department, but if you're lucky enough to find a match in the TLC range, you'll never have to scour MakeupAlley for another foundation again. The only reason I'm still searching is because the lightest Almay shade (Buff) is a teeny tiny tad too dark for me. It's slightly darker and slightly more pigmented than Colorstay in Buff, which is a perfect match for my skin. But if you've got fair, warm toned skin, give Almay a shot and I promise you won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Macprincessxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this foundation it's cheap, long lasting, full coverage but I don't like the packaging would rather have a pump but overall brill :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Artipatel7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-good coverage
-didn't oxidize like most foundations I've used
-the color really does stay
-nice semi dewy finish
-good to lightly cover my undereyes instead of also using a concealer
-good amount of product
-drugstore. Easily found and good price
-wide shade selection

Cons:
-sticky unless set
-feels heavy and sits on top of skin
-very hard to completely take off
-no dispenser which makes it unsanitary
-broke me out especially in between eyebrows

Overall I would not buy this product again. It makes me feel sick because it just sits on top of my skin and doesn't let it breathe. It also breaks me out which is very rare because I before this I've only had about four pimples in four years

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

The good: looked nice on my face and stayed pretty matte.

The bad: kinda thicker than I'd prefer

The ugly: cystic acne within days of trying this

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by fruitykittens

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product daily in 110 ivory for months and I love it! I have extremely acne prone skin and it hasn't caused me to breakout in the slightest. It is also the only color that's been fair enough for my pale skin (I've tried every drugstore brand under the sun). It's also very durable even with my oily skin, only needing a possible touch up on my nose at night after an active day. I've fallen asleep with it on and it looks decent in the morning. The packaging is simple and easy, and format let crusty dried makeup buildup. It can get a bit annoying when it runs low, trying to get the last of it out of the bottle. Personally, though, I've final found my perfect match :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by lyncake

I consider myself to have pretty oily skin but I get dry patches every once in a while. when I tried this formula I was first and foremost annoyed with trying to get it out of the container! It's way too thick to be in a jar, I had to use a thin concealer brush to spoon it onto a sponge. The product goes on super thick and it weighs my face down, but somehow the coverage is still really sheer. I have a lot of dark acne scars, so that maybe be why I wasn't impressed with the coverage, but it didn't do much for light blemishes either. I was wearing it for a few week with a light translucent powder to set it (it doesn't dry very well and stays kind of sticky without powder) and I noticed within about four-six hours it started to pill up and look blotchy, like only parts of my face had makeup on it. my pores stood out something awful, they look like they were under a magnifying glass! And then to top things off, it would make any dry areas look super flaky. It may be your holy grail foundation, by my combination skin just did not agree with this formula. I much prefer the "normal/dry" version, even though that one isn't fantastic either.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by bluesunrise17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this foundation for about 2 weeks and I love it so far! My reasons...

PROS:
1. I'm very fair, and also there is a pink tone to my skin, and almost every skin makeup I try is too dark and too yellowy to suit my face, but the lightest shade available of this works perfectly. ( also, I've heard that it oxidizes but I haven't really experienced that.)

2. I have problems with acne and break out a lot, and even though this is a pretty high-coverage foundation it doesn't seem to clog my pores and it DOESN'T break me out. Which is a very important pro for me. :)

3. Having said that, I do have acne and sometimes with this, I don't even have to apply concealer on top of it. It's great coverage.

4. It makes your skin look perfect. I've gotten so many compliments on my face since I started using it; people say it makes my face look glowy.

5. It honestly does last throughout the whole day. Since I have to go to school early, I apply it around 6:30 a.m. and it will last if I have to work until 7 or 8 p.m. the same day. You barely even have to powder it again, and it still looks great.

CONS:
1. It is a little hard to wash off. I use a scrub before bed, which gets it off effectively but if you just use makeup remover or lotion it won't come off. (Which I guess can be a pro for day)

2. It's kind of awkward to dispense, and maybe not the most sanitary... but it works.

That's all I've got! I really do like this foundation though and will probably buy it again when it runs out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Rednails0007

I've been wearing this for over 2 years now, so I think it's legitimate to write a little review here for my OG foundation. :)
I hope that those pros/cons and tricks will be helpfull for some of you.

MY SKIN:
29 years old, so fine lines are starting. :(
Acne prone/cystic acne being treated with benzoyle peroxide every day.
Medium olive tone/NC 25ish. (not a Mac pro speaking here...)

PROS:
Medium to full COVERAGE (can hide blemishes)
200 NUDE fits me well most of the year, except when I'm really taned, then I go a shade or 2 higher.
Beige colors are great for medium/olive tone skins like mine.
Doesn't break me out (outer foundation can make me react in just a few hours)
COVERS ACNE scars quite well (a lot better than the NORMAL FORMULA), to the point that I don't even fell like I need to use concealer.
Doesn't set into my FINE LINES at all!
PACKAGING (yes!): It's a sturdy bottle that I'm not affraid to travel with (leaking/beaking). To get the right amount of product, I just put a finger on the opening and turn the container upside down and then apply on one zone at a time, blending with a flat top brush to avoid stikes. Almost better than using a pump!
PHOTOS: used it on my wedding day at the result was flawless! No flashback and airbrushed look.
COMFORTABLE on the skin troughout the day, not too oily/too dry.
TRANSFER resistant.
Doesn't really OXIDIZE on me: even if the shade is sometime not a 100% match, it is easy to fix blending a little bit down the neck and contouring a little.

CONS:
"Can" be hard to APPLY to makeup newbies (can be striky, dries kind of fast, cakey if too much is applied). TRICK: always moisturize first and blend well, small section at a time.
"Can" be hard to REMOVE. My trick, use coconut oil and massage it all over your face (yes, even the eyes!) for a few seconds. When you feel that all your makeup is melted (even mascara), remove the excess with a towelette or tissues. Only then, you can wash your face normaly, treat and moisturize. It works like a sharm to me! :)
PRICE: a little pricy for a drugstore foundation here in Canada, but well worth the inverstment on my opinion. Trick: I know I will always by again, so I keep an eye on specials when I glance at the makeup aisles.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by jod84

as a makeup junky i have used probably every line of makeup out there and yet i always come back to my colorstay it reminds me of esteeluder double wear. its very easy to bulid use it with a wet sponge for a sheer look or use it with a flat top brush for full coverage. it keeps my oily tzone pretty matte i only need to blot 1-2 times a day and it wont come off no matter how oily your skin is!!!! im on to my 4th bottle i hope revlon never stops making this its my go too makeup :)